1128 users online (185 members and 943 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Q/A for 8/23

I've heard over and over again that the foreign DNA found on JBR was degraded and had only 10 markers. What degrades DNA? Does it degrade over time on its own or does something have to come in contact with it for it to degrade and have less markers?

HB, I shall try to answer your queries.

DNA degrades over time, yes. It also degrades if it comes in contact with bacteria. BUT, if it HAD come in contact with bacteria, JB's DNA would have also been degraded. It wasn't. Therefore, we can assume it was done over time.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    HB, I shall try to answer your queries.

DNA degrades over time, yes. It also degrades if it comes in contact with bacteria. BUT, if it HAD come in contact with bacteria, JB's DNA would have also been degraded. It wasn't. Therefore, we can assume it was done over time.
    Thanks SD. I may not always agree with you but I really appreciate the answers

I'm not sure if this has been asked

How is JMK being charged on two counts of kidnapping- first-degree kidnapping, second-degree kidnapping?

I've seen the question asked about the murder charges and understand that, but am perplexed on the kidnapping charges?

Anybody know this?
    ~ Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~

This is what I found when I searched for the legal definitions under Colorado state law:
    Kidnapping
    First degree kidnapping. Any person who does any of the following acts

with the intent thereby to force the victim or any other person to make any
    concession or give up anything of value in order to secure a release of a person
    under the offender's actual or apparent control commits first degree kidnapping:
    18-3-301 (1)
    a) Forcibly seizes and carries any person from one place to another; o(1r) (a)
    b) Entices or persuades any person to go from one place to another; o(1r) (b)
    c) Imprisons or forcibly secretes any person. (1) (c)
    Whoever commits first degree kidnapping is guilty of a class 1 felony if the
    person kidnapped shall have suffered bodily injury; but no person convicted of
    first degree kidnapping shall suffer the death penalty if the person kidnapped was
    liberated alive prior to the conviction of the kidnapper.
    (2)
    First degree kidnapping is a class 2 felony if the kidnapped person was liberated
    unharmed.
    18-3-301 (3)
    Second degree kidnapping. Second degree kidnapping is a class 2 felony if

the person kidnapped is a victim of a sexual assault or a robbery.
    18-3-302 (3)
    Second degree kidnapping is a class 3 felony if the kidnaping is accomplished
    with intent to sell, trade, or barter the victim for consideration or does not
    include sexual assault or robbery but is accomplished by the use of a deadly
    weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to cause a person to
    reasonably believe that the article is a deadly weapon or if the kidnapping is
    accomplished by the perpetrator representing that he or she is armed with a
    deadly weapon.
    18-3-302 (4)
    Any person who kidnaps a child not his own and under the age of eighteen years
    of age commits a class 4 felony, if the person kidnaped is not a victim of sexual
    assault or robbery, and the use of a deadly weapon is not employed.

I don't know if anyone has asked this, but what the heck is up with Rita Cosby's voice? Is she hoarse or has she been taking testosterone??

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    I don't know if anyone has asked this, but what the heck is up with Rita Cosby's voice? Is she hoarse or has she been taking testosterone??
    Maybe she's going through a sex change!!

Thanks Tamfish!

Quote Originally Posted by lilpony
    Maybe she's going through a sex change!!
    ROFL...I don't know but her voice has been like this for a week and you'd think it would have gotten better by now, unless she is constantly talking all the time, and she may be.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    Is it worse this week? Sometimes Rita's voice drives me to distraction. I have always thought her voice was raspy, but talking alot probably makes it worse.

I read somewhere that her voice is raspy or hoarse due to a medical problem. Can't remember the specifics but she got sick and something happened that made one side of her vocal chords paralyzed.

Edit to add: This illness I am speaking of happened a long time ago.

Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved. Please consider a shelter or rescue pet.

Need Memory Help

Did the Ramsey's discover the Ransome note before they found JBR? If that is the case why in the heck did they not search every room in the house first? They would have known right there she was murdered.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

Quote Originally Posted by JDB
    Did the Ramsey's discover the Ransome note before they found JBR? If that is the case why in the heck did they not search every room in the house first? They would have known right there she was murdered.
    Yes...the finding of RO precipitated the 911 call...which reported a "kidnapping".

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthingSleuth
    Yes...the finding of RO precipitated the 911 call...which reported a "kidnapping".
    Thanks and what was the Ramsey's excuse of not searching the entire house.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

I listened to the story that JMK told the woman in CA., that he hid under the bed while Patsy tucked in JonBenet and read her a story. Well, this certainly can't be true. Patsy told LE JonBenet was sound asleep!

Quote Originally Posted by JDB
    Thanks and what was the Ramsey's excuse of not searching the entire house.
    John claimed he ran through the house a bit, and especially checked on Burke's room.

He also admitted that even though the RO warned them not to call the police or else, first thing he told his wife to do was call the police.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast