1121 users online (218 members and 903 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,173

    Childhood Friend of Karr's on Catherine Crier

    They had an old childhood friend of Karr's (they knew each other from 7th grade on) who is a woman on Catherine Crier.

    There was video from when Karr was a teenager, which showed a nerdy but well-nourished looking guy with a late 70s, early 80s redneck mullet. The friend described him as friendly if somewhat spacey (actually, what she described were classic Aspergers Syndrome symptoms) who never dated before he married. She also said his grandmother was very much involved in his life, as opposed to his grandfather. But she never said whether they were his dad or mom's parents, not did she give the reason for his being sent to be raised by them. She descirbed him as one of those "genius type guys that had problems getting along with people" and said that between their childhood and when she last saw him in 1996/1997 he became increasingly stranger.

    I wonder what happend in his life to trigger this personality split. Did his grandmother die aroudn that time or what?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    4,175
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
    They had an old childhood friend of Karr's (they knew each other from 7th grade on) who is a woman on Catherine Crier.

    There was video from when Karr was a teenager, which showed a nerdy but well-nourished looking guy with a late 70s, early 80s redneck mullet. The friend described him as friendly if somewhat spacey (actually, what she described were classic Aspergers Syndrome symptoms) who never dated before he married. She also said his grandmother was very much involved in his life, as opposed to his grandfather. But she never said whether they were his dad or mom's parents, not did she give the reason for his being sent to be raised by them. She descirbed him as one of those "genius type guys that had problems getting along with people" and said that between their childhood and when she last saw him in 1996/1997 he became increasingly stranger.

    I wonder what happend in his life to trigger this personality split. Did his grandmother die aroudn that time or what?
    No, JBR died. I think his mother was killed in a car crash. Could it be that he had a personality disorder that was never diagnosed? Karr went to live with the grandparents because his Dad was busy earning a crust. Dad worked as an exec for one of the big car makers.Wonder if Dad bought him the DeLorean to keep him out of trouble and appaise him?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,617
    On Nancy Grace's CTV show right before Catherine Crier, one of the commentors (maybe Beth Karas) said that Karrs mother died when he was 12 yrs old, and that was when he was sent to live with the grandparents.

    Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved. Please consider a shelter or rescue pet.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,173
    Now it's being reveled that Karr's biolgical mother was institutionalized ahortly after his birth due to her attempt on his life (!) and that his father divoced her in 1973 and remarried a second woman, who he divorced when Karr was 12.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
    Now it's being reveled that Karr's biolgical mother was institutionalized ahortly after his birth due to her attempt on his life (!) and that his father divoced her in 1973 and remarried a second woman, who he divorced when Karr was 12.
    Hmmm, wonder why dad divorced the step-mom. IF she sexually abused him, it could lead to some of his "issues" today. (It's also a good reason to divorce.)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    They were showing pics of him today and talking about how big his mullet was, I dont think I ever seen one that big!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    4,175

    A big one...

    Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    They were showing pics of him today and talking about how big his mullet was, I dont think I ever seen one that big!
    Very Billy ray Cyrus he had a big one too.! sorry I am being immature.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzbar
    Very Billy ray Cyrus he had a big one too.! sorry I am being immature.
    They showed JK with Billy Ray and were talking about how big they were. I know I am being immature too, cant help it sometimes.