833 users online (127 members and 706 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    170

    Anyone remember whose idea it was to invite all the friends over when JBR was found?

    I read all the books on this case years ago but in light of these recent events, I find myself wondering whose idea it was to have the friends running all over that house that morning. Because I would think that a culprit would be wanting to put some padding between themselves and an unknowing spouse. Easier to avoid intimacy, eye contact etc.

    JMO

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    It was Patsys idea.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    It was Patsys idea.
    Thanks narlacat. I thought so but was unsure. I think that it was a very strange idea. Had I been in those circumstances, I would have felt far too broken up to deal with anybody, not to speak of the fact that I would have worried that a kidnapper watching the house would not have been happy to see all those people show up.

    Over the years, I have also wondered whether the brother had not been the one to swing a baseball bat (or something similar) at the sister's head, again out of anger but with no desire to kill, and then the parents together agreed to cover the whole thing up to protect him. I believe that to be a possibility too. Anyone know details that would eliminate that possibility? I seem to remember however that he was later embarrassed to sit with the parents when eating out - so if that was the case, he would have been extremely ungrateful or not very bright.

    JMO

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    579
    If an intruder wrote the RN the R's sure had a deathwish.
    No indication to LE or friends to be aware of the danger of being spotted causing JB to be 'beheaded'.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyatt
    Thanks narlacat. I thought so but was unsure. I think that it was a very strange idea. Had I been in those circumstances, I would have felt far too broken up to deal with anybody, not to speak of the fact that I would have worried that a kidnapper watching the house would not have been happy to see all those people show up.

    Over the years, I have also wondered whether the brother had not been the one to swing a baseball bat (or something similar) at the sister's head, again out of anger but with no desire to kill, and then the parents together agreed to cover the whole thing up to protect him. I believe that to be a possibility too. Anyone know details that would eliminate that possibility? I seem to remember however that he was later embarrassed to sit with the parents when eating out - so if that was the case, he would have been extremely ungrateful or not very bright.

    JMO
    Why not the flashlight Hyatt? Many things point to the flashlight being the object causing the injury.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by tumble
    If an intruder wrote the RN the R's sure had a deathwish.
    No indication to LE or friends to be aware of the danger of being spotted causing JB to be 'beheaded'.
    I completely agree with you. Geez, you said that in a couple sentences, I've been trying to say the same thing in post after post after post.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by tumble
    If an intruder wrote the RN the R's sure had a deathwish.
    No indication to LE or friends to be aware of the danger of being spotted causing JB to be 'beheaded'.
    Yes, I always found it weird that the RN writer didn't stop at "killed" but in fact went straight to one of the most precise and lurid forms of death. Man, I had forgotten just how totally bizarre even the most minute details of this case are. I think there was derangement in that environment. I also remember feeling ill at ease when Patsy kept on saying to Steve Thomas on LKL "Okay, tell me how I did it. Tell me how you think I killed my daughter." I found that very creepy.

    JMO

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyatt
    I read all the books on this case years ago but in light of these recent events, I find myself wondering whose idea it was to have the friends running all over that house that morning. Because I would think that a culprit would be wanting to put some padding between themselves and an unknowing spouse. Easier to avoid intimacy, eye contact etc.

    JMO
    That is the #1 reason i am RDI, no way in hell would i jeapodize my daughters life by inviting some friends over for 'comfort' god no. As some posters have theorised perhaps Patsy called over her friends and pastor because she needed an audience for this elaborate farce she was enacting. Most people i speak to about the case automatically say 'well i just cant see a parent doing that to thier child', as soon as i mention the above they get confused and start to wonder...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by tumble
    Why not the flashlight Hyatt? Many things point to the flashlight being the object causing the injury.
    I guess that I find it hard to believe that any flashlight could cause what someone recently described as "foot long" skull injury. Maybe I've just used fairly light flashlights. I would have thought that it would have taken something heavier but I am no expert on flashlights.

    Another detail I recall was telling myself that whoever did the staging must have been up all night and in dire need of sleep and I remember (from their own book? JR's narration?) that it was Patsy that spent much of the following days sleeping. The other thing that I recall from their book was the feeling that Patsy appeared resentful that JB had not appreciated the life-size replica doll of herself... another weird idea.

