Karr wrote the ransom note-my analysis

Juliet10

Reaction score
If I were a bettin girl, I'd put money on it. He wrote that note. I'm no handwriting expert, but there is something that looks so familiar to the note.

I don't care what any so-called "experts" have to say about it. The emperor has no clothes and I'm not going to listen to some expert tell me otherwise. I know what I see.

The characteristics don't happen just once or even twice, but many times.
It's not just a few single letters here or there, but the overall look of the same letters together and how he places certain letter cominations together.

Karr spacing and size and slants of his letters, and the placement of certain letter combinations together look just like the RN note. How can a man's natural writing habits from 1982, look so very close to the ransom note?

Patsy's writing doesn't really look the same.

Patsy's printing (her london letter)I would characterize as short/fat/stubby letter formations. Her words and letters are mostly straight or slant a certain direction sometimes. Her writing is more neat and her letters line up. The ransom writer and Karr have a messier look, a strange look.

How can a person who is "just a false confessor obsessed with the jonbenet case", happen to have such strikingly similar handwriting to the killer 14 years earlier before the crime occurred or jonbenet was even born??? Does he have psychic powers and imitate the writing style of a killer of jonbenet 14 years into the future?

If so many similarities can be found in a piece of handwriting from 1982, I can just imagine how strikingly similar a sample of Karr's writing samples from 1996 would be, give or take a few years earlier or later.
They theorized that the ransom note writer (who many believe was Patsy) disguised their handwriting, and that's why it looked the way it did. How could Patsy disguise handwriting to look coincindentally just like Karr's, the man who is presently confessing to the crime.

The handwriting is the same as Karr's. It's as plain as day. Only a fool or an extremely stubborn person would deny it. A person needs to do a certain amount of mental gymnastics to try to explain away the obvious. I just follow the fundamental facts of the case, keep it simple and use common sense.

What do you think? I put these charts together for comparison.

http://i8.tinypic.com/25g598x.jpg

http://i8.tinypic.com/25g56ac.jpg

25hpkkz.jpg

PR wrote the note.

If you want to wager, go to the 'I'm so confident' thread, you can place a bet there.

I'm still scratching my head about these new developments but i have to agree...........the writing from the RN and the Yearbook have very similar elements.

Juliet, you have made me lean a little more on the JMKDI side...

See, I think the yearbook printing leans to the left and the RN leans to the right. Also, although the yearbook is unlined, it is straighter than the RN which was on lined paper. Plus, you don't get to 'practice' a yearbook signing, but the RN was indeed practiced. JMO

You don't believe that a real kidnapper would disguise his handwriting is some way? He'd just sit down and write a ransom note with the same handwriting he used in his high school yearbook?

You might not care about expert opinion, but a jury would. I hope that if you ever serve on a jury, you don't end up convicting someone on such weak evidence.

The yearbook text was written twelve years prior to the ransom note. I see more dissimilarities than similarities in the writing, but the writing also happens to be an unnatural script, written by an adolescent who was probably trying to leave and impression on others with his unusual handwriting. I don't think any expert worth his or her salt would choose that sample for comparison.

To my untrained eye, Patsy's writing is a fairly good match to the note. The Boulder police took handwriting samples from over 60 suspects, and she was the only one not eliminated.

I actually see alot more DISsimilarities than similarities in the note. Look at the e's on the yearbook sample---they are actually written like a "c" at first, and then then line is drawn through to make the E. The ransom note doesn't have that. But anyways, more importantly, how were you able to add that in your post? I've tried to add things in my posts but have never been able to, except for links and smilies.

wenchie said:
You don't believe that a real kidnapper would disguise his handwriting is some way? He'd just sit down and write a ransom note with the same handwriting he used in his high school yearbook?
You talkin' to me? LOL

Do you believe a real kidnapper would feel so comfortable in a house that he could spend several hours, writing ransom notes, plunder through the house, and not fear being discovered by either a returning family member or another visitor?

thank you for those that agree with me.
I know I'm not just seeing things.

apparently
another woman was on inside edition. She has another entry from John Karr in her yearbook. It's the same writing style as the other woman's yearbook entry everyone has seen. John Karr wrote weird things in her yearbook as well. John Karr apparently offered this woman's boyfriend money if he would drop her so Karr could be with her. He wrote about this incident in her yearbook or her boyfriend did.

Karr wrote "you are so sweet (unlike your sister)" in the entry from the other woman's yearbook. He wrote this because he asked her sister out and she declined.

Karr becomes obsessed with women and girls.

On the program they had yet another woman from highschool and he wanted her to get him a young teen girl. Into his car or something? I didn't hear the entire thing. Months later he married the 13 year old.

The 13 year old now claims he would write love letters that he signed
SBTC.

Juliet10 said:
If I were a bettin girl, I'd put money on it. He wrote that note. I'm no handwriting expert, but there is something that looks so familiar to the note.

I don't care what any so-called "experts" have to say about it. The emperor has no clothes and I'm not going to listen to some expert tell me otherwise. I know what I see.

