Seems to me there are some rather huge holes...

mjak

Reaction score
I think the most important part of this investigation into Karr is to place him in Colorado. If he can not be placed in Colorado then he could not have commited this crime. I think that a wife with young children would certanitly remember a Christmas where her husband was absent. Equaly important to me is establishing this man had a relationship to the Ramsey family prior to Jonbenets death. This has not been established either. It seems strange to me that this guy is being brought all the way from thailand to Boulder on suspicion of a crime that they can not even prove he was in the state it occured or new the family.
This puzzles me.

mjak

They seem to be bringing him home for questioning only.If he was not wanted for *advertiser censored* in California they probably would have just questioned him in Bankok. The Thai's are probably happy to get him out of their country as he is a predator.Wonder if he has committed any thing whilst he has been there.
we will have to wait and see what this all brings but it looks a bit suspect.

mjak said:
I think the most important part of this investigation into Karr is to place him in Colorado. If he can not be placed in Colorado then he could not have commited this crime. I think that a wife with young children would certanitly remember a Christmas where her husband was absent. Equaly important to me is establishing this man had a relationship to the Ramsey family prior to Jonbenets death. This has not been established either. It seems strange to me that this guy is being brought all the way from thailand to Boulder on suspicion of a crime that they can not even prove he was in the state it occured or new the family.
This puzzles me.

mjak
It's not just strange, it's incompetent IMO. Here's another one: why would Karr, whose interest in JonBenet was "love" (according to him) write the longest ransom note in history and then leave the body in the basement? Who could possibly believe that the condition in which the child's body was found was an "accident"? Previous theories regarding the cover-up (through the staging of the body) of an accident resulting perhaps from a fit of anger were plausible because they redirected attention from the family. But what possible reason could Karr have to stage the body to cover an "accident". Makes NO sense. And then, did I hear correctly that he says he picked her up from school on that day? On Dec. 25 or 26th after the parents brought her home themselves? The more I think about all of this, the more I think that Boulder taxpayers should be upset at what is being done with their money.

JMO

Hyatt, I believe the report that Karr claimed he picked up JBR from school has now been refuted. Karr didn't say that.

One thing I feel we all can agree on is Karr is definatly a wack job. It's been obvious to others for many years also, why he has floated from job to job, wanting to surround himself with young children only to be let go in a short amount of time. Am I correct in saying no one in his family has seen him for several years?
Many things need to be checked into and I'm sure there are many people doing that right now to see if he can be placed in Boulder. Right now IMO we can't take anything at face value. If he did do this, he's had almost 10 years to think about how he could handle it if he was ever caught, what could he do to weasle out of it? What way could he best throw off investigators? Can we really take anything Karr says as proof one way or another? I know I wouldn't trust him around any child and feel all children are a bit safer with him off the streets right now.

OB

mjak said:
It seems strange to me that this guy is being brought all the way from thailand to Boulder on suspicion of a crime that they can not even prove he was in the state it occured or new the family.

Seriously: who said it cannot be proved he was in Colorado at the relevant time?

i would not necessarilly believe the ex-wife. until it can be proved he was with her (or the brother) that particular Xmas.

I agree--his relatives cannot be trusted at this time--even his ex-wife,who supposedly hates him--after all,she doesn't want to be known as the ex-wife of a killer,especially a child-killer

Peter Hamilton said:
after all,she doesn't want to be known as the ex-wife of a killer,especially a child-killer

BINGO!

Nova said:
Hyatt, I believe the report that Karr claimed he picked up JBR from school has now been refuted. Karr didn't say that.
Thanks for clearing that up. I guess that the only thing we can rely on at this point is what we hear coming out of his mouth for ourselves.

I've been wondering if this guy is doing this because his life is in danger somehow in Thailand through contact with shady characters (assuming that he has some lucid moments) and that he is running into the arms of the law to protect himself from some worse fate.

As you can see, I'm not at all entertaining the thought that he is telling the truth but am rather wanting to understand what could lead him to tell such a whopper.

JMO

Have there been any reports to how his children are doing? The ex wife divorced him pretty quick after he was charged with child *advertiser censored*, the impression I get is she's a mother who's protective of her kids, she also got a restraining order so he couldn't be around them. It makes sense to me that she would want to continue protecting her kids by not having their father be a child killer.
She was very young when they married and left to raise 3 young children on her own I'm sure things have not been easy for her and now finding herself in this nightmare. My heart does go out to her.

OB

Well, since everyone has now seen him for what he is (highly disturbed) I see no reason why she would lie just to draw the line short of this crime.

JMO

Old Broad said:
Have there been any reports to how his children are doing? The ex wife divorced him pretty quick after he was charged with child *advertiser censored*, the impression I get is she's a mother who's protective of her kids, she also got a restraining order so he couldn't be around them. It makes sense to me that she would want to continue protecting her kids by not having their father be a child killer.
She was very young when they married and left to raise 3 young children on her own I'm sure things have not been easy for her and now finding herself in this nightmare. My heart does go out to her.

OB
Poor woman who have no way of knowing what she went through whilst married to Karrbut as you say she was very young.I saw a photo of him and his kids on the Golden gate bridge and the kids appeared to be 3 very nice looking little boys.In fact, Mr Karr looked o.k. too.Much heavier and nice looking.
I think he totally lost his way sometime and has not been 'normal' since.For a restraining warrant to be issued there must have been good reason. I wonder if he kept in contact with those boys. I doubt that he did.
I still do not understand why she would alibi him if he had not been with her.
Christmas is a big time when you have small kids ,I do not believe he just went off to Boulder. Unless he made a whirlwind trip that she did not know about.:twocents:

mjak said:
This puzzles me.

mjak

i agree mjak....Karr's ex-wife said that she couldn't remember a time that he wasn't there at xmas...also, it was mentioned that they were almost "dirt poor", so it makes one wonder how Karr was able to fly out to CO...(this was said on one of the 'news' shows last night)

they really need to establish whether or not this guy was in Boulder, xmas 96..

close_enough said:
i agree mjak....Karr's ex-wife said that she couldn't remember a time that he wasn't there at xmas...also, it was mentioned that they were almost "dirt poor", so it makes one wonder how Karr was able to fly out to CO...(this was said on one of the 'news' shows last night)

they really need to establish whether or not this guy was in Boulder, xmas 96..
Well, I'm right there with you. What's the HOLD UP on clarifying and verifying if this guy was with his family THAT Christmas? Just rediculous! YOu'd think LE would have swooped down on this ex-wife and sat right there with her while she looked through old photos and other documentation to solve this puzzle piece! I just don't "get" this at all.

I also heard the "dirt-poor" remark and although we've never been dirt poor, we sure couldn't have ever afforded a DeLorean especially when we were saddled with our small children - they're where all a young couple's money goes - KIDS!

Well, just heard he'll be arriving in LA on Sunday evening. He gets a special business class seat. How nice for him!

It's been reported that one of his jobs was a used car salesman, it's possible that the delorean was one that belonged to the car lot and he was just allowed to drive it. I often see some very nice cars tooling around with dealer tags on them. It also could have been a old delorean and he was able to get a good deal on it. A woman I worked with drove a BMW but it was old, no way could we afford a BMW on our salaries! I remember a guy years ago who drove a mercedes, sounds impressive but it was old and no higher value than what other people were driving.

OB

Old Broad said:
It's been reported that one of his jobs was a used car salesman, it's possible that the delorean was one that belonged to the car lot and he was just allowed to drive it. I often see some very nice cars tooling around with dealer tags on them. It also could have been a old delorean and he was able to get a good deal on it. A woman I worked with drove a BMW but it was old, no way could we afford a BMW on our salaries! I remember a guy years ago who drove a mercedes, sounds impressive but it was old and no higher value than what other people were driving.

OB
OK, if he worked for a used car place, THAT'S the answer! :cool:

gaia said:
Well, I'm right there with you. What's the HOLD UP on clarifying and verifying if this guy was with his family THAT Christmas? Just rediculous! YOu'd think LE would have swooped down on this ex-wife and sat right there with her while she looked through old photos and other documentation to solve this puzzle piece! I just don't "get" this at all.

I also heard the "dirt-poor" remark and although we've never been dirt poor, we sure couldn't have ever afforded a DeLorean especially when we were saddled with our small children - they're where all a young couple's money goes - KIDS!

Well, just heard he'll be arriving in LA on Sunday evening. He gets a special business class seat. How nice for him!

It may be nice for him that he's flying business class, but I'm sure he's regretting that he won't be in his new classroom with all the little kiddies. He'd just started the new job last Tuesday and he had a whole new playground he had access to.
I'm waiting for the reports to start coming out about what happened with his other jobs, what do the private families he worked for have to tell us?

OB

Ooooh, I heard somewhere in all the media hype, this Karr guy had submitted a resume or something indicating he'd been a "nanny-type" who'd taken care of an infant - changing diapers, etc. THAT MAKES ME CRAZY!!!! Sure hope he made that up!:eek:

gaia said:
Ooooh, I heard somewhere in all the media hype, this Karr guy had submitted a resume or something indicating he'd been a "nanny-type" who'd taken care of an infant - changing diapers, etc. THAT MAKES ME CRAZY!!!! Sure hope he made that up!:eek:
Me too. His resume was interesting reading, very worrying.The comforting thing is though, it was probably NOT true. He did seem to hop from one place to another bathing kids, giving them breakfast, taking them to the bus and putting them to bed (!):behindbar
I can only hope most of it was all made up because if not we could have heaps of more kiddy sex victims.....

kazzbar said:
They seem to be bringing him home for questioning only.If he was not wanted for *advertiser censored* in California they probably would have just questioned him in Bankok. The Thai's are probably happy to get him out of their country as he is a predator.Wonder if he has committed any thing whilst he has been there.
we will have to wait and see what this all brings but it looks a bit suspect.

It would have been much easier to have brought him home because he was a fugitive and let california authorities get him back to california. Then Colorado authorities could have jumped in with the Jonbenet investigation without the media attention. IF they wanted to just quesiton him in Bankok they would have. I think they have much more in mind then questioning, and I find this odd when they can not prove he was ever in Colorado or new the Ramseys.

mjak

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back