    JMO

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyatt
    I guess that I find it hard to believe that any flashlight could cause what someone recently described as "foot long" skull injury. Maybe I've just used fairly light flashlights. I would have thought that it would have taken something heavier but I am no expert on flashlights.

    Another detail I recall was telling myself that whoever did the staging must have been up all night and in dire need of sleep and I remember (from their own book? JR's narration?) that it was Patsy that spent much of the following days sleeping. The other thing that I recall from their book was the feeling that Patsy appeared resentful that JB had not appreciated the life-size replica doll of herself... another weird idea.

    JMO
    That maglite was build like a tank. And the head of the flashlight matched the indented part of the skull. The whole fracture was quite long but childrens skulls crack quite easily.

    Patsy that spent much of the following days sleeping

    Good obseration.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie
    That is the #1 reason i am RDI, no way in hell would i jeapodize my daughters life by inviting some friends over for 'comfort' god no. As some posters have theorised perhaps Patsy called over her friends and pastor because she needed an audience for this elaborate farce she was enacting. Most people i speak to about the case automatically say 'well i just cant see a parent doing that to thier child', as soon as i mention the above they get confused and start to wonder...
    I think that bringing a bunch of people in diffuses attention at all levels, creates commotion and screens between oneself and the LE people. I think that is also why there was this instinct to bring them over. But clearly, there was NOT the instinct which many (most?) true ransom victims would have, which is of the danger to the child in doing so.

    That's the problem with this case. Virtually every detail of it points to parental culpability ... even these smaller issues.

    JMO

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by tumble
    That maglite was build like a tank. And the head of the flashlight matched the indented part of the skull. The whole fracture was quite long but childrens skulls crack quite easily.

    Patsy that spent much of the following days sleeping

    Good obseration.
    Well, what you say makes sense BUT don't you think that the flashlight would point to a male? or someone sneaking around and therefore linked more to a sexual motive? I mean, why would Patsy be running around with a flashlight? Unless it was just sitting there and used because it was the closest object.

    JMO

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyatt
    Well, what you say makes sense BUT don't you think that the flashlight would point to a male? or someone sneaking around and therefore linked more to a sexual motive? I mean, why would Patsy be running around with a flashlight? Unless it was just sitting there and used because it was the closest object.

    JMO
    Why would someone run around with a baseballbat? She was struck with something, could just have been lying around as you said, or there could have been use for the flashlight during the evening hours.

    Also the R's attemps to distance themselves from the flashlight is very suspicious to me. Seems like the flashlight was a 'hot' subject for them.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,986

    The Flashlight and PR Sleeping All Day...

    One of my two sons has always kept a flashlight in his room as a 'security blanket' of sorts... He still keeps it right beside his bed. He is 20 now... As a matter of fact... my husband keeps one in the top drawer of the nightstand on his side of the bed too...

    The biggest, single 'fact' that concerns me is that there were no fingerprints on the flashlight... (Do I remember that correctly? There were no fingerprints on it right??? And it was confirmed to belong to the R's???) If it was theirs and had no prints on it, why would an intruder, who was obviously wearing gloves wipe it clean? (To remove DNA (sweat, blood, hair, etc...) that was his/hers? ) That seems pretty thourough for an intruder who didn't even bring along a prewritten RN...but chose to write one w/ paper and pen from inside the home. Writing the 1st draft and final copy of the note took a lot of valuable time... It seems to me that whomever wrote the note was very Narcissistic or had no fear of getting caught in the act...

    Could someone answer a question for me? Our home is about the same square footage as the R's boulder home... An intruder could conceivably enter and hide and go undetected for a very long period of time if we did not use a night motion detected security alarm system and one used when we are away from home... Did the R's not use a security alarm system??? I don't remember this ever being mentioned. Was it?

    As for PR sleeping most of the next day... I wouldn't for a minute assume what anyone else would do if a tragedy such as this happend to their child in their own home, but I'm pretty sure that if it happened to me, I would be so hysterical that someone would have to feed me Xanax by the handful, definately enough to knock me out for the next 24 hours...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by tumble
    That maglite was build like a tank. And the head of the flashlight matched the indented part of the skull. The whole fracture was quite long but childrens skulls crack quite easily.

    Patsy that spent much of the following days sleeping

    Good obseration.
    Because she was drugged.....it makes you sleepy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. FL - The second life of Larry Swartz: Friends remember murderer
    By marylandmissing in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-26-2013, 07:01 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 03:17 PM