831 users online (198 members and 633 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oil Painting of Jonbenet

Hello Everyone,
    An Oil Painting of Jonbenet. Take a look:
    http://www.bonnieboutique.com/Mercha...roduct_Code=JB

Ewwwww... why would someone do that? Who would buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    nd why would anyone want to pay $5,000.00 for it?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    I have no Idea.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    nd why would anyone want to pay $5,000.00 for it?
    A collector of paintings I suppose?

Why did the artist choose a pose from a pageant to immortalize JonBenet in oils? Why can't she just be allowed to be a little girl? I would have a lot more appreciation for this work if the artist had depicted her as a regular child from down the street and not as a child beauty pageant contestant dressed in an outfit more suitable for a Barbie doll.
    Where is Trenton Duckett?

I don't think it captures her angelic innocence at all, she looks awful and not like herself, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    I don't think it captures her angelic innocence at all, she looks awful and not like herself, IMO.
    I think it looks awful. Not a talented painter in my opinion. We'll probably see more of his/her work at a "starving artists sale" at the Holiday Inn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    Why did the artist choose a pose from a pageant to immortalize JonBenet in oils? Why can't she just be allowed to be a little girl? I would have a lot more appreciation for this work if the artist had depicted her as a regular child from down the street and not as a child beauty pageant contestant dressed in an outfit more suitable for a Barbie doll.
    My thoughts exactly, Nuisance. I don't like it either---the artist would probably have a much better chance of selling it if he had depicted her like she should've been.

JBR_Justice--I LOVE the photo of JonBenet in your siggy. No makeup, No fakeness....just a beautiful little girl smiling for the camera. Perfect.

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    Are there any pictures of JonBenet is play clothes, a pony or pigtails? I don't think I have ever saw a photo of her looking like a little girl. Did she ever get to wear Barbie shoes, clothes, etc. and the like? That's a picture I would like to see...just beautiful, 6 year old, little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by 2luvmy
    Are there any pictures of JonBenet is play clothes, a pony or pigtails? I don't think I have ever saw a photo of her looking like a little girl. Did she ever get to wear Barbie shoes, clothes, etc. and the like? That's a picture I would like to see...just beautiful, 6 year old, little girl.

I've seen some, but they are "family" type photos.--I remember one of her in pigtails, I think. There are some family portraits as well where she looks more like a "regular" little girl, like Christmas card-portraits.

You have to remember, the pageant portraits were expensive and something Patsy (and who knows about John, if he cared one way or the other) was proud of. So those would be the photos that were released to the press, etc.

The oil painting is just awful. What normal person would want that? It creeps me out to think of someone even thinking it would be a good thing to paint and then sell.

I vaguely remember thta long ago the was a theroy that the cord used to strangle JB looked like the trim in that painting/photo. Anyone else?

There was a theory that the cord that patsy used to *sling* her canvas's was the cord used to strangle JBR

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Face View Post
    I vaguely remember thta long ago the was a theroy that the cord used to strangle JB looked like the trim in that painting/photo. Anyone else?
    Several people noticed that.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast