959 users online (211 members and 748 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ramesy's Damed if they do, Damed if they don't, or is there more than meets the eye?

Anyone catch CNN last night? Mark Klaas was asked his view on this case and he couldn’t have said it better, although I don’t have the exact wording, he said that parents in child murder cases like himself, Walsh and the Smarts learn to put themselves LAST and their children FIRST and this wasn’t done by the Ramsey’s. That he knew as a parent of a murdered child he would be interrogated for hours but he did what it took to cooperate. That wasn’t done in this case. He didn’t feel Mark Karr had anything to do with this crime. I tried to search for his exact words but couldn’t find it. I found a similar interview with him from MSNBC quoted below:

That doesn’t appear to have happened in the Ramsey case.
    No, that never happened in this case, and it’s always been a problem to me. And I understand [John] Ramsey’s situation, and only wish he’d been more cooperative up front so that all of us, including law enforcement, could have gotten past looking at him and his wife. Because quite frankly, if you look at the evidence made available to the public, as well as the conduct of the parents, i.e. refusing in most respects to cooperate with the cops, not give independent interviews with law enforcement, not take polygraphs, to hire a PR firm to handle your image, it seems self-serving. It doesn’t seem to me that that helps JonBenet, or it doesn’t help find who killed JonBenet.
    Again weather or not John Mark Karr is guilty or not of committing this crime, I concur with Klaas. The Ramsey’s did not do what they needed to do to take them off the investigators suspect list. And if Karr IS responsible then look at all the years he was able to prey on other children.

The Ramseys daughter was dead. That would be the distinction between this case and the others.

After ten years, I do realize it is a waste of time to point this out.
    Please assume anything in my posts that is uncredited is my opinion.

And why do you think John Ramsey did that?

Because he knew that if he had, the COULDN'T and WOULDN'T have been able to "move past him".

The most telling things are that John and Patsy REFUSED to be interviewed separately. Why? Because one of them might not keep their story straight if they were separated.

They also asked for a WRITTEN list of questions. What good would that be to LE? The Ramseys could have and would have gotten their attorneys to go over EVERY QUESTION with them and edit their answers.

Quote Originally Posted by guppy
    The Ramseys daughter was dead. That would be the distinction between this case and the others.
    What? So you mean Polly Klaas wasn't found dead and her father under suspicion for the crime when he sat for hours of interrogation and took a polygraph?

I fail to see how that is different than the Ramsey case.

Both girls bodies found and both fathers under suspicion, but only Marc Klass was independantly interrogated for hours and took a polygraph to help LE move past him as a suspect.

He didn't lawyer up or hire a PR firm before talking with the cops or taking the polygraph....

He also didn't try to flee the state within 30 minutes of her body being found like John Ramsey did.

RiverRat found an interesting article on how JR is again contemplating fleeing...only this time it's the entire country!
    The guy is such a lying hypocrite it makes my stomach churn.
    Now he's worried about his safety...from the MEDIA!
    Funny he wasn't worried about it when he appeared on CNN and various talk shows...or when he was running for office and pimping himself out to whoever would put his mug and words on tv, or in print all while standing on his daughter's grave and using her as his "platform"....

And people think Karr is sick...

seeker

> I fail to see how that is different than the Ramsey case.

I know.
    Please assume anything in my posts that is uncredited is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by guppy

After ten years, I do realize it is a waste of time to point this out.
    True, but the absolute rage and utter helplessness that they should have felt still applies in this case, and that was not shown to the public. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that these people killed their daughter in the way that she was killed...however, their behavior in many, many ways seems so abnormal that I can't dismiss their involvement.

And to be fair, I don't feel that either one "murdered" their daughter. I feel that IF they were involved, that it was truly an accident. It's the appearance of a cover-up after the fact that screams guilt to me.
    He's guilty. Get over it.

Class-z is offline Do Something, Lead, follow or get out of the way. :)
    I don’t have the exact wording,
    As an innocent parent, you cooperate to the fullest, make yourself available to LE and you become "TRNASPARENT" so they can rule you out and get past you. The Ramsey's NEVER did this.

Didn't even try.

