The Counts Of The Charges Against Karr

dragonfly707

Reaction score
This has been posted on the breaking news, as these are the charges which were read by the judge at the hearing this morning. I also posted it as a question on todays question and comment thread.

But I would like to hear from the experts why are there so many double charges such as two murder charges, and two different types of kidnapping charges?

What do the charges actually mean? How are they legally interpreted?

1. One count first degree murder.

2. One count felony murder.

3. one count first degree kidnapping

4. one count second degree kidnapping

5. one count of sexual assault on a child

I'm assuming that when JMK gets to Boulder and if he's officially charged, then he'll have an arraignment...what are they gonna do if he insists on pleading guilty? :confused:

englishleigh said:
I'm assuming that when JMK gets to Boulder and if he's officially charged, then he'll have an arraignment...what are they gonna do if he insists on pleading guilty? :confused:
I have asked and asked that question English. After listening today to the interviews with the two women attys who spoke with him at great length yesterday, I do not think it will be a competency issue, so it concerns me that he seems hell bent on taking credit for this crime. Now that could be because he did it, and it could not. The attys said he is not seeking attention and needs to be taken seriously. These two attys did not have knowledge regarding what the DA has, so for me it just gets more confusing.

I don't know what Colorado law states but in my state - if you plead guilty or no contest you are immediately sentenced.

Then you would think all the records regarding this case would be open to the public - except for things possibly dealing with minors. And most of them would be of age by now.

What a scenerio! He pleas guilty, found sane and sentenced.

End of case.Lol

dragonfly707 said:
I have asked and asked that question English. After listening today to the interviews with the two women attys who spoke with him at great length yesterday, I do not think it will be a competency issue, so it concerns me that he seems hell bent on taking credit for this crime. Now that could be because he did it, and it could not. The attys said he is not seeking attention and needs to be taken seriously. These two attys did not have knowledge regarding what the DA has, so for me it just gets more confusing.

It concerns me, too, that he is hell bent on saying he did this. Now if he DID do it, then it's a good thing. But if he didn't and just has some sort of obsession with wanting to insert himself into the case, I hope his innocence can be proved and they can get him some mental help. I'm just worried he'll plead guilty when he did not do this crime and then someone else is getting away (or has already gotten away on this earth) with murder. I worry that this guy WANTS the death penalty in CO b/c then he gets to die for the murder of JonBenet in the same state where she died, and then gets to, in his mind, get to go be with her in the afterlife.

englishleigh said:
It concerns me, too, that he is hell bent on saying he did this. Now if he DID do it, then it's a good thing. But if he didn't and just has some sort of obsession with wanting to insert himself into the case, I hope his innocence can be proved and they can get him some mental help. I'm just worried he'll plead guilty when he did not do this crime and then someone else is getting away (or has already gotten away on this earth) with murder. I worry that this guy WANTS the death penalty in CO b/c then he gets to die for the murder of JonBenet in the same state where she died, and then gets to, in his mind, get to go be with her in the afterlife.
I am thinking the same way as you..

Starling said:
I don't know what Colorado law states but in my state - if you plead guilty or no contest you are immediately sentenced.

Then you would think all the records regarding this case would be open to the public - except for things possibly dealing with minors. And most of them would be of age by now.

What a scenerio! He pleas guilty, found sane and sentenced.

End of case.Lol
So from this I gather that IF the DA actually charges him with murder AND he pleads guilty, he could be sentenced WITHOUT evidence and a trial? :behindbar

:doh: I thought the justice system was better than that.

JMO
Cheb

Jamie Harmon is on MSNBC right now and says that Karr is not insane now, but could have been 10 years ago. I am inclined to believe that Jamie Harmon thinks Karr did this.

englishleigh said:
Jamie Harmon is on MSNBC right now and says that Karr is not insane now, but could have been 10 years ago. I am inclined to believe that Jamie Harmon thinks Karr did this.
Well Why would he be insane 10 years ago but not today? I wonder if he is on meds? He does not seem like it but who knows...:waitasec:

michelle said:
Well Why would he be insane 10 years ago but not today? I wonder if he is on meds? He does not seem like it but who knows...:waitasec:

She intimated that he might have been insane 10 years ago but may have regained his senses since then...she expressed no opinion when asked by Tucker Carlson if she thinks Karr killed JBR...she said she would never publicly express her opinion. I find that odd b/c if she is a defense attorney and potentially HIS defense attorney, looks like she'd say if she thought he was innocent. She said she'd defend him, no matter what she believed about his guilt or innocence.

englishleigh said:
She intimated that he might have been insane 10 years ago but may have regained his senses since then...she expressed no opinion when asked by Tucker Carlson if she thinks Karr killed JBR...she said she would never publicly express her opinion. I find that odd b/c if she is a defense attorney and potentially HIS defense attorney, looks like she'd say if she thought he was innocent. She said she'd defend him, no matter what she believed about his guilt or innocence.
Wow that is interesting. This whole thing is getting stranger by the minute!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back