1388 users online (260 members and 1128 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    170

    Who stands to gain from a conviction resulting from Karr's false confession?

    1. Michael Tracey could make a bundle on selling the story of his communication with Karr.
    2. JR could get a fresh start in life.
    3. It wouldn't do the D.A. any harm either - succeeding in "solving" the JBR case, where so many others failed - although I think that there is a good dose of naivete in her case.

    --------

    And who is responsible for bringing Karr out into the limelight?

    IMO the only question here is: how long will Karr's fame last before he is completely forgotten?

    JMO

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyatt
    1. Michael Tracey could make a bundle on selling the story of his communication with Karr.
    2. JR could get a fresh start in life.
    3. It wouldn't do the D.A. any harm either - succeeding in "solving" the JBR case, where so many others failed - although I think that there is a good dose of naivete in her case.

    --------

    And who is responsible for bringing Karr out into the limelight?

    IMO the only question here is: how long will Karr's fame last before he is completely forgotten?

    JMO
    IMO Tracey is going to make money on this regardless of if Karr goes to trial or not. Even if he is released the day after coming to the states, Karr's involvement now in the case will always be part of the JonBenet case now.

    Since the Ramseys knew there was someone being looked at prior to Patsy's death, IMO if they had wanted to something could have easily been leaked out months ago, they didn't do that.

    IMO Karr will never be forgotten, he may be discounted at some point, but everyone will still remember where they were, how they felt when the news broke that there was an arrest in the JonBenet Ramsey case!

    OB
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Broad
    IMO Tracey is going to make money on this regardless of if Karr goes to trial or not. Even if he is released the day after coming to the states, Karr's involvement now in the case will always be part of the JonBenet case now.

    Since the Ramseys knew there was someone being looked at prior to Patsy's death, IMO if they had wanted to something could have easily been leaked out months ago, they didn't do that.

    IMO Karr will never be forgotten, he may be discounted at some point, but everyone will still remember where they were, how they felt when the news broke that there was an arrest in the JonBenet Ramsey case!

    OB
    Regarding your second paragraph about the Ramseys: I don't think that Patsy and John would have wanted the same thing just prior to Patsy's death. I don't think that SHE would have wanted this at that time since I believe that she had religious beliefs and probably knew that she was dying. I don't know if that sounds obscure but that is my hunch.

    JMO

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,450
    Tracey and the DA are both headed for fame and $ if Karr is found guilty. If not, their credibility is in the garbage.

    Tracey corresponded with Karr for 4 years? Considering Karr's demeanor, I cannot imagine why he would do this.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Trino
    Tracey and the DA are both headed for fame and $ if Karr is found guilty. If not, their credibility is in the garbage.

    Tracey corresponded with Karr for 4 years? Considering Karr's demeanor, I cannot imagine why he would do this.
    You read my mind (in your last sentence). Why indeed. But that surely tells us that Tracey has to be a kook himself, if you ask me. As for reputations, well, Tracey's is already garbage but yes, that is where the DA is heading too and I believe that it is because of her trust in JR and in the intruder theory which has blinded her towards what we both see when we look at Karr and listen to him.

    JMO

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6,341
    I'm pretty sure little girls will gain.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    4,175

    I hope the little girls gain...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wudge
    I'm pretty sure little girls will gain.
    only if he actually does go to jail for something.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Wudge
    I'm pretty sure little girls will gain.
    Amen.
    You took the words right out of mouth.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6,341
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzbar
    only if he actually does go to jail for something.

    If he does not go to prison, Karr (and, likely, Gloria Alred) will gain, because his book will be a best seller.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Wudge
    I'm pretty sure little girls will gain.
    True.

    Also, Karr himself might gain something. Perhaps he wants to be famous and write a book...he was supposedly working on one....look at all the free publicity he will have gotten.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzbar
    only if he actually does go to jail for something.
    Oh, I think he is going to jail....whether he killed JBR or not.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Tybee Island,GA
    Posts
    7,556
    He will do some time in California on the child porn charges. he has already served six months so im not sure how much time would be left on a sentence for misdemeaners. If he is insane maybe they can insitutionalize him?
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by tybee204
    He will do some time in California on the child porn charges. he has already served six months so im not sure how much time would be left on a sentence for misdemeaners. If he is insane maybe they can insitutionalize him?
    Yes but he was on supervised release and he violated that, which is another charge unto itself that would involve jail time. I am still confused as to why he was in jail for 6 months, but never convicted until after he left. We have the right to a speedy trial here in CA. Now perhaps he waived those rights for his defense, but it just doesn't add up.
    Then to be let go under a supervised release program, it is just odd.

  14. #14
    curiositycat's Avatar
    curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern New Mexico
    Posts
    4,948
    Not to mention the state of Colorado. Remember the then governor of the state said the Ramseys weren't forthcoming with information. Those aren't his exact words but it was something along those lines.

    I have lived in Colorado for almost two years now and in my opinion they don't take missing children, or abused women seriously.

    There is the case of little Arrone Thompson whose father said she got upset because he denied her a cookie and left the house (she was six years old also) People reported never seeing the child, there were other kids in the home, yet no arrest or apparrently much interest. They looked at the step mother and father but in a strange twist the step mother died the day after mother's day of apparently "normal" causes. (Heart problems).

    How sad is it to think that this poor child is just one more forgotten by the State of Colorado.

    I thank you for your question. I don't think this guy did it, but they may very well try to find a way to pin it on him, after ten years they should have arrested someone!
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    West Coast of Canada
    Posts
    6,306
    this very topic is hard for me to take..just because who stands to gain from a conviction is jon benet..
    If its a true conviction..
    maybe title the thread who stands to gain from a false conviction.
    It just doesnt seem right to assume that there is a conspiracy to find a flase conviction.
    It would take a lot to arrange that and imo they would have done it much sooner if it was about taking the heat of them-ramseys.
    John has a new life-I dont think anyone has stopped JOhn from living his life..he has carried on and has more credibility in the world as a non murderer than patsy had.

    If Patsy were alive there might be some bizzare reason to look for a false conviciton but truly i dont think anyone is looking for a false conviciton. I really dont.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Will Karr support confession?
    By islanders in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 02:09 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 02:23 AM
  3. False Confession Accepted?
    By lizziedripping in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-18-2006, 10:30 AM
  4. TX - Tortured into false confession 42 years ago, Robert Coney freed
    By LovelyPigeon in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 08:50 PM