Oprah Show yesterday

Sleuthie_lu

Reaction score
YEsterday on Oprah, they did a story about a woman who sawa little girl in a store and her gut told her something was not right. After several days of trying to alert authorities, it seems they found the 7 year old little girl and a 17 year old boy living with a couple claiming to be their relatives. Both children had been horribly sexually abused.

I did a search on the couples previous addresses and found they lived in alabama, WV and Texas. WV and VA have missing children that could fit the bill:

Victor Dwight Shoemaker from WV. Age 17 Missing Date: May 1, 1994
Alison Kathleen Dalton Missing from VA abducted from the scene of a murder.

Does anyone have anymore info on the show, what has happened to these kids or if they have been able to identify them?

Sleuthie

Sleuthie_lu said:
YEsterday on Oprah, they did a story about a woman who sawa little girl in a store and her gut told her something was not right. After several days of trying to alert authorities, it seems they found the 7 year old little girl and a 17 year old boy living with a couple claiming to be their relatives. Both children had been horribly sexually abused.

I did a search on the couples previous addresses and found they lived in alabama, WV and Texas. WV and VA have missing children that could fit the bill:

Victor Dwight Shoemaker from WV. Age 17 Missing Date: May 1, 1994
Alison Kathleen Dalton Missing from VA abducted from the scene of a murder.

Does anyone have anymore info on the show, what has happened to these kids or if they have been able to identify them?

Sleuthie
Is this case you are talking about referring to Glenna Marshall and Jack Wiley?
(Both have been "captured" and are being charged according to AMW's website). If we are talking about the same case, AMW hasn't reported anything new in regards to the identity of the children. If I am talking about a different case... sorry!

According to this news article,the children were those of the woman.

Dean said she learned that the 3-year-old she’d said “Hi” to wasn’t missing, but still desperately needed help. Clues led the deputy to a mobile home in Alabama, where the horror story of extensive child abuse at the hand of a convicted sex offender, police said, began to disturbingly unfold.

Authorities said the 3-year-old girl was with 58-year-old Jack Wiley, who recently moved to Alabama with his common-law wife, Glenna Faye Cavender, Cavender’s 3-year-old daughter and her 17-year-old son.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=75218

babydust2004 said:
According to this news article,the children were those of the woman.

Dean said she learned that the 3-year-old she’d said “Hi” to wasn’t missing, but still desperately needed help. Clues led the deputy to a mobile home in Alabama, where the horror story of extensive child abuse at the hand of a convicted sex offender, police said, began to disturbingly unfold.

Authorities said the 3-year-old girl was with 58-year-old Jack Wiley, who recently moved to Alabama with his common-law wife, Glenna Faye Cavender, Cavender’s 3-year-old daughter and her 17-year-old son.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=75218
Thank you for the update! I still don't know if I was refering to the original posting... I didn't watch Oprah and the opening post is refering to a 7 year old girl. This case is horrible. AMW didn't have any new information or I am just not very good at navigating their site...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back