1010 users online (132 members and 878 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

JMK is Albert DeSalvo all over again

I don't see similarities except in the possibility that he had multiple personality disorder and some of the people who knew him were surprised that he could have done it. His MO and his victims were quite different. To me, this case is more like Ted Bundy who lured his victims with his good looks and normal appearance, gaining their confidence and then drugging and killing them after rapidly turning into his Mr. Hyde persona.

In all these monsters, I think there has to be some element of the Jekyll and Hyde thing where they still live a normal life in between the awful acts their "dark side" commits.

Innocentbystander,JMK is nothng like albert DeSalvo--they couldn't be more different--Desalvo was an oversexed mass murderer,killing at least 10 women,and many of them were fairly old--he was not accused of being a child killer--DeSalvo was a "manly man' and not an effiminate wimp like JMK--May i suggest you either read the true crime books on the Boston Strangler,or at least see the toned-down 1968 movie with tony Curtis and henry Fonda--

I think Innocent Bystander is referring to the theory, which has a great deal of merit imo, that Desalvo only confessed to the Boston Strangler crimes because he craved attention and notoriety.

Quote Originally Posted by shellbee
    I think Innocent Bystander is referring to the theory, which has a great deal of merit imo, that Desalvo only confessed to the Boston Strangler crimes because he craved attention and notoriety.
    However, he was guilty of the Green Man Serial Rapes, which I believe numbered well over 50 victims over several years.