Questions and Comments On Breaking News 08- 22

dragonfly707

Reaction score
It has been suggested that the breaking news thread be left for breaking news. Up until today we have also had a daily questions thread, so here is one for today.

dragonfly707 said:
It has been suggested that the breaking news thread be left for breaking news. Up until today we have also had a daily questions thread, so here is one for today.
This is great as long as we don't start making new threads for everything again.

JBean said:
This is great as long as we don't start making new threads for everything again.
Hi JBean it has worked pretty good the last few days, but today is set to be a frenzy!

Maybe we can get a media only thread made into a sticky. Mods?

MrsMush99 said:
I think it works better the way it is; if made a stciky, people have a strong tendency to ignore it. The way it is, allows it to go to the front of the pack of threads, when new news comes up.

MrsMush99 said:
As I recall, we had a media only sticky and then a breaking news thread for discussion. It would be nice if only the key new topics were made into threads of their own. I will go with the flow, but this is getting cornfusing.

They are showing a lot of protestors at the court house, the pictures of these people is being taken from a helocopter so I can not see well, but it looks like they have signs with a mans face on them.

Anyone know what they are protesting?????

From the breaking news thread:

Buzzm1 said:
CBS News correspondent Kelly Cobiella reports that sources said Karr knows too much about the Ramsey house to be lying, details the public couldn't know.

Freelance journalist Mike Sandrock met him, by chance, in Paris four years ago, told Cobiella that Karr knew more about the case than reporters at the hometown paper in Boulder.
OK, statements like this turn all of what has been speculated over the week on its ear....

Scary...

dragonfly707 said:
They are showing a lot of protestors at the court house, the pictures of these people is being taken from a helocopter so I can not see well, but it looks like they have signs with a mans face on them.

Anyone know what they are protesting?????
Probably us being at war in Iraq. They want to take advantage of the TV coverage. Or maybe they are protesting against Bush. LOL

Fox News is showing wall-to-wall at the moment on the case....on a commercial right now, though.

dragonfly707 said:

OK, statements like this turn all of what has been speculated over the week on its ear....

Scary...
At least we have to concede that Karr is an expert on the Jon Benet case. If not the actual perp, maybe he can at least help the Boulder PD to solve the case.

dragonfly707 said:

Scary...

See, now to me, if true, then this man needs to be taken seriously. Even looking at pictures of the house could not possibly give you every detail of the house. So IF this is true, it is significant to me. This coupled with his attornies saying he needs to be taken seriously, is having me lean toward him being the perp, for now. I have a right to change my mind with the next breaking news, LOL.

MrsMush99 said:
See, now to me, if true, then this man needs to be taken seriously. Even looking at pictures of the house could not possibly give you every detail of the house. So IF this is true, it is significant to me. This coupled with his attornies saying he needs to be taken seriously, is having me lean toward him being the perp, for now. I have a right to change my mind with the next breaking news, LOL.
MM we all have the right to change our mind. I saw Sandrock the guy who he met in Paris interviewed last night, and Sandrock seemed convinced at the time that he had been in Boulder at least sometime. The question is was it after the murder or not?

Shouldn't this have started by now?? Unless we are going to be shown a tape. I could have sworn they said live.

dragonfly707 said:
MM we all have the right to change our mind. I saw Sandrock the guy who he met in Paris interviewed last night, and Sandrock seemed convinced at the time that he had been in Boulder at least sometime. The question is was it after the murder or not?

I'm so confused, LOL. Maybe this hearing will help with something.

MrsMush99 said:
I'm so confused, LOL. Maybe this hearing will help with something.
I do not think there will be cameras in the hearing. I heard last night but I do not know if it is true that there would be a news conference after the hearing.

I am sure there are talking heads who will talk after the hearing on what went on inside.

Just reading threads here stuck at work.But there still is no proof he was ever in Colo. Also them driving him instead of flying is telling me they hope he says more since he will not be in custody again since no charges are filed yet.IMHO this man is sick but did not kill JBR. Until I see DNa match or he was in colo I will keep saying that.

JDB said:
Just reading threads here stuck at work.But there still is no proof he was ever in Colo. Also them driving him instead of flying is telling me they hope he says more since he will not be in custody again since no charges are filed yet.IMHO this man is sick but did not kill JBR. Until I see DNa match or he was in colo I will keep saying that.
At this point you are right JDB the media has not been able to report that there is any proof that he was ever in CO, only speculation from people he either talked to or emailed. But nothing from the CO DA's office has been reported on yet.

JDB said:

JDB, I hear what you are saying. And I would like to find out that information also. I'm also waiting on that picture the wife says she has. Still no sign of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back