118000 Would this strap up evenly?

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
Does anyone know how
$20.00 and !00.00 bills are strapped at the bank?
Would they be strapped to come out to an even amount or would there be loose bills to come up to the amount of 118,000.00.

I know that 20's are made into bundles totalling $500 in a bar, so I would think it would be the same.

Interetingly , yesterday I learned that $118,000 was not the exact amount of his bonus.

Scandi

Beyond Belief said:
Does anyone know how
$20.00 and !00.00 bills are strapped at the bank?
Would they be strapped to come out to an even amount or would there be loose bills to come up to the amount of 118,000.00.
I don't know, but I'd unstrap it all and roll around in it!

scandi said:
I know that 20's are made into bundles totalling $500 in a bar, so I would think it would be the same.

Interetingly , yesterday I learned that $118,000 was not the exact amount of his bonus.

Scandi

Whoa...where'd you learn that? And how much was the actual amount?

It was something like 118,2xx.

Does anyone think this guy isn't weird enough to ask for an oddball amount without knowing about JR's bonus?

Good one Southcitymom! In fact I :blowkiss: 'd it. LOL

It was this morning and I think on MSNBC as I almost always have that on. If not that it could have been on Scarborough Country last night. It was stated by a TH who said it was close to the exact but not exactly. The other guy there agreed with him about it.

Hopefully someone else heard it. If I had known it was something not widely known I would have jotted it down. Sorry sweetie.

Scandi

scandi said:

Scandi
About the bonus amount not being $118,000--I hadn't heard that, but if that is indeed true then it is just one example of how the public doesn't have all of information on this case and that there is, indeed, facts that have been kept "under wraps" about this by LE (as it should be).

I guess my point is this: If this fact has been reported wrong or kept out of the public, then certainly one can surmise that more facts directly related to the condition of the body/autopsy results/items found with the body could also be unknown by the general public, or even internet sleuthers who have followed this religiously over the last decade.

I mean, everyone (myself included) has gone with the bonus amount being 118,000 as gospel ever since this happened.

It was 118 and some change like...118,179.50

I also heard Kimberly Guilfoil on Fox's Lineup say tonight that she talked to the coroner who said nothing was held out from the autopsy and it was written exactly as he saw her. Every mark on her body being noted.

If there was anything withheld it must have been something circumstantial that wouldn't be in an autopsy report.

There might be something said in that report though between the lines and not out and out, laid out for the reader, just to cover their office if they determined it was needed.

Scandi

julianne said:
About the bonus amount not being $118,000--I hadn't heard that, but if that is indeed true then it is just one example of how the public doesn't have all of information on this case and that there is, indeed, facts that have been kept "under wraps" about this by LE (as it should be).

I guess my point is this: If this fact has been reported wrong or kept out of the public, then certainly one can surmise that more facts directly related to the condition of the body/autopsy results/items found with the body could also be unknown by the general public, or even internet sleuthers who have followed this religiously over the last decade.

I mean, everyone (myself included) has gone with the bonus amount being 118,000 as gospel ever since this happened.
I recall from my days covering the cop shop/crime beat that an autopsy is a public document and can not be redacted or false. It can however be held from the public (for a period of time) with a court order if LE wants it not to be released to the public while an investigation is on going.
I too thought the bonus was reported early on as being $118,000.

Trip DeMuth smiled and said the 118,000 was not the amount of the bonus. He said it on one of the MSNBC shows. Since he was on all of them yesterday, it's hard to remember which one.

$100s come from the feds in $10,000 straps. The bank then breaks them down to $1000 straps.

$20s come to the bank in $10,000 straps, then are broke down to $2000 straps.

So, yes $118,000 would strap up evenly if all banks do it the same way, which I am pretty sure they do. I have worked for three different banks and they all bundled the money the same way.

julianne said:

John Ramseys bonus amount was $118,117.50. This well known fact is in virtually every single book written about this case and has been known by most people who have ever done just a little research or read a book. Perfect Murder Perfect Town came out in 1997 or 1998 and this fact is in that book so it has been known since then if not before. All the info is out there for the asking, one just needs to look for it. Want to hear something more interesting than that, IMO? From Steve Thomas' book, "A handwritten ledger reflected his increasing wealth over the years. Later I would find records showing that as of May 1, 1996, Ramsey had assets of $7,348,628, and a total net worth of $6,230,628. Total liabilites were an even 1,118,000, and the similarity of that figure to the ransom demand of $118,000 jumped out at me."

Its a very immature writer of the note. Sounds like words taken from tv.

Have they decided where the expression "don't try to grow a brain" came from?
I remember whenthat was popular expression, but don't know where it originated from.

Linda7NJ said:
It was 118 and some change like...118,179.50
Interestingly the note writer is actually specific about cents the note says 118,000.00

Beyond Belief said:
Have they decided where the expression "don't try to grow a brain" came from?

I don't know where it came from, but in Speed (1994), the "bad guy" warns "Do not attempt to grow a brain!" (Verified on IMDB.)

Taed said:
I don't know where it came from, but in Speed (1994), the "bad guy" warns "Do not attempt to grow a brain!" (Verified on IMDB.)
I thought there were several movie quotes in the note, yes?

JBean said:
I thought there were several movie quotes in the note, yes?
Yes, there were JBean, I saw that discussed on Dateline last night, and it was pointed out that the Ramseys were not movie-goers, so they wouldn't have been familiar with the movie catch lines in the ransom note, and especially from those types of movie.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back