Doe Network & Charley Project....any other resources?

Lisahas2cats

Reaction score
Are there other reliable online databases of missing persons besides Doe and Charley? I've spent time searching both, trying to find any missing person who could be a possible match for an unidentified woman found in North Georgia in 1988, but have come up with nothing :(.

I know realistically that hundreds of people vanish who are never reported as missing, so the chances of ever finding a match for this woman are slim to none after nearly 20 years. But if there are other good databases out there to be searched, that gives that much more of a chance of finding out who she is.

Lisa

Lisahas2cats said:
Are there other reliable online databases of missing persons besides Doe and Charley? I've spent time searching both, trying to find any missing person who could be a possible match for an unidentified woman found in North Georgia in 1988, but have come up with nothing :(.

I know realistically that hundreds of people vanish who are never reported as missing, so the chances of ever finding a match for this woman are slim to none after nearly 20 years. But if there are other good databases out there to be searched, that gives that much more of a chance of finding out who she is.

Lisa
Hi Lisa,
I wish that there more. I have asked the same question with no luck.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Carl, good luck with your site! :). I have one question before I click your link, though....I'm almost phobicly frightened of accidentally stumbling across pictures of the deceased (yeah...I know...it's weird of me to come to WS with that fear...but if I can prepare myself first I can handle it just *okay*). Are the pictures of unidentified persons on the homepage, or further "in" the site so I can avoid them if I need to?

Thanks...and yes, I know I'm a freak :)
Lisa

Lisahas2cats said:
Carl, good luck with your site! :). I have one question before I click your link, though....I'm almost phobicly frightened of accidentally stumbling across pictures of the deceased (yeah...I know...it's weird of me to come to WS with that fear...but if I can prepare myself first I can handle it just *okay*). Are the pictures of unidentified persons on the homepage, or further "in" the site so I can avoid them if I need to?

Thanks...and yes, I know I'm a freak :)
Lisa
lol Its ok Lisa. There are only two artists drawings of UID's on the homepage, even clicking on the Unidentified link will not bring them up. I only have two cases with actual post mortem pictures 'Ohio Jane Doe' and 'Pinal Jane Doe' There are no warnings before you enter those two and they show immediately but that is not a choice it was an error. I am updating the site with more cases later and I am putting a warning message next to the ones that contain Post Mortem.
Carl
Click Click Click :)

Thanks Carl!

To illustrate how ridiculous I am about it...I checked out Patricia Cornwell's Jack the Ripper book a few years ago, and saw that there was a photo section in the middle. "Cool!", I thought. Until I came across the photos of the murder victims...I actually screamed and flung the book. Then when I decided to try and overcome that little fear by looking at them in a controlled way (like, my poor husband patiently holding the book open across the room while I slowly peeled my fingers away from my eyelids, then opening my eyelids by mere slits while looking *near* the book), it didn't go so smoothly because my teenage son started giving commentary on the pictures ("Holy cow...Jack the Ripper must have cut that poor lady's eyelids off because her eyeballs are wide open! Oh, no, nevermind...her eyes are closed, just very sunken. It's okay to look!"). Humiliation on top of terror...my favorite!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back