I think that there is more to this than meets the eye

Hyatt

Reaction score
A. Someone on another thread pointed out that what we heard Karr say may not be a confession at all. i.e. "I was with JonBenet when she died." Add: "in heart and mind." & "JonBenet's death was an accident." Add: "IMO". Do we know FOR SURE that he said "second degree"? The guy who quoted him didn't seem like a credible source but rather someone who was having fun with this whole thing. And already a number of statements have been retracted. I mean if he is willing to say "I loved JonBenet." not having really known her (I think), he is making statements that can't be taken at face value.

B. I called Karr a kook yet some of the quotes and testimonies we have seen suggest to me that he is not that stupid at all. Example: his response to Tracey regarding the latter's attitude towards his sexuality. Also so many people coming in saying that this seems out of character. (BTW, I'm wondering how THAT quote got out, seeing that Tracey is not wanting to "share" at the moment.

C. Someone else posted that Tracey could easily have fed him unpublished information regarding the case. I agree. This communication with Tracey is very suspicious.

D. Could the "identification" with JonBenet stem from a similar mother/child relationship? Being dressed up in some girlie way? Feeling that they were both victims somehow?

E. Could he be fatally ill and wanting to go out linked to this case for some reason and feeling he has nothing to lose?

F. If he was connected to Tracey by a third party who had met him in person, why did it take LE all this time to identify him? Why wouldn't Tracey simply have referred LE to this third party?

G. How long has this guy been confessing to this crime? It would be too absurd if the guy "confesses" at exactly the same time that the police track him down. His willingness to infer a confession and the "trouble" that Lacy says that they had tracking him down just don't add up together. It's as if she is saying that they sweated a lot to track him down whereas all the while, the guy is basically saying "Take me, take me."

H. Timing. Tracey clearly sides with Ramsey and .... well it's election time soon. When did he last run?

I. Comparisons he may have made between himself and Michael Jackson. I can tell that some of you have different views than mine re: the latter and his trial however I read the entire testimony of the Jackson trial and though I don't want to go over all that here - there was a huge gap between what the transcripts said and what the media was reporting. This may be his way of drawing attention to media innaccuracies here too.

I'm going off on all sorts of tangents because frankly, I don't think that any of this Karr affair makes ANY sense at face value. At this point, I am primarily interested in knowing what the heck is in that guy's mind AND in knowing what role Tracey et al played here.

Time will tell but the connection with Tracey is a big worry.tracey seems to have a real agenda going to clear the Ramsay's. Is he on the payroll? Is John still rich or has it all gone? It it would be possible for Tracey to find a mentally unstable man and foster ideas in his head. FOR SURE!

Karr is definetly unstable, probably lonely and feels isolated. Tracey could well be his'mentor'.

kazzbar said:
Time will tell but the connection with Tracey is a big worry.tracey seems to have a real agenda going to clear the Ramsay's. Is he on the payroll? Is John still rich or has it all gone? It it would be possible for Tracey to find a mentally unstable man and foster ideas in his head. FOR SURE!

Karr is definetly unstable, probably lonely and feels isolated. Tracey could well be his'mentor'.
The idea that he fed Karr info is absurd-not for thinking it but to what purpose would it serve. Karr would simply tell on him eventually..He would have to explain how he knows what he knows and anything he was fed will just come back on tracey who will then be in trouble himself..I just cant see anyone feeding this guy who is also involved at another level.
It would just come out sooner than later.

newtv said:
The idea that he fed Karr info is absurd-not for thinking it but to what purpose would it serve. Karr would simply tell on him eventually..He would have to explain how he knows what he knows and anything he was fed will just come back on tracey who will then be in trouble himself..I just cant see anyone feeding this guy who is also involved at another level.

Information could have been revealed inadvertently. If the correspondence lasted for 4 years, Tracey may not even remember all he has written.

for discussing the case with Karr. All that's going to come of this, is Tracy will get the publicity he wants and make his book deal more attractive, and Karr will get a big settlement for a false arrest.

I just heard on Fox News that his mother was admitted to an Insane Asylum.
Also it said she tried to catch John Mark Karr on fire as a baby. I wonder if this is true or just a :croc: ..

kwatson696 said:
I just heard on Fox News that his mother was admitted to an Insane Asylum.
Also it said she tried to catch John Mark Karr on fire as a baby. I wonder if this is true or just a :croc: ..

yikes!...i haven't heard that, but i just woke up...up waaaay too late last night, reading...

Karr's Mother Tried to Kill Him, Family Friend Says
Karr Family Friend Says Mother Tried to Kill Him When He Was a Baby

http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/story?id=2339385&page=1

By CHRIS FRANCESCANI, ABC Law and Justice Unit

byline_abcnews.gif

ATLANTA, Aug. 21, 2006 — The mother of the suspect in JonBenet Ramsey's murder tried to kill him when he was only a baby, a family friend told ABC News.

John Karr's mother, Patricia Elaine Adcock "made a big round donut [of kindling] and put him in the middle of it," said George McCrary, 76, who said he has known Karr's father, Wexford Karr, for 40 years.

"She just boxed the little baby in and tried to light it," McCrary said. John's older brother Michael "came running in just before she got the flame to the flammable material," McCrary added.

newtv said:
Sure, it might come out sooner or later. But if it's later rather than sooner, Tracey will have had time to make a quick buck from his role in this and his book. No matter what happens to Karr, the JBR case SELLS and I bet many people will be interested in reading those e-mails and PAY to read them even if this continues to be an unsolved case.

And yes, I agree with Nova. Information can be given inadvertently. But judgment on whether or not it was "inadvertently", relies solely on the amount of trust one places on Tracey as it involves "intention". I don't trust Tracey as far as I can trust him and frankly, it matters little to me whether or not it was inadvertent. The fact is (I think, because in this case, who knows, although he did not deny it on LKL last night) he has been corresponding with Karr for four years and THAT alone is highly peculiar and suspicios IMO.

JMO

Penelope631 said:
Karr's Mother Tried to Kill Him, Family Friend Says
Karr Family Friend Says Mother Tried to Kill Him When He Was a Baby

http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/story?id=2339385&page=1

By CHRIS FRANCESCANI, ABC Law and Justice Unit

http://a.abcnews.com/images/site/story/byline_abcnews.gif

ATLANTA, Aug. 21, 2006 — The mother of the suspect in JonBenet Ramsey's murder tried to kill him when he was only a baby, a family friend told ABC News.

John Karr's mother, Patricia Elaine Adcock "made a big round donut [of kindling] and put him in the middle of it," said George McCrary, 76, who said he has known Karr's father, Wexford Karr, for 40 years.

"She just boxed the little baby in and tried to light it," McCrary said. John's older brother Michael "came running in just before she got the flame to the flammable material," McCrary added.
That was interesting reading. Thanks for the link. I was beginning to suspect that this guy is not an idiot after all. The friend in the article confirms this. Now I'm wondering what the heck Karr thought of the Ramsey parents and what the content of his communications with Patsy were all about. I mean, if he identified with JonBenet, could part of that be linked to his own mother having tried to kill him?

JMO

Lisa Bloom on CourtTV just said that she had interviewed his lawyer this morning (did anyone see that interview - i didn't) and that the lawyer says that he is a very smart man. I really think that this guy measured well exactly what he said in front of the cameras and is aware of the double entendre of his words. I think that he will maintain that he never DID really confess to a crime and frankly, when one thinks of the Mary Winkler lawyers claiming that their client never really confessed, there is really no reason to not apply the same logic here. This is a mind game that is being played here. BUT, and this is important, let's not forget that, if not for Tracey, the mind game would not have gone international and that we don't know exactly what Tracey's role in the mind game between them was.

I think that this thing will come back to put egg on Tracey's face big time, as well as the DA and maybe some others.

JMO

I am beginning to think something "stinks" here too, besides the fact he's a kook.

The first time we saw him in Thailand I think he was drunk. His deameanor has not been the same since. He seems smarter than a fox now.

It makes me think there is something more here that we don't know.

curiositycat said:
I am beginning to think something "stinks" here too, besides the fact he's a kook.

The first time we saw him in Thailand I think he was drunk. His deameanor has not been the same since. He seems smarter than a fox now.

It makes me think there is something more here that we don't know.
Which would explain why those familiar with the case, both lay people and media analysts couldn't make head or tail about this "breakthrough". It did not and does not make sense as portrayed by the media because we are far from knowing it all and the media has been editing this in such a way as to have sensational news. However, what the heck is this DA doing? It was actually the arrest that stimulated the uproar. But let's not forget: John Ramsey and Lin Wood TRUST her judgment. Enough said.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back