secret details

Elisea

Reaction score
I have followed this case off and on for years, although I rarely post about it. I remember reading on either this forum or the old Justice Watch one about a "gruesome" detail that was not reported in the autopsy report. (Or to be really honest I should say it wasnt fully reported or accurately explained in the report.) It was a major discussion for awhile, while everyone debated if it was true or not.

I am not going to post what it was as it is pretty disturbing and I dont know if it is true or not. My point is, I am not "obsessed" about this case as Mr. Karr obviously is so if even I have heard about this it is pretty likely that he has heard about it too. I would hope that they have more to base this on than he has some details that werent publicly known! Especially given the fact that he has had so much contact with Mr. Tracey.

I was a member at JW and can't remember this but I'm glad you're not spilling it, just in case it's something they will find helpful.

i recall a gruesome detail also that a certain person slipped up about on live tv.

does anyone recall this?
tri

If it was Henry Lee....yes...I recall it

I don't remember that. I probably don't want to know--what was done was gruesome enough!

debann said:
CNN's Susan Candiotti says that U.S. law sources say that Karr gave graphic descriptions of JonBenet's body.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/18/karr.questions/index.html
Source: Karr knew murder scene secrets

Friday, August 18, 2006; Posted: 3:05 p.m. EDT (19:05 GMT)

Karr's confession is not the end of the JonBenet Ramsey case, authorities caution.
Image:

BOULDER, Colorado (CNN) -- John Mark Karr gave authorities graphic details about the condition of JonBenet Ramsey's body that have been kept secret for nearly a decade, a U.S. law enforcement source told CNN on Friday.

Those details were known only to the medical examiner and the investigators investigating the December 26, 1996 slaying of the 6-year-old beauty pageant competitor, the law enforcement official said.

Some of the details Karr shared were gruesome -- and accurate -- the source said. (Read about the crime scene)

Meanwhile, Ramsey family attorney Lin Wood told The Associated Press that JonBenet's mother Patsy Ramsey agreed to meet with the man who claimed to be her daughter's killer to help investigators

Crime Scene
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/18/ramsey.crimescene/index.html

JonBenet's autopsy report, released by the Boulder County coroner in August 1997, is the main source of what is publicly known about the crime scene. The report included the following details:

A knotted white synthetic "ligature" (a rope or cord) was wrapped around her neck, and another piece was loosely tied around the right wrist over the sleeve of her knit shirt.

The cord around her neck was looped around a 4 1/2-inch wooden "stick" with the word "Korea" printed on it in gold lettering. A portion of another word on the piece of wood was not legible.

The stick was irregularly broken at both ends, and was covered with several colors of paint and possibly some varnish. Police believe the stick was used to tighten the cord around the girl's neck.

Some of her pony-tailed hair was entwined in the knot of the cord around her neck.

JonBenet was lying on her back on the floor and was covered by a blanket and a Colorado Avalanche hockey team sweatshirt. Duct tape was found on her mouth, according to John Ramsey.

Her head was turned to the right and her arms were extended over her head.

She was wearing a long-sleeved white knit collarless shirt with a silver star in the middle decorated with sequins. She also was wearing long white underwear, and there were red stains and urine on the panties.

A red-ink drawing of a heart was on the palm of her left hand, and a gold cross hung around her neck. She also was wearing an identification bracelet stamped "JonBenet 12-25-96" and a ring on her right hand.

A Boulder County judge ordered the autopsy report released over the objections of investigators, who contended it should not be released because it contained information that only the killer or killers would know.

I know several "insider" details that have never been made public and some that have (after ST depo was released). Does that mean that I'm a suspect too?

Elisea, I remember it being discussed on JW too.

But weren't the autopsy photos leaked early on? That *could* be where he got his "graphic descriptions".

Trip Demuth said that he thought there was 'one thing' that had never been released, but said that he heard another TH or news person talking about that very thing.

Who knows?

What is for sure is that this guy has had ten years to get his fantasy made into reality.

What makes my heart ache is that there was even more pain inflicted on little JonBenet. :( But to know that makes a little sliver of light in my mind open up that maybe, just maybe, the Ramseys are innocent.... could her parents really hurt her more than is already known???

Jubie

OH, I wanna know! I wasn't studying this case at that time. Can you PM me Elisea and I'll be Mum

Thanks, Scandi

"i recall a gruesome detail also that a certain person slipped up about on live tv.

does anyone recall this?
tri"

No. What was it?

"Trip Demuth said that he thought there was 'one thing' that had never been released, but said that he heard another TH or news person talking about that very thing."

Which throws more doubt on this. So far, it's all hearsay. Pat Browne had a great point on this. Tune into "Tucker" on MSNBC at six and wait.

There's more than a few ways to come upon 'secret' information relating to JBR. One is to have murdered JBR. Another is to somehow gain access to coroner's info, another is to have access to LE info, yet another is to know or have come into contact with the actual perp(s), or someone else on the other side of the law who knows the perp.

Secret information usually becomes less secret, with the passage of time.

Call me a doubting Thomas. First, who is to say that any of the "secret details" that some posters think they know, are actual facts about the murder?? Secondly, who is to say that alleged "secret details", if they are actual facts about the case, are actually secret, and not commonly known by almost anyone with an in-depth knowledge about the case?? If it has been posted on any forum, it isn't secret any longer.

"JonBenet was lying on her back on the floor and was covered by a blanket and a Colorado Avalanche hockey team sweatshirt. Duct tape was found on her mouth, according to John Ramsey."

I didn't know that the sweatshirt was covering her in the basement! Is this correct reporting? I thought that happened after JR brought her upstairs?

Nehemiah said:
"JonBenet was lying on her back on the floor and was covered by a blanket and a Colorado Avalanche hockey team sweatshirt. Duct tape was found on her mouth, according to John Ramsey."

I didn't know that the sweatshirt was covering her in the basement! Is this correct reporting? I thought that happened after JR brought her upstairs?

They put the sweatshirt over her upstairs.

Hmmm...so let's say Karr does know "information that only the cops know" about the Ramsey case. But there are a number of investigators and...documentary writers who know a lot of things about the case that allegedly "only the cops know". We've already seen that with the Henry Lee accidental disclosure.

So, could it be possible that Karr learned the "secret evidence" from someone who's been studying the case for years? Someone like....Michael Tracey? :banghead:

everyone in this case blabbed everything they knew. Susan Candiotti says that the "law enforcement official" told her what it was "off the record". Now come on...if this is something that law enforcement wanted secret, why would anyone tell a reporter of all people?

As an aside, can you picture a defense attorney with the ME on the stand? "So you're telling the jury that the autopsy report you issued is incomplete? You held back information? What else are you holding back? How do we know it's not something that would exonerate my client?" Yeah, right.

The only thing I can think of that was supposedly "held back" was that allegedly the body was wrapped in the white blanket and was lying on a plaid throw from Ramsey's home office. A picture showed up in one of the tabloids of the basement cellar room that showed the throw with the white blanket near it. This was discussed on the old "Justice Watch" board quite extensively at the time, because the rumour was that law enforcement was trying to keep that detail a secret. Other people claimed that the picture was "staged" by the tabloid. I can't remember for heck what tabloid it was, but I think it might have been "The National Enquirer."

Frankly, I think that someone is trying to make himself look like he has inside information and thus is more important. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back