1166 users online (251 members and 915 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    292

    Did Karr Sleuth the Sleuths?

    Last night a talking head from one major news station (sorry cant remember which one) the head was named Sunsan Condiotti (Sp?) said that Karr made statements regarding the condtition of the body, concerning things not made public and only known to a slect few people to the case. Condiotti called these things "Holdbacks". In other words things not even in the autopsy report.

    This article about Jameson says that she knew things that the public did not.
    Could Karr have sleuthed this sleuth???

    http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlot...n/15313113.htm
    She got the autopsy photos. She got depositions and search warrants. She got things the public hadn't seen. She got some things the Ramseys hadn't seen.
    dragonfly >!<

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6,342
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly707
    Last night a talking head from one major news station (sorry cant remember which one) the head was named Sunsan Condiotti (Sp?) said that Karr made statements regarding the condtition of the body, concerning things not made public and only known to a slect few people to the case. Condiotti called these things "Holdbacks". In other words things not even in the autopsy report.

    This article about Jameson says that she knew things that the public did not.
    Could Karr have sleuthed this sleuth???

    http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlot...n/15313113.htm
    She got the autopsy photos. She got depositions and search warrants. She got things the public hadn't seen. She got some things the Ramseys hadn't seen.

    Its very possible that Karr read or even posted at Jameson245. For many a year, it was the best crime forum, by far, that followed this case.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    292
    Thanks Wudge, I feel with his strong obsession he went many places that were covering this case and the Jameson forums were probably one of many. That said I just wonder if some of his story that might be blowing the minds of the people looking at him so intently including the Journalism instructor are not simply things he dug up from his encounter with forums such as this.

    It is quite conceivable that someone could construct a story from forum information that would lead them into being investigated. I think that there are a lot of people who have closely followed the case over the years that if they were the type of person who wanted to make a confession in the case could do that and be listened to by authorities (at least for awhile).
    dragonfly >!<

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    23,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Wudge
    Its very possible that Karr read or even posted at Jameson245. For many a year, it was the best crime forum, by far, that followed this case.
    Interesting Wudge. I had heard mention of Jameson before, and the information, and insight, she had been able to gain. Did you read her book?? and did her book divulge much information that hadn't been made public knowledge up until that time?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1
    Interesting Wudge. I had heard mention of Jameson before, and the information, and insight, she had been able to gain. Did you read her book?? and did her book divulge much information that hadn't been made public knowledge up until that time?
    Are you talking about the story she sold to the tabloid, NE?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    23,627
    Quote Originally Posted by packerdog
    Are you talking about the story she sold to the tabloid, NE?
    No, I am asking about her book.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1
    Interesting Wudge. I had heard mention of Jameson before, and the information, and insight, she had been able to gain. Did you read her book?? and did her book divulge much information that hadn't been made public knowledge up until that time?

    Buzz, for about seven years, (up to 2003) the Jon Benet crime forum hosted by jameson was a daily reference and discussion point for reporters, LE, case followers, etc.. I didn't read Susan's book, because it would have offered me nothing new.

    I left the site during a period when a conflict of interest issue was developing between her and the Ramseys, but it was a superb crime forum and had a good number of excellent evidence assessors/analysts. The Ramseys even noted it in their book, "The Death of Innocence", which I would recommend to new case followers.
    Last edited by Wudge; 08-19-2006 at 04:21 PM.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1
    No, I am asking about her book.
    Isn't she calling it a "play"?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1
    No, I am asking about her book.
    Jameson has never written a book,although she has recently wrote a play and it's on e-bay for $100 bucks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by capps
    Jameson has never written a book,although she has recently wrote a play and it's on e-bay for $100 bucks.
    snicker....


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    23,627
    Quote Originally Posted by capps
    Jameson has never written a book,although she has recently wrote a play and it's on e-bay for $100 bucks.
    I couldn't locate it:

    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...trypage=search

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paducah, KY
    Posts
    13,815
    jameson sold transcripts of BPD interviews with John and Patsy Ramsey to the National Enquirer. The NE then printed those in paperback book form, with some commentary.

    The book title is JONBEBET The Police Files, edited by Don Gentile and David Wright. It includes copies of the ransom note, some handwriting samples of Patsy's, photos and diagrams of the Ramsey home, and family photos of the Ramseys.

    jameson didn't write a word of it. She just sold the material to the tabloid.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Wudge
    Buzz, for about seven years, (up to 2003) the Jon Benet crime forum on jameson245 was a daily reference and discussion point for reporters, LE, case followers, etc.. I didn't read Susan's book, because it would have offered me nothing new.

    I left the site during a period when a conflict of interest issue was developing between her and the Ramseys, but it was a superb crime forum and had a good number of excellent evidence assessors/analysts. The Ramseys even noted it in their book, "The Death of Innocence", which I would recommend to new case followers.
    Wudge, Wudge, Wudge, you have to tell the whole truth here. It was also full of misinformation, and ridiculous accusations, not to mention false leads that cost alot of money and time. It wasn't exactly set up with an open mind but with one that was convinced, by her own words, the parents were innocent, from the get go. Not to mention, all the money which was made by said site owner by selling her "inside info". Oh and remeber the snakes in the shower story, it was kind of hard to believe anything at face value after that all hit the fan.

    dragonfly, it certainly is possible, and very likely, but if you are really interested in case info, including the internet subculture, spend some time here:
    http://www.acandyrose.com/index.htm

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    381
    Yes LP that's true, do you think she was selling leaks to the tabs all along. There were sooo many "inside" stories, some right, some wrong in the tabs over the years? After all, she did sell the transcripts, and now a play, kinda makes you wonder? I know you were very angry about it, and rightly so, I'm just wondering if you think she was the leak to all the tabs too?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paducah, KY
    Posts
    13,815
    I didn't think the tabloids were paying jameson for info before she sold the interview materials, if that's what you mean. Jeffrey Shapiro was doing a fine job of his own working for the Globe at the time, and there were others who weren't employed by the tabloids who were selling 'stories', including the Ramsey's former housekeepers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. For OZ sleuths
    By TinaD in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 05:31 PM