What Happened to the Stun Gun?

Nuisanceposter

Remembering Little Miss Christmas
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that talk of the use of a stun gun on JonBenet has just dropped away with this questionable confession from Karr? Has anyone ever heard him say anything about having or using a stun gun? What ever happened to the die hard insistance that a stun gun was used in this murder? Where's Lou Smit, and all of the other Ramsey supporters whose contention the Rs had nothing to do with this was based in part on the fact that they believed a stun gun had been used?

True! JonBenet had stun gun marks on her back, I just saw that on TV the other night, it showed them from the autopsy photos. I guess this guy could have had a stun gun, if it's him.

There was never any stun gun involved

Linda7NJ said:
There was never any stun gun involved

Then what made those marks on her back that the ME said came from a stun gun? They were dime-size and looked like large, round cigarette burns.

englishleigh said:
Then what made those marks on her back that the ME said came from a stun gun? They were dime-size and looked like large, round cigarette burns.
They weren't burns they were signs of decay. Blood begins to pool

Okay, then, what happened to the THEORY of the stun gun? What is the THEORY of the marks?

Trino said:
Okay, then, what happened to the THEORY of the stun gun? What is the THEORY of the marks?
Just do a topic search here...you'll find it's been discussed to death

I just find it strange that so many people were SO adamant about the stun gun previous to Karr's confession, and now they've stopped talking about it because they really want Karr to be the killer but he's never said one word about the stun gun and if he was using one.

We all want to find the killer, whoever it was, but the stun gun discrepancy has me baffled. I thought Lacy et al bought into Smit's intruder theory, complete with stun gun-wielding, and I find it odd that there is no longer any mention of the stun gun from the RST.

i just saw on dateline where they said its not stun gun marks but buttons or snaps from her clothing that made the marks. who knows?

englishleigh said:

englishleigh,

Because of all of the lies and the obvious Ramsey coverup, I believe a Ramsey is involved in this crime, but I also believe a stun gun was used on JonBenet.

IMO there was a fifth (and maybe a sixth) person in the house that night, but he wasn't an intruder -- he had been let into the house by a Ramsey.

When that fifth person left the house he carried away the stun gun and the other items that are missing from the crime scene (the roll of black duct tape, the rest of the nylon cord, the nine missing pages from the notepad, the tip of the paintbrush handle, the missing wipe-down cloth, etc.).

BlueCrab

Nuisanceposter said:
I just find it strange that so many people were SO adamant about the stun gun previous to Karr's confession, and now they've stopped talking about it because they really want Karr to be the killer but he's never said one word about the stun gun and if he was using one.

We all want to find the killer, whoever it was, but the stun gun discrepancy has me baffled. I thought Lacy et al bought into Smit's intruder theory, complete with stun gun-wielding, and I find it odd that there is no longer any mention of the stun gun from the RST.
I have not seen Karr's confession yet, so I do not know what he has revealed. I have my own doubts about a stun gun, but I don't think we know what Karr has confessed yet? if we do, I missed it and a link would be great. Thanks.

Do any of you remember way back.... that the marks could have come from that loom kit, that you weave together to make potholders? Thought was that she was hit with it and the prongs made those marks. It was in her bedroom. I never thought a stungun was used.

Nuisanceposter said:

We don't know WHAT he said yet. The only thing we know for sure that he said is that he was with her the night she died, her death was an accident, and that he loved her. That's all we know for sure.

Misty said there was no stun gun used and the marks were made by the paint brush handle.

Scandi

and they say a stungun was involved.
Apparently the general train of thought is moving to the point where it is believed Karr has knowledge but didn't kill Jon Benet himself. Who told him the details of the case that were kept out of the media presumably will lead to the real killer.

"JonBenet had stun gun marks on her back, I just saw that on TV the other night, it showed them from the autopsy photos."

They weren't stun gun marks, englishleigh. Various pathologists have said it's not a stun gun.

"Then what made those marks on her back that the ME said came from a stun gun? They were dime-size and looked like large, round cigarette burns."

The ME said they were ABRASIONS, not burns. Abrasions as in scratches or jabs. Smit decided they were stun gun marks and shopped experts untill he found one who said they were, AFTER he'd already said they weren't.

"There was never any stun gun involved"

I have to agree. I own one of these. Even used it on myself. The marks were red and raised. These were neither.

packerdog said:
Do any of you remember way back.... that the marks could have come from that loom kit, that you weave together to make potholders? Thought was that she was hit with it and the prongs made those marks. It was in her bedroom. I never thought a stungun was used.

I remember a poster (possibly Ruthie) wrote extensively on the potholder theory. I also don't think there was a stun gun involved.

This is revolting to think about, but I did read on another forum, people discussing whether the marks could have been caused by an electric dog collar. The device is used to keep dogs inside an invisible electric fence, and apparently have two similarily spaced prongs depending on the size of the collar (sm, med, lg.)
I don't make the news, but the people discussing it were remarking that the cost of an electronic dog collar (controlled by a remote) is considerably less than a stun gun.
It sounds pretty darn sick to this cookie...but then what doesn't in this poor little girl's death?

On one of the many shows this past weekend one had a bit that even the stun gun manufacturer said those marks were not made by its product.

packerdog said:
Packerdog, I know JBR played with this kit on the 25th outside of her room but I have never understood what it was exactly. Do you have a link or a picture to such an item?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SGS3030
Back