Steve Thomas

sandraladeda

Inactive
Reaction score
This is one thread I have not seen!

I haven't been able to find any information on Steve Thomas, no recent news, no public comment.

Steve Thomas' book was the first I read in learning about the JBR case, so I may have a bias in favor of him. In my personal opinion, Steve Thomas did the best he could to find the killer of JBR. I understand his frustration in dealing with the DA's office and the R's, in his pursuit of justice for this tiny victim. I think he was very committed, I think his life was turned upside down for many years over this case.

I wonder how he is dealing with the news of this arrest, and the unfolding story. I respect that he has stayed quiet, and appears to be taking a "wait and see" approach to all this.

On day one of the news of JMK's possible involvement, I read some posts that truly slammed ST. imho, this is not fair, as I believe he was very convinced of his position against the R's, the R's and their lawyers did not make it easy on investigators, and I believe ST was honestly trying to do a thorough investigation. He faced numerous frustrations, from his own superiors, from the DA's office, from the R's, and their lawyers.

I hope that, if JMK turns out to be the killer, folks will not be too harsh on ST.

imho

Agreed, Sandra...I hope not, too. He did his best and he is a very good man. His wife just had a baby so he is probably staying quiet and enjoying his family right now, waiting to see how it all shakes out.

Wasn't he on one of the news shows the night of the arrest?

I thought I read that he was on NG or something like that?

if he WAS on the shows, I didn't see him!

I have to agree with sandra for now. he took the best advice from the best people, had to deal with a DA that undercut his own witnesses, and was even asked to join the FBI. I doubt they hire "fools."

As opposed to a certain someone else who cut out on his own, disregarded the advice of people trying to help him, shopped experts until he found some who agreed with him, shared stolen case info with people not working on the case...sound familiar?

Steve has a statement on his web page saying that he will have a response, did you miss his earlier one this month? There is a thread here about it, probably a few pages back after all of this recent flurry.

No - he has made no media appearances regarding this situation.

RR

I'm hoping if Karr is proven not to be the killer then Steve Thomas may make an appearance and state his view of the evidence again. If anyone ever hears he'll be on a show, please make a thread. I wouldn't want to miss hearing what he might have to say.

I've been very surprised and mildy offended at seeing so many people on telly accept Karr as the killer and then go into a discourse on the injustice done to the Ramseys with suspicion of their guilt. Assuming Karr is, in fact, the killer without proof is every bit as presumptuous and unfair as assuming the Ramseys were guilty with the amount of evidence indicating their involvement.

Don't get me started on Steve Thomas. I don't like him and he did many, many things wrong. he was used to going after drug offenders and when you have one in your radar, then you start building your case around him. Then he was put on this murder case, put Patsy on his radar and went from there. As far as checking other alibi's? If someone said they were asleep that was good enough for him. And. I heard of many who's alibi was that they were asleep.

He was more concerned that he had to shave off his beard and mustache and cut his long hair for the Ramsey case. Guess it didn't attract the women like before.

And. I heard of many who's alibi was that they were asleep.

What alibis would you expect Christmas night?

For Sandraladeda - this was released a couple of weeks ago by Steve. We are still waiting to see if this recent "news" is worthy of his attention or not.

"August 2006

I have little public comment about the death of JonBenet Ramsey's mother in June 2006. She passed before anyone was charged in this case.

As illustrated in my 1998 resignation letter, I previously had little confidence (now, none) in the Boulder criminal justice system. I am particularly disappointed in the Boulder County District Attorney's Office because of their continued inability to successfully clear, close, or further this case. I wish that were not the situation. The Boulder Police Department no longer has any direct involvement in the investigation, having relinquished the case to District Attorney Mary Lacy's office in 2002 (that, in itself, a rather unusual capitulation).

DA Lacy has made no recent public comment about the case which I would characterize as enlightening, nor demonstrated an ability to successfully advance or conclude the investigation. This, unfortunately, inspires little confidence. (Although Lacy's staff has included respected outside investigators who have reviewed the case, including Tom Bennett and the recently departed Jim Kolar).

As the 10th anniversary of this tragic and poignant case approaches in December 2006, I am afraid that the death of this precious child will remain yet another unresolved homicide in which the administration of justice must be left to God. At least there is consolation in that end.

I appreciate all of the public support I have received the last many years. As most of you know I have returned to a much-sought private life, but you are certainly welcome to continue your correspondence (e-mail link below), as I do appreciate hearing your thoughts and perspectives.