Quote Originally Posted by Class-z
    As an innocent parent, you cooperate to the fullest, make yourself available to LE and you become "TRNASPARENT" so they can rule you out and get past you. The Ramsey's NEVER did this.
    I agree...They acted guilty... They acted like they wanted to cover their ass first before anything else.. where is the love and respect for their murdered daughter in that? I don't see it..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Quote Originally Posted by Nedthan Johns
    Anyone catch CNN last night? Mark Klaas was asked his view on this case and he couldn’t have said it better, although I don’t have the exact wording, he said that parents in child murder cases like himself, Walsh and the Smarts learn to put themselves LAST and their children FIRST and this wasn’t done by the Ramsey’s. That he knew as a parent of a murdered child he would be interrogated for hours but he did what it took to cooperate. That wasn’t done in this case. He didn’t feel Mark Karr had anything to do with this crime. I tried to search for his exact words but couldn’t find it. I found a similar interview with him from MSNBC quoted below:

That doesn’t appear to have happened in the Ramsey case.
    No, that never happened in this case, and it’s always been a problem to me. And I understand [John] Ramsey’s situation, and only wish he’d been more cooperative up front so that all of us, including law enforcement, could have gotten past looking at him and his wife. Because quite frankly, if you look at the evidence made available to the public, as well as the conduct of the parents, i.e. refusing in most respects to cooperate with the cops, not give independent interviews with law enforcement, not take polygraphs, to hire a PR firm to handle your image, it seems self-serving. It doesn’t seem to me that that helps JonBenet, or it doesn’t help find who killed JonBenet.
    Again weather or not John Mark Karr is guilty or not of committing this crime, I concur with Klaas. The Ramsey’s did not do what they needed to do to take them off the investigators suspect list. And if Karr IS responsible then look at all the years he was able to prey on other children.

Marc Klaas has no expertise in evidence assessment and weighting, and he consistently works off false premises and arrives at fallacious conclusions. In his mind, the Ramsey's lawyering-up is evidence. That's about as bad as it gets.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

Klass

Frankly, I am sick of the media putting up Mark Klass as some sort of expert and I'm sick of all the rumor and inuendo about the Ramsey's and the way they acted.

I feel like they acted like distraught parents and helped law eforcement in any way possible, but they got frustrated with LEA that they were spending way too much time with them and not out hunting the sadistic killer of their daughter. I would act the SAME way!!

I don't think John Karr is the killer, but I do believe it was an intruder. For almost a year, I suspected that it was one of the Ramsey's including Burke. I am ashamed of myself for thinking that way now.

The Ramsey’s did not do what they needed to do to take them off the investigators suspect list. And if Karr IS responsible then look at all the years he was able to prey on other children.
    And why do you think John Ramsey did that?

Because he knew that if he had, the COULDN'T and WOULDN'T have been able to "move past him".
    Talking initially, why do you think they couldn't and wouldn't have been able to "move past him"? I ask because so many say, "if he/they" had cooperated with LE right from the getgo, they might not have been under the umbrella of suspicion.

I personally do not care for Mark Klass....I do feel very sorry for him but I heard him on the news and he was spouting off his opinion based on his experience about how this guy couldn't be the killer. All before he knew any of the evidence against Karr. This is a shark frenzy folks to tear Karr down and there isn't even any meat in the tank.

As for the Ramseys, I couldn't give a damn about any of them except for Burke (assuming he didn't do it). Patsy and John have absolutely NO ONE TO BLAME BUT THEMSELVES for the predicament they found themselves in. Yes, if they had cooperated, they could have faced some additional scrutiny. In lawyering up and flying away almost from day one, they caused this themselves. Had they cooperated and not set conditions for when and where interviews were to be done, etc. the public would have eventually backed them.

As it was, they brought suspicion upon themselves and kept it firmly held there.

Cal

Quote Originally Posted by sejay3911
    Frankly, I am sick of the media putting up Mark Klass as some sort of expert and I'm sick of all the rumor and inuendo about the Ramsey's and the way they acted.

I feel like they acted like distraught parents and helped law eforcement in any way possible, but they got frustrated with LEA that they were spending way too much time with them and not out hunting the sadistic killer of their daughter. I would act the SAME way!!

I don't think John Karr is the killer, but I do believe it was an intruder. For almost a year, I suspected that it was one of the Ramsey's including Burke. I am ashamed of myself for thinking that way now.
    We can turn it around and be just as sick of hearing about an intruder as well..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

I’m astonished to hear this coming from Mark Klaas. Usually these kind of base accusations against the victim’s family are promoted by the perps of the crime or those who support the perps. of the crime.

These is no way Mark Klaas would have been charged with the crime of killing his daughter, while the Ram’s had to defend themselves against an overzealous investigation against them from the start.

This is all I have to say on the matter.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast