13 Separate Similarities Convinces Handwriting Expert

Wudge said:
Lehew said. “A colleague of mine and I spoke together about the samples, and we found 13 separate similarities that are, in many cases, very unusual, and that makes it a match to me. It certainly indicates to me that John Karr did write the ransom note.”

http://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/homepage/local_story_231172845.html?keyword=leadpicturestory

From my untrained and amateur eye it sure looked like a match to me. I heard another expert say it was NOT even close and I just couldn't understand how he could say that. But this guy echos what I see. It is also very interesting to hear him say he has characteristics of a pedophile.

There are those that have already questioned his credentials.

Sorry, I'll wait to hear what a real expert says... like maybe Gideon Epstein.

Wudge said:
No one will get a free pass. It is not an exact science.
Oh I agree 100%. I posted this elsewhere in the forum and his credentials were questioned right off. But I guess that is the name of the game when playing dueling experts.

I find some similarities but think Patsy's writing had more.

BTW I am on the fence of whether this was intruder or parent.

There may be 10 handwriting experts who say Patsy wrote it, but had they seen JMK's handwriting compared to it at that time? I wonder what they'd say NOW?

librazone said:
Wudge said:
Lehew said. “A colleague of mine and I spoke together about the samples, and we found 13 separate similarities that are, in many cases, very unusual, and that makes it a match to me. It certainly indicates to me that John Karr did write the ransom note.”

http://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/homepage/local_story_231172845.html?keyword=leadpicturestory[/QUOTE]

But there are ten handwriting experts who say Patsy Ramsey wrote the ransom note.

Patsy's handwriting could not be excluded. Moreover, she can never be tried.

Inculpatory evidence against Karr or exculpatory evidence for Karr is all that matters now.

No doubt many self styled experts will come out of the woodwork and find there are similarities between Karr's hand-writing and the ransom note, but they will never be able to conclusively say that his is a perfect match because IMO Karr didn't write the note, Patsy did. There have already been a host of the most highly qualified experts who have given their opinions and the best of them are pretty much agreed on this.

JBean said:
Oh I agree 100%. I posted this elsewhere in the forum and his credentials were questioned right off. But I guess that is the name of the game when playing dueling experts.

When handwriting experts are on the witness stand, attorneys like to show the jury huge enlargements of the base document and comparative exemplars. Characteristic by characteristic, they highlight the similarities the expert deems inclusionary, and as the number of clear similarities grows, so to does the jurors confidence in the experts conclusion.

If matches can be shown in a number very unique areas, that will defintely ease juror buy in.

The enlarged visuals make handwriting comparisons easy to understand. If a truly objective expert is on the stand, they are often very well received by the jurors.

Does anyone have the copies of Patsy's handwriting samples compared to the ransom note link?

IMO it's not a science I would put much stock in. I rank it right up there with psychics

ONLY 13??? I just finished looking at the analysis between the note and PR's handwriting samples, and JUST counting the dead-on matches of each letter and the various ways she wrote each letter there are 62!!! This doesn't count all the letter combinations, use of a specific capital letter where a lower case letter should be used, etc.... JUST matches of individual letters. And those individual letters are a slam dunk. There is no possible way that any non-deluded person could possibly imagine that Patsy was not the author of the ransom note after looking at this ONE expert analysis.

Look at it yourself, especially Exhibit "C"...
http://www.acandyrose.com/02182003dh911motion.pdf

I was wondering - I've seen two versions of the Patsy match - in the news, I see that the main expert said "not incompatible" - not that they said it was a match. But on the forum, I've heard several people quote that 10 experts said it was a match - can someone explain this to me? If the 10 are merely saying "not incompatible" - to me, that leaves it open for it to be a bunch of other people. If they are saying "match" - that's an interesting difference - especially if it is ever proven that Karr or someone else did write the note...

PagingDrDetect said:
ONLY 13??? I just finished looking at the analysis between the note and PR's handwriting samples, and JUST counting the dead-on matches of each letter and the various ways she wrote each letter there are 62!!! This doesn't count all the letter combinations, use of a specific capital letter where a lower case letter should be used, etc.... JUST matches of individual letters. And those individual letters are a slam dunk. There is no possible way that any non-deluded person could possibly imagine that Patsy was not the author of the ransom note after looking at this ONE expert analysis.

Wow, thanks for this link. That really is compelling!

PagingDrDetect said:

Patsy handwriting could not be excluded, but the findings came close to excluding her. Nothwithstanding that truth, Patsy has nothing to be concerned about.

PagingDrDetect said:

Well, that was rather convincing! I've changed my mind! :clap: Thanks for the link!

PagingDrDetect said:

The sample handwriting analysis you cited is so close its almost a cigar.
I've never seen this before. Was Patsy asked to write a copy of the ransom note? Or given seperate words to copy?
Many similarities. The ransom note was written with a thicker pen than the one Patsy used, too bad they did write the examples with a thicker pen.
The similarity of the commas are eeire.

I hope we can get a similar anaylsis with JMK's writing from the ransom note.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back