Many kind regards,
Steve Thomas

http://www.forstevethomas.com/

BeeBee said:
Don't get me started on Steve Thomas. I don't like him and he did many, many things wrong. he was used to going after drug offenders and when you have one in your radar, then you start building your case around him. Then he was put on this murder case, put Patsy on his radar and went from there. As far as checking other alibi's? If someone said they were asleep that was good enough for him. And. I heard of many who's alibi was that they were asleep.

He was more concerned that he had to shave off his beard and mustache and cut his long hair for the Ramsey case. Guess it didn't attract the women like before.
Whoops! Looks like I already got you started....

The bit about the haircut, I guess he didn't consider it important enough to include in his book. He also made it clear many wild goose chases he went on to track down dubious suspects. It sure didn't appear that he accepted the "I was sleeping" defense without significant investigation and corroboration.

As a "supermoderator", I guess I will bow to your greater handle on this case. However, I do stand by my comment that I hope people will not judge him harshly, should JMK turn out to be the killer (right now I'm thinking no...) as, imho, ST did his very best to seek justice for the victim, JBR. You will never convince me he was bent on anything else but justice for JBR.

imho

I read Steve's book when it first came out. I always thought he was more interested in putting the info out there because of the mismanagement he saw around him, than trying to convince the public of the Ramsey's guilt.

Brave person. I wouldn't want some rich family coming after me. He probably knew that would happen when he wrote it.

justice2 said:
I read Steve's book when it first came out. I always thought he was more interested in putting the info out there because of the mismanagement he saw around him, than trying to convince the public of the Ramsey's guilt.

Brave person. I wouldn't want some rich family coming after me. He probably knew that would happen when he wrote it.
I totally agree with both points.

sandraladeda said:
Whoops! Looks like I already got you started....

The bit about the haircut, I guess he didn't consider it important enough to include in his book. He also made it clear many wild goose chases he went on to track down dubious suspects. It sure didn't appear that he accepted the "I was sleeping" defense without significant investigation and corroboration.

As a "supermoderator", I guess I will bow to your greater handle on this case. However, I do stand by my comment that I hope people will not judge him harshly, should JMK turn out to be the killer (right now I'm thinking no...) as, imho, ST did his very best to seek justice for the victim, JBR. You will never convince me he was bent on anything else but justice for JBR.

imho

The bit about the haircut came straight from his book. Frankly, I don't believe this guy they have now even did it. But, this is a Steve Thomas thread and I thought I would just say how I felt about him. Being a super moderator has nothing to do with anything. We are allowed to state our opinion as long as we also abide by the TOS. I have just always felt he zero'd in on Patsy and that was that.

BeeBee said:
I have just always felt he zero'd in on Patsy and that was that.
There was very good reason to zero in on Patsy - that's where the evidence led. Some very well-renowned experts backed up Steve Thomas's theory. BPD spent hundreds of hours tracking down leads and interviewing people - it wasn't like they decided Patsy was the one and refused to investigate anyone else.

BeeBee said:
The bit about the haircut came straight from his book. Frankly, I don't believe this guy they have now even did it. But, this is a Steve Thomas thread and I thought I would just say how I felt about him. Being a super moderator has nothing to do with anything. We are allowed to state our opinion as long as we also abide by the TOS. I have just always felt he zero'd in on Patsy and that was that.
I agree.I think it was his and other of the BPD 's quick conclusion about Patsy that set this investigation on a 10 year course of disaster.In the end I think we will find that this rush to judgement caused years of unnecessary sorrow for the Ramseys and injustice for JB.

Nuisanceposter said:
There was very good reason to zero in on Patsy - that's where the evidence led. Some very well-renowned experts backed up Steve Thomas's theory. BPD spent hundreds of hours tracking down leads and interviewing people - it wasn't like they decided Patsy was the one and refused to investigate anyone else.
Yeah but that's what the intruder theorists like to believe, that they didn't look at anyone besides the Ram's.
( not meaning you Bee Bee, just intruder theorists in general )
Of course they did, and all leads came to nothing or it led them straight back to the Ram's.

JBean said:
she didn't quote anyone, seems she was just responding to the thread topic.

I never said that she quoted anyone unless I completely forgot and you can supply the post.

RR

sandraladeda said:
Thanks for the recent ST comments and the link, RR.

Believe it or not....it was my pleasure to help you out! Glas I could be of service!

RR

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back