Karr delivered deceased twins

The Article doesn't say they were born at home just that they both passed away the day they were born.

Amraann said:
The Article doesn't say they were born at home just that they both passed away the day they were born.
These are the last two lines of the article:

Former Sheriff A-C Tice says the twins were born at home.

Probate Judge Annette Bozeman says Karr apparently delivered his children.

Inless I am blind, didn't say if they were boys or girls.....:waitasec:
Also who in the world would deliver twins at home, very wied...

OOPS!

Your right! Sorry:)

I wonder why they were born at home and if she had any OB care during the pregnancy??

Sherlockmom said:
Apparantly Karr delivered the twins himself. They were born at home. They died. I don't know if they were born dead, full term or what have you.

I was reading the Justice Forum and got the link to the article from there.

http://www.wtvm.com/Global/story.asp?S=5296276&nav=8fap

Thanks for the link, Sherlockmom :)

I heard on the news one day, he was suppose to have blamed his wife for their death. However that is all that was said about that! Strange man! :eek:

LaMer said:
Thanks for the link, Sherlockmom :)

I heard on the news one day, he was suppose to have blamed his wife for their death. However that is all that was said about that! Strange man! :eek:
We were talking about this yesterday and it was mentioned that perhaps he had the 3 boys in quick succession because he was trying to have a girl. It is reported that he had little or no interaction with his 3 boys.I have also read that he blamed the wife for the death of Angel and Innocence. Probably would have been his dream come true to have twin girls.

Amraann said:
OOPS!

Your right! Sorry:)

I wonder why they were born at home and if she had any OB care during the pregnancy??
Someone posted yesterday that she all the babies at home. The twins, as well as, the 3 boys.

Pharlap said:
Inless I am blind, didn't say if they were boys or girls.....:waitasec:
Also who in the world would deliver twins at home, very wied...

From link:

"Karr later married Lara Karr, who was 16 when their twin daughters died the day they were born on September 1st, 1989. The girls, Angel and Innocence Karr, are buried in the cemetery of a rural church in a family plot."

LOL not blind, I had to check too :doh:

JBean said:
We were talking about this yesterday and it was mentioned that perhaps he had the 3 boys in quick succession because he was trying to have a girl. It is reported that he had little or no interaction with his 3 boys.I have also read that he blamed the wife for the death of Angel and Innocence. Probably would have been his dream come true to have twin girls.

Also, I remember hearing, he preferred teaching little girls! :eek:

Maybe the reason the little girls died is this moron delivered them?? Then again, he probably would have molested them so God knew best.

You know I thot how lucky it is that his children have been boys..and thats why he did not play with them-he is interested in girls..at least the children were left alone and not influenced by this nutcase-(even though he wasnt with them much anyhow)
I mean they were saved by virtue of their birth gender imo.
He would have molested his girls and worse.

newtv said:
You know I thot how lucky it is that his children have been boys..and thats why he did not play with them-he is interested in girls..at least the children were left alone and not influenced by this nutcase-(even though he wasnt with them much anyhow)
I mean they were saved by virtue of their birth gender imo.
He would have molested his girls and worse.

I thought it was on one of news programs, he was ordered to stay away from his children for 3 years. Anyone know why?

map.google.com for "hamilton, alabama" and "hospitals"

As of today...distances from Hamilton to hospitals appear to be 10 miles and more and on what kind of roads? On the other hand, there might have been a small clinic with a GP or OB doctor in Hamilton in 1989 when the little ones died? Is it common for home deliveries in Hamilton? Does a local doctor do home deliveries (in 1962, small town Alabama, our doctor made house calls and even did an IV drip on a family member on our couch)?

According to the Wikepedia site: Hamilton, 2000 census, the population was 6786

Not a big town, how many docs live/practice there? How many did in 1989?

Found the following, but how long has the "Regional" center been open (it is only 1.2 miles from center of Hamilton)? Is it open at night?:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Hamilton-Alabama.html
Hospital/medical center in Hamilton:

* MARION REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (1256 MILITARY STREET SOUTH)

Other hospitals/medical centers near Hamilton:

* CARRAWAY NORTHWEST MEDICAL CENTER (about 20 miles; WINFIELD, AL)
* RED BAY HOSPITAL (about 24 miles; RED BAY, AL)
* CARRAWAY BURDICK WEST MEDICAL CENTER (about 27 miles; HALEYVILLE, AL)
===============

Is it possible that Lara had her water break and immediately started having the babies and JMK did his best, having called for help? Is it possible that both Lara and JMK really wanted those babies to live and his having them die in his hands, when he was hoping to help, severely emotionally damaged him? Is it possible that something like this could have severely grieved him? Is it possible that he got upset with Lara because he was heartbroken? Don't people do strange things when there is a death, at times? Don't they have a tendency to blame someone? Did he really blame her? Where did that info come from? Did he blame her just immediately as a response in grief, or did that go on and on? If he blamed her, does anyone know why?

Also...where is the info on the naming of one of the boys as "Seven Exodus." Are we sure of that name? Do we know who chose the name?

Didn't Frank Zappa name one of his kids "Dweezle" and one of them "Moon Unit?"

Wrinkles

LaMer said:
I thought it was on one of news programs, he was ordered to stay away from his children for 3 years. Anyone know why?

My guess is the child *advertiser censored* charges. That would be enough reason.

OB/Gyn search for Hamilton, Alabama

As of today, unless the search missed it, closest docs are in Winfield, 19 miles away?

GP search for Hamilton, Alabama

As of today, unless the search missed it, one doctor appears to be in Hamilton, the rest appear to be 20+ miles away.

So if your wife, pregnant with twins, goes into hard labor, do you cut out hoping to get to a hospital? Hope you don't have to pull over on a somewhat less travelled road or on a highway to try and deliver the babies? How long would it take for an ambulance to arrive to your home in Hamilton? In 1989 at the age of 24, do you own a cell phone?

LaMer said:
An article I read talked about the wife filing for divorce a few days after he was charged with the 5 counts of child *advertiser censored* in California. Later she also asked for and received the restraining order. From what I understood he was also in trouble for not following it and was in more trouble when he skipped the country. I have not heard any details about the *advertiser censored* charges, just how it came about that he got busted.

About the children being born at home. It's been said he delivered all of the children himself. You would think that if his wife first had the twins and they both died on the same day they were born, he would have seen that she was given more care with the next pregnancies! No mention of a midwife at all. This was in the 80's not back in the 20's or 30's where some areas would not be able to provide basic care.
I also remember reading that he got his wife pregnant so they could marry without her parents consent so the parents must have been against it, I'm sure around there people talked about his first marriage to the 12 year old and how a year later she got away from him afraid for her life.
So far I have heard no warm fuzzy stories about his man.................. if he did not kill JonBenet IMO he still has other things to be held accountable for.

OB

Wrinkles said:
OB/Gyn search for Hamilton, Alabama

As of today, unless the search missed it, closest docs are in Winfield, 19 miles away?

GP search for Hamilton, Alabama

As of today, unless the search missed it, one doctor appears to be in Hamilton, the rest appear to be 20+ miles away.

So if your wife, pregnant with twins, goes into hard labor, do you cut out hoping to get to a hospital? Hope you don't have to pull over on a somewhat less travelled road or on a highway to try and deliver the babies? How long would it take for an ambulance to arrive to your home in Hamilton? In 1989 at the age of 24, do you own a cell phone?
There are just so many facts that we don't know about this.

Did they know she was carrying twins? Did they have prenatal care?

As you noted, the labor could have gone too fast to anything but a home delivery. If they were alone, there would be no way he would want to drive and not attend to her in the car.

They could have planned on a home birth (with a midwife), and maybe didn't have enough time for the midwife to get there.

If they were planning on a home birth because they couldn't afford the hospital or prenatal care, that's a whole different story. It is very unusual to have home birth if you are having twins - especially if it's your first birth. Most reputable midwives would not take that on. Also, a good midwife will not take someone on as a client who is unwilling to go to the hospital in the event of complications - if the baby dies - they could lose their license.

I had all three of my children at home. (1980, 1982 & 1986) It's not that unheard of. However, I was also prescreened, had excellent prenatal care, and had RNs and certified, licensed midwives. AND, I was willing to go to the hospital in the event of complications. Having said that - my last one popped out really fast. We called the midwife at about 9:45AM - she got to our home about 10:00 AM, and he was born at 10:18 AM. It was very quick! There was no stopping that kid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back