Did Karr Sleuth the Sleuths?

dragonfly707

Reaction score
Last night a talking head from one major news station (sorry cant remember which one) the head was named Sunsan Condiotti (Sp?) said that Karr made statements regarding the condtition of the body, concerning things not made public and only known to a slect few people to the case. Condiotti called these things "Holdbacks". In other words things not even in the autopsy report.

This article about Jameson says that she knew things that the public did not.
Could Karr have sleuthed this sleuth???

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/columnists/tommy_tomlinson/15313113.htm
She got the autopsy photos. She got depositions and search warrants. She got things the public hadn't seen. She got some things the Ramseys hadn't seen.

dragonfly707 said:
Last night a talking head from one major news station (sorry cant remember which one) the head was named Sunsan Condiotti (Sp?) said that Karr made statements regarding the condtition of the body, concerning things not made public and only known to a slect few people to the case. Condiotti called these things "Holdbacks". In other words things not even in the autopsy report.

This article about Jameson says that she knew things that the public did not.
Could Karr have sleuthed this sleuth???

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/columnists/tommy_tomlinson/15313113.htm
She got the autopsy photos. She got depositions and search warrants. She got things the public hadn't seen. She got some things the Ramseys hadn't seen.

Its very possible that Karr read or even posted at Jameson245. For many a year, it was the best crime forum, by far, that followed this case.

Thanks Wudge, I feel with his strong obsession he went many places that were covering this case and the Jameson forums were probably one of many. That said I just wonder if some of his story that might be blowing the minds of the people looking at him so intently including the Journalism instructor are not simply things he dug up from his encounter with forums such as this.

It is quite conceivable that someone could construct a story from forum information that would lead them into being investigated. I think that there are a lot of people who have closely followed the case over the years that if they were the type of person who wanted to make a confession in the case could do that and be listened to by authorities (at least for awhile).

Wudge said:
Its very possible that Karr read or even posted at Jameson245. For many a year, it was the best crime forum, by far, that followed this case.
Interesting Wudge. I had heard mention of Jameson before, and the information, and insight, she had been able to gain. Did you read her book?? and did her book divulge much information that hadn't been made public knowledge up until that time?

Buzzm1 said:
Interesting Wudge. I had heard mention of Jameson before, and the information, and insight, she had been able to gain. Did you read her book?? and did her book divulge much information that hadn't been made public knowledge up until that time?

Are you talking about the story she sold to the tabloid, NE?

Buzzm1 said:

Buzz, for about seven years, (up to 2003) the Jon Benet crime forum hosted by jameson was a daily reference and discussion point for reporters, LE, case followers, etc.. I didn't read Susan's book, because it would have offered me nothing new.

I left the site during a period when a conflict of interest issue was developing between her and the Ramseys, but it was a superb crime forum and had a good number of excellent evidence assessors/analysts. The Ramseys even noted it in their book, "The Death of Innocence", which I would recommend to new case followers.

Buzzm1 said:
No, I am asking about her book.

Jameson has never written a book,although she has recently wrote a play and it's on e-bay for $100 bucks.

capps said:
Jameson has never written a book,although she has recently wrote a play and it's on e-bay for $100 bucks.
snicker....:sick:

jameson sold transcripts of BPD interviews with John and Patsy Ramsey to the National Enquirer. The NE then printed those in paperback book form, with some commentary.

The book title is JONBEBET The Police Files, edited by Don Gentile and David Wright. It includes copies of the ransom note, some handwriting samples of Patsy's, photos and diagrams of the Ramsey home, and family photos of the Ramseys.

jameson didn't write a word of it. She just sold the material to the tabloid.

Wudge said:
Buzz, for about seven years, (up to 2003) the Jon Benet crime forum on jameson245 was a daily reference and discussion point for reporters, LE, case followers, etc.. I didn't read Susan's book, because it would have offered me nothing new.

I left the site during a period when a conflict of interest issue was developing between her and the Ramseys, but it was a superb crime forum and had a good number of excellent evidence assessors/analysts. The Ramseys even noted it in their book, "The Death of Innocence", which I would recommend to new case followers.

Wudge, Wudge, Wudge, you have to tell the whole truth here. It was also full of misinformation, and ridiculous accusations, not to mention false leads that cost alot of money and time. It wasn't exactly set up with an open mind but with one that was convinced, by her own words, the parents were innocent, from the get go. Not to mention, all the money which was made by said site owner by selling her "inside info". Oh and remeber the snakes in the shower story, it was kind of hard to believe anything at face value after that all hit the fan.

dragonfly, it certainly is possible, and very likely, but if you are really interested in case info, including the internet subculture, spend some time here:
http://www.acandyrose.com/index.htm

Yes LP that's true, do you think she was selling leaks to the tabs all along. There were sooo many "inside" stories, some right, some wrong in the tabs over the years? After all, she did sell the transcripts, and now a play, kinda makes you wonder? I know you were very angry about it, and rightly so, I'm just wondering if you think she was the leak to all the tabs too?

I didn't think the tabloids were paying jameson for info before she sold the interview materials, if that's what you mean. Jeffrey Shapiro was doing a fine job of his own working for the Globe at the time, and there were others who weren't employed by the tabloids who were selling 'stories', including the Ramsey's former housekeepers.

Hi LovelyPigeon. Good to see you back.

Do you think Karr ever posted here, or at Jameson's?

LovelyPigeon said:
I didn't think the tabloids were paying jameson for info before she sold the interview materials, if that's what you mean. Jeffrey Shapiro was doing a fine job of his own working for the Globe at the time, and there were others who weren't employed by the tabloids who were selling 'stories', including the Ramsey's former housekeepers.
I think she made a few sales LP. I've never come across anyone quite like her. The others sold "their" stories, jameson has made Ramsey into a paying business for herself. I am so opposed to that - I think it is morally wrong. I'm all for giving of one's time and energy to good causes and if I ever found myself in the position where I was being offered money for giving an interview (for example), I'd donate that money to a good cause. My conscience wouldn't let me profit from someone else's tragedy - no matter how down on my luck I was.

Nehemiah said:
Hi LovelyPigeon. Good to see you back.

Do you think Karr ever posted here, or at Jameson's?
I think he must have - how could he resist it? I don't go back as far as most of you and I have a fearful memory for names. I'd need to go digging in my archives looking for likely contenders :)

Some of you might not remember a time when jameon was the moderator here at Websleuths, thats going back to about 1997 and 1998. She split with the owner, Murphy, and then opened her own forum. Some of us have been here for eons!

It is my opinion that Karr could have been the poster twoplustwo, who was involved with the Patricia Letters.

sheba1 said:
Wudge, Wudge, Wudge, you have to tell the whole truth here. It was also full of misinformation, and ridiculous accusations, not to mention false leads that cost alot of money and time. It wasn't exactly set up with an open mind but with one that was convinced, by her own words, the parents were innocent, from the get go. Not to mention, all the money which was made by said site owner by selling her "inside info". Oh and remeber the snakes in the shower story, it was kind of hard to believe anything at face value after that all hit the fan.

dragonfly, it certainly is possible, and very likely, but if you are really interested in case info, including the internet subculture, spend some time here:
http://www.acandyrose.com/index.htm

"Jameson" granted the Ramseys their presumption of innocence. Moreover, when the Ramseys hired an attorney, she did not take that to be evidence of guilt in any manner whatsoever. However, back then, most of the other crime boards lite up with posts that took the hiring of an attorney to be tantamount to treason and a sign of absolute guilt.

At that time, a huge number of posters were still up-in-arms over a belief that a dream team of attorneys got OJ acquitted in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. And they feared the same thing would happen in Jon Benet's case. Hence, the uproar and a birth of a new approach to guilt in the court of public opinion; that being, lawyer-up and much of the public will consider that as evidence of guilt.

You never thought that way I'm sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back