994 users online (162 members and 832 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,332

    NJ - Jennifer Moore, 18, raped & murdered, Weekawken, 25 July 2006

    The videos are as damning as they are chilling, authorities say -- a multi-camera chronicle of Jennifer Moore's final hours in a Weehawken flophouse and of her alleged killer's daylong attempt to get away with murder.

    One of the cameras captures Moore and Draymond Coleman arriving at the hotel around dawn on July 25, authorities say. Another, positioned in an upstairs hallway, shows the improbable pair entering Room 37, one of the old hotel's dingy quarters.

    Moments later, the Harrington Park teen leaves the room, walks downstairs and tries to place a call on her cellphone that, for some reason, won't go through. In hindsight, it might have been Moore's last chance to save herself at the Park Avenue Hotel.

    But the opportunity slipped away when Coleman and his hooker girlfriend lured Moore back upstairs, authorities say.

    More at link

    http://snipurl.com/v7mq
    Carolyn Pruyser missing since May 17,1984 please read her about her case Here

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,107
    Amazing. It is so sad that a kid who made a few mistakes that night ends up raped, beaten and murdered. What's even sadder to me is that another woman would sit by and watch it all happen.

    Why wouldn't this woman try to intervene? No, instead, she helps him lure the girl back to the room, watches him commit the crime and then helps him clean up afterwards.

    People are sick! I'm just glad there were cameras around to capture the perps in action.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    Amazing. It is so sad that a kid who made a few mistakes that night ends up raped, beaten and murdered. What's even sadder to me is that another woman would sit by and watch it all happen.

    Why wouldn't this woman try to intervene? No, instead, she helps him lure the girl back to the room, watches him commit the crime and then helps him clean up afterwards.

    People are sick! I'm just glad there were cameras around to capture the perps in action.
    I could not open the link to this story, What happened? I get ths jist of it but I have not heard of this case before, poor girl being murdered and being taped! How sick!!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,107
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    I could not open the link to this story, What happened? I get ths jist of it but I have not heard of this case before, poor girl being murdered and being taped! How sick!!!!!
    Basically, the girl was out on the town with a couple of her friends; and her car got towed. She and her friend went to the impound lot to try and get the car. They wouldn't release it because they thought the girls were too intoxicated. The victim's friend passed out at the lot (I think). The victim ended up walking away from the impound lot and got lost. She called her bf to let him know that she was lost. Somehow, Coleman (?), the murderer persuaded this young gal to get into a cab with him. I guess that they went to the motel, which had cameras.

    The girl was seen leaving the motel room, going to the lobby and trying to make a call. It didn't go through. Coleman and his hooker gf were caught on camera persuading the girl to come back to the room, which was caught on camera.

    She was then raped and strangled. Cameras caught the duo leaving and returning to the room with cleaning supplies and carrying out a large duffle bag (with the girl's body).

    The hooker gf told the police where to find the body.

    That's the gist of the story as I recall reading it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    Basically, the girl was out on the town with a couple of her friends; and her car got towed. She and her friend went to the impound lot to try and get the car. They wouldn't release it because they thought the girls were too intoxicated. The victim's friend passed out at the lot (I think). The victim ended up walking away from the impound lot and got lost. She called her bf to let him know that she was lost. Somehow, Coleman (?), the murderer persuaded this young gal to get into a cab with him. I guess that they went to the motel, which had cameras.

    The girl was seen leaving the motel room, going to the lobby and trying to make a call. It didn't go through. Coleman and his hooker gf were caught on camera persuading the girl to come back to the room, which was caught on camera.

    She was then raped and strangled. Cameras caught the duo leaving and returning to the room with cleaning supplies and carrying out a large duffle bag (with the girl's body).

    The hooker gf told the police where to find the body.

    That's the gist of the story as I recall reading it.
    That is so sad and sick! Poor girl....Whole life ahead of her, so tragic.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,842
    This story breaks my heart. Young girls who had no business being in a bar get drunk at an NYC club. The friend started throwing up and passed out, so the impound lot called the cops. Jennifer got scared they would get in trouble for underage drinking and wandered off alone in the wee hours of the morning. That is such a horrible area to be lost in. 12th Avenue is so dark and desolate, especially at that time of night. There are no bodegas or anything open. Just blocks of darkness on one side, the highway, and then the river on the other side. By walking out that door and wandering off, she didn't have much of a chance.

    Apparently the friend who was sick (who now claims that older men gave them drinks and that she and Jennifer must have been slipped something), told the police her friend had gone off alone. She claimed the police didn't believe her because she was drunk and that they might have gotten to Jennifer in time.

    The cops are finally realizing that the city has a huge problem with the clubs and underage drinking. That whole area around 27th Street is insane. I don't even enjoy going out in that area much anymore. And if I do, I leave well before closing when the sidewalks are full of drunk people, some passed out, and puddles of urine and vomit. Since Jennifer's murder, the cops have tried to crack down and have more of a presence there. Let's hope it helps.

  7. #7
    daayuuum, & Coleman talked her into the cab...omg!
    ..reminds me of ....Carly Brucia (sp)..how he just walked up & led her away...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterj
    This story breaks my heart. Young girls who had no business being in a bar get drunk at an NYC club. The friend started throwing up and passed out, so the impound lot called the cops. Jennifer got scared they would get in trouble for underage drinking and wandered off alone in the wee hours of the morning. That is such a horrible area to be lost in. 12th Avenue is so dark and desolate, especially at that time of night. There are no bodegas or anything open. Just blocks of darkness on one side, the highway, and then the river on the other side. By walking out that door and wandering off, she didn't have much of a chance.

    Apparently the friend who was sick (who now claims that older men gave them drinks and that she and Jennifer must have been slipped something), told the police her friend had gone off alone. She claimed the police didn't believe her because she was drunk and that they might have gotten to Jennifer in time.

    The cops are finally realizing that the city has a huge problem with the clubs and underage drinking. That whole area around 27th Street is insane. I don't even enjoy going out in that area much anymore. And if I do, I leave well before closing when the sidewalks are full of drunk people, some passed out, and puddles of urine and vomit. Since Jennifer's murder, the cops have tried to crack down and have more of a presence there. Let's hope it helps.
    NO young person...well, ANY person should ever walk alone in areas that are dark, with alleys, bars, folks laying in there own 'fluids', etc...i wouldn't walk around the sidestreets of downtown Nashville, by myself...well, i would where all the lights & people are, but all the sidestreets, late at night...NO WAY; & what you're describing MJ, sounds a lot worse than here at home....am i right that this happened in Harlem?

    i went on a tour of NYC in 94....i saw Billie Holiday's place...i thought that was cool...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    This story is terrible, It is a miracle that as a teenager and young adult nothing happened to me. I did not use much wisdom and we would be underage and drink and walk all over. It makes me shudder.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    This story is terrible, It is a miracle that as a teenager and young adult nothing happened to me. I did not use much wisdom and we would be underage and drink and walk all over. It makes me shudder.
    i know what you mean, lol..."WE" is the keyword...when i was 18 (1976) it was legal drinking age, although i wasn't hangin at bars at the time, a few of us would get together every now & then, but we always stayed together no matter where we went...it was just a 'rule'.....

    (sighs) that was many moons ago though, lol....but you're right, anything could have happened, i guess...


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by close_enough
    i know what you mean, lol..."WE" is the keyword...when i was 18 (1976) it was legal drinking age, although i wasn't hangin at bars at the time, a few of us would get together every now & then, but we always stayed together no matter where we went...it was just a 'rule'.....

    (sighs) that was many moons ago though, lol....but you're right, anything could have happened, i guess...
    Well when I was 18 "we" lol, were not allowed to drink. I am 31 now so only have been able to legally for 10 years. I always found a way to get beer or whatever and we would drink and walk around the neighborhood to boys houses. Oh man its a wonder we were safe. I remember even having guys stop and ask me or my friends if we wanted rides but I was ALWAYS careful when it came to that, Never did I get in a car with a stranger. I guess it was all those Ann Rule and true crime books I read as a teen. Thank God for that. Although I did have a guy one time stop and "Expose" himself to me, I ran so fast. Never have I been so scared. That kind of stuff happened alot as a teen. I guess I need to Thank God I am here.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by close_enough
    NO young person...well, ANY person should ever walk alone in areas that are dark, with alleys, bars, folks laying in there own 'fluids', etc...i wouldn't walk around the sidestreets of downtown Nashville, by myself...well, i would where all the lights & people are, but all the sidestreets, late at night...NO WAY; & what you're describing MJ, sounds a lot worse than here at home....am i right that this happened in Harlem?

    i went on a tour of NYC in 94....i saw Billie Holiday's place...i thought that was cool...
    The impound lot is located off the West Side Highway (which runs along side the Hudson river with New Jersey on the other side) in the high 30's I believe. The lot itself is dark with some strange characters. So this actually happened in mid-town west, far from Harlem. Once she got in the cab, he took her to Weehauken which is in NJ, across the Hudson River.

    I feel so badly for her boyfriend, whom she called to say that a creepy man was following her and offering her drugs. Both Jennifer and the boyfriend should have called the police at that point.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    117
    http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/weeh...970.xml&coll=3

    The hooker charged with her pimp boyfriend in the Weehawken sexual assault and murder of a Bergen County teen turned down a plea deal yesterday and will head to trial.

    Krystal Riordan, 24, of New York, could have been out of prison in 10 years if she had pleaded guilty to the aggravated manslaughter and kidnapping of Jennifer Moore, 18, whose body was stuffed in a suitcase and dumped in a West New York garbage container nearly four years ago
    Welcome to the world Bridget!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21,439
    From July 2010:

    http://www.northjersey.com/news/woma...54308?page=all

    A former prostitute, Krystal Riordan, was sentenced to up to 30 years in prison for her part in the kidnapping, rape, and murder of Jennifer Moore, a Harrington Park teenager, in the summer of 2006...

    Riordan, 24, pleaded guilty in May to aiding Draymond Coleman in the rape and strangling of Jennifer Moore in a hotel room in Weehawken.

    Coleman, 38, earlier pleaded guilty to charges including murder and kidnapping and is serving a 50-year sentence.



Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY NC - Cynthia Moreland, 48, raped & murdered, Raleigh, 22 Aug 2006
    By dark_shadows in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-18-2015, 03:23 PM
  2. GUILTY FL - Heather Romance, 2, raped & murdered, Lutz, 16 Aug 2006
    By SewingDeb in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-18-2015, 01:44 PM
  3. GUILTY NJ - A'brianna Thomas, 3, raped & murdered, Millville, 11 July 2006
    By opme in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-16-2015, 05:55 PM
  4. GUILTY LA - Sandra Adams, 51, raped & murdered, Metairie, 22 May 2006
    By Beyond Belief in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2015, 10:03 AM
  5. VA - Michelle Moore-Bosko, 18, raped & murdered, Norfolk, 8 July 1997
    By mysteriew in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-22-2013, 02:44 AM

Tags for this Thread