Who stands to gain from a conviction resulting from Karr's false confession?

Hyatt

Reaction score
1. Michael Tracey could make a bundle on selling the story of his communication with Karr.
2. JR could get a fresh start in life.
3. It wouldn't do the D.A. any harm either - succeeding in "solving" the JBR case, where so many others failed - although I think that there is a good dose of naivete in her case.

--------

And who is responsible for bringing Karr out into the limelight?

IMO the only question here is: how long will Karr's fame last before he is completely forgotten?

JMO

Hyatt said:
1. Michael Tracey could make a bundle on selling the story of his communication with Karr.
2. JR could get a fresh start in life.
3. It wouldn't do the D.A. any harm either - succeeding in "solving" the JBR case, where so many others failed - although I think that there is a good dose of naivete in her case.

--------

And who is responsible for bringing Karr out into the limelight?

IMO the only question here is: how long will Karr's fame last before he is completely forgotten?

JMO

IMO Tracey is going to make money on this regardless of if Karr goes to trial or not. Even if he is released the day after coming to the states, Karr's involvement now in the case will always be part of the JonBenet case now.

Since the Ramseys knew there was someone being looked at prior to Patsy's death, IMO if they had wanted to something could have easily been leaked out months ago, they didn't do that.

IMO Karr will never be forgotten, he may be discounted at some point, but everyone will still remember where they were, how they felt when the news broke that there was an arrest in the JonBenet Ramsey case!

OB

Old Broad said:
IMO Tracey is going to make money on this regardless of if Karr goes to trial or not. Even if he is released the day after coming to the states, Karr's involvement now in the case will always be part of the JonBenet case now.

Since the Ramseys knew there was someone being looked at prior to Patsy's death, IMO if they had wanted to something could have easily been leaked out months ago, they didn't do that.

IMO Karr will never be forgotten, he may be discounted at some point, but everyone will still remember where they were, how they felt when the news broke that there was an arrest in the JonBenet Ramsey case!

OB
Regarding your second paragraph about the Ramseys: I don't think that Patsy and John would have wanted the same thing just prior to Patsy's death. I don't think that SHE would have wanted this at that time since I believe that she had religious beliefs and probably knew that she was dying. I don't know if that sounds obscure but that is my hunch.

JMO

Tracey and the DA are both headed for fame and $ if Karr is found guilty. If not, their credibility is in the garbage.

Tracey corresponded with Karr for 4 years? Considering Karr's demeanor, I cannot imagine why he would do this.

Trino said:
Tracey and the DA are both headed for fame and $ if Karr is found guilty. If not, their credibility is in the garbage.

Tracey corresponded with Karr for 4 years? Considering Karr's demeanor, I cannot imagine why he would do this.
You read my mind (in your last sentence). Why indeed. But that surely tells us that Tracey has to be a kook himself, if you ask me. As for reputations, well, Tracey's is already garbage but yes, that is where the DA is heading too and I believe that it is because of her trust in JR and in the intruder theory which has blinded her towards what we both see when we look at Karr and listen to him.

JMO

kazzbar said:
only if he actually does go to jail for something.

If he does not go to prison, Karr (and, likely, Gloria Alred) will gain, because his book will be a best seller.

Wudge said:
I'm pretty sure little girls will gain.

True.

Also, Karr himself might gain something. Perhaps he wants to be famous and write a book...he was supposedly working on one....look at all the free publicity he will have gotten.

He will do some time in California on the child *advertiser censored* charges. he has already served six months so im not sure how much time would be left on a sentence for misdemeaners. If he is insane maybe they can insitutionalize him?

tybee204 said:
He will do some time in California on the child *advertiser censored* charges. he has already served six months so im not sure how much time would be left on a sentence for misdemeaners. If he is insane maybe they can insitutionalize him?
Yes but he was on supervised release and he violated that, which is another charge unto itself that would involve jail time. I am still confused as to why he was in jail for 6 months, but never convicted until after he left. We have the right to a speedy trial here in CA. Now perhaps he waived those rights for his defense, but it just doesn't add up.
Then to be let go under a supervised release program, it is just odd.

Not to mention the state of Colorado. Remember the then governor of the state said the Ramseys weren't forthcoming with information. Those aren't his exact words but it was something along those lines.

I have lived in Colorado for almost two years now and in my opinion they don't take missing children, or abused women seriously.