The characteristics don't happen just once or even twice, but many times.
It's not just a few single letters here or there, but the overall look of the same letters together and how he places certain letter cominations together.

Karr spacing and size and slants of his letters, and the placement of certain letter combinations together look just like the RN note. How can a man's natural writing habits from 1982, look so very close to the ransom note?

Patsy's writing doesn't really look the same.

Patsy's printing (her london letter)I would characterize as short/fat/stubby letter formations. Her words and letters are mostly straight or slant a certain direction sometimes. Her writing is more neat and her letters line up. The ransom writer and Karr have a messier look, a strange look.

How can a person who is "just a false confessor obsessed with the jonbenet case", happen to have such strikingly similar handwriting to the killer 14 years earlier before the crime occurred or jonbenet was even born??? Does he have psychic powers and imitate the writing style of a killer of jonbenet 14 years into the future?

If so many similarities can be found in a piece of handwriting from 1982, I can just imagine how strikingly similar a sample of Karr's writing samples from 1996 would be, give or take a few years earlier or later.
They theorized that the ransom note writer (who many believe was Patsy) disguised their handwriting, and that's why it looked the way it did. How could Patsy disguise handwriting to look coincindentally just like Karr's, the man who is presently confessing to the crime.

The handwriting is the same as Karr's. It's as plain as day. Only a fool or an extremely stubborn person would deny it. A person needs to do a certain amount of mental gymnastics to try to explain away the obvious. I just follow the fundamental facts of the case, keep it simple and use common sense.

What do you think? I put these charts together for comparison.

http://i8.tinypic.com/25g598x.jpg

http://i8.tinypic.com/25g56ac.jpg
I agree with you. The day the yearbook was published, I saw the unusual d and a, and also the overall adolescent/feminine look of it. It was unbelievable that I, an amateur, saw blatant similarities. I pointed it out in some other forums but no one seemed too interested. And just yesterday a graphologist was showing these letters on CNN, on Larry King and Nancy Grace. Except that other graphologists are arguing that it's hooey. But that is to be expected. I studied graphology and so did my father...I'm no expert but yes, when I see a WEIRD little d in two things written 20 years apart...and add it to the other evidence so far against this man....yes, it is highly suspicious.

I looked at the handwriting charts used in the Lindbergh trial...70 years ago. They were far less conclusive...the matches were just not as dramatic. It was almost generic handwriting in both cases...(yet Hauptman was executed for the crime and to this day some believe he was not guilty; he went to the electric chair professing innocence). So graphology is not an exact science, it's only an indication of personality...but Karr's personality is so unique that his writing also is very very unique, the bizarre lower case d especially. Only, for me to care so much about this handwriting as an unexpected and amazing match makes me an obsessed, misguided loser who just has to have an intruder theory, right? No, I used to believe Patsy did it. But not after this. So I have to act like, oh well it is not important. The dna and other things will do the job....

This is the guy who called JBR "dollface" and "so unreal in death" in a creepy whisper on those tapes... if the handwriting didn't match I wouldn't care; I'd assume he got someone else to write the note. It's just ONE aspect.

PS for those who at a glance can't see the similarities, it's not that way. Look at the lower case d's and a's, things people do by habit even if they were trying to disguise their writing, and realize most of the yearbook writing is in calligraphy style. It's the few words at the end where he reverts to normal printing that have the most similarity, but the experts even saw the matches in the calligraphy portion. In the ransom note we see he tried changing to normal d's but several of the odd d's are sprinkled in.

Juliet10 said:
thank you for those that agree with me.
I know I'm not just seeing things.

apparently
another woman was on inside edition. She has another entry from John Karr in her yearbook. It's the same writing style as the other woman's yearbook entry everyone has seen. John Karr wrote weird things in her yearbook as well. John Karr apparently offered this woman's boyfriend money if he would drop her so Karr could be with her. He wrote about this incident in her yearbook or her boyfriend did.

Karr wrote "you are so sweet (unlike your sister)" in the entry from the other woman's yearbook. He wrote this because he asked her sister out and she declined.

Karr becomes obsessed with women and girls.

On the program they had yet another woman from highschool and he wanted her to get him a young teen girl. Into his car or something? I didn't hear the entire thing. Months later he married the 13 year old.

The 13 year old now claims he would write love letters that he signed
SBTC.
Now go and find PR hand writting and compare. The E are different for sure.

I am a year younger than JMK and grew up in IL, but I recognized the highly stylized handwriting as a fad that went around in the early 80s. I heard an expert graphologist on CourtTV claiming the hooks on JMK's y's indicated a dark side to his personality....We all made our y's that way in the 80s with the upside down semicircle on the bottom.

I don't think the yearbook is a good exemplar.

Totally disagree. Patsey's handwriting style is almost a mirror of the ransom note. Then, if you can imagine her making a deliberate attempt to hide this fact while she wrote it by using her non-preferred hand, 'almost' becomes nigh on 'exact'.

She wrote it either alone or with someone hovering next to her issuing dictation. I'