Innocent woman vindicated of embezzling

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5300057

A year ago, Lisa Hansen finished her shift as a receptionist at Panapolous Salons and made the nightly money-drop at the Huntington Bank branch on Breton SE.
But when the money didn't show up in their account, Hansen was charged with - and found guilty of - embezzlement.

Now, the money has been found, right where she told authorities to look from the very beginning.

Hansen, 25, was fired by Panopolous, the first in an ongoing saga of her versus the world.

She gave her statement to the police, always maintaining her innocence. She even took a polygraph test. "I was amazed that I didn't pass. Completely amazed," she told 24 Hour News 8.

"They had asked me to pay back the full amount, which was $81 in cash and around $350 in checks," Hansen said, "and I had refused because I knew that I had dropped it off at the bank."

She was arrested, tossed in jail and found guilty. The charge was dropped and she was ordered to perform 40 hours of community service, which she did. But her name was not cleared and she hid the events from her friends and family.

But on August 9, a bank worker found the money stuck inside the night depository. "They told me it was stuck in the chute," said Hansen.

more at link

From the article:

In a statement on behalf of Huntington Bank in West Michigan, Michael Lindley said, "In the course of learning all the facts regarding this matter with Lisa Hansen and the lost depost, we have moved quickly to do what is right. We certainly regret that the problem regarding the night deposit has caused Ms. Hansen to experience the events of this past year. We received her attorney's letter this afternoon and are attempting to contact him."

Don't worry, I'm sure he will get a hold of you.

I am very happy for her:)

That sucks that people can't take others for their word these days. Why would someone jeopardize their job for $81 and $350 in checks?

She should get an "I'm sorry" too from the place she worked at.

Yes, she should get some kind of compensation from the business that accused her. poor woman. Gee, it was not even a lot of money. I cannot believe they were so stupid. Surely, they would have quizzed the bank. This is not fair to that lady who has lost her job and more importantly, had her name dragged thru the poop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back