There is the case of little Arrone Thompson whose father said she got upset because he denied her a cookie and left the house (she was six years old also) People reported never seeing the child, there were other kids in the home, yet no arrest or apparrently much interest. They looked at the step mother and father but in a strange twist the step mother died the day after mother's day of apparently "normal" causes. (Heart problems).

How sad is it to think that this poor child is just one more forgotten by the State of Colorado.

I thank you for your question. I don't think this guy did it, but they may very well try to find a way to pin it on him, after ten years they should have arrested someone!

this very topic is hard for me to take..just because who stands to gain from a conviction is jon benet..
If its a true conviction..
maybe title the thread who stands to gain from a false conviction.
It just doesnt seem right to assume that there is a conspiracy to find a flase conviction.
It would take a lot to arrange that and imo they would have done it much sooner if it was about taking the heat of them-ramseys.
John has a new life-I dont think anyone has stopped JOhn from living his life..he has carried on and has more credibility in the world as a non murderer than patsy had.

If Patsy were alive there might be some bizzare reason to look for a false conviciton but truly i dont think anyone is looking for a false conviciton. I really dont.

Forget conspiracy. This looks like a phony. The ex-wife alibis him, he changes his story multiple times, etc.

It is Michael Tracey who will ga$n from this....four years of e-mails???

Does anyone know if Karr saved his e-mails from Tracey? If so, my guess is that Tracey will be in alot of hot water because he threw Karr bones every now and then.

"Does anyone know if Karr saved his e-mails from Tracey? If so, my guess is that Tracey will be in alot of hot water because he threw Karr bones every now and then."

A lot of people think that happened.

Have we heard that expression "so very" sorry, before, from some other case?

Editing to ask, it wasn't JR when he went for a walk that first day in Boulder, right? Didn't he just say "I'm so sorry"? Was it the Van Dam case or another false confession? James Selby? Where have we heard that before? Anyone else get a deja vu (sp?) alert?

If a lot of people said it all the time I don't think I'd notice it so much. One time at the board I noticed it but can't remember what case.

newtv said:
this very topic is hard for me to take..just because who stands to gain from a conviction is jon benet..
If its a true conviction..
maybe title the thread who stands to gain from a false conviction.
It just doesnt seem right to assume that there is a conspiracy to find a flase conviction.
It would take a lot to arrange that and imo they would have done it much sooner if it was about taking the heat of them-ramseys.
John has a new life-I dont think anyone has stopped JOhn from living his life..he has carried on and has more credibility in the world as a non murderer than patsy had.

If Patsy were alive there might be some bizzare reason to look for a false conviciton but truly i dont think anyone is looking for a false conviciton. I really dont.
The title of the thread specifies "false confession". An eventual conviction could become real (hypothetically, because I seriously doubt that it will happen).

I don't see a "conspiracy" here but rather at least three individuals who, individually, could stand to gain by this and who probably have had contact with one another (not sure about communication between Tracey and JR - does anyone know?) and thus may have egged each other on in the pursuit of this Karr guy. I don't see this as a scenario of those two sitting down with the DA and saying "Let's set up some poor deluded fool, blah blah" but rather three careers for which the capture of the killer would be a positive thing: the DA would be seen as having accomplished what most said was probably impossible; the writer would make a mint and as for JR - he went from a highly successful career to becoming a sort of "untouchable" because of the scandal. There is NO doubt that the capture of JBR's killer, no matter what JR's involvement was, would be good for JR.

We need not be thinking of an orchestrated and voiced "conspiracy" but rather individuals who would do everything they could by way of their words and decisions to agree with the pursuit of the Karr investigation, trigger it, support it.

------

A word to the posters who said that "little girls would profit" or JonBenet: until there is proof (beyond the usual media rumours, inuendo and general misinformation) regarding Karr's past that he was and is a menace to children, is a pedophile etc. I am reserving judgment. I am waiting for the dust to settle on that one since I feel I know nothing for sure thus far about this guy's past. I mean we heard from the media that he was picked up on sex-related issues - then we found out no, that was incorrect. Then we heard that he confessed to sexually assaulting JBR, then THAT was corrected and found to be fabrication. So, frankly, at this stage of the game I personally feel that I know nothing about this guy's sexuality. I know that there has been information about kiddie *advertiser censored* but thus far I am not confident that we have all the facts yet. JonBenet will profit from having the REAL killers identified and brought to justice. I doubt that the latter will happen but I am still hoping that identification will be possible.

Just watching a rerun of the Ramseys on LKL. I'm struck by Patsy's focus on what her friends did - hold her up etc. It links up to the other thread about the friends coming over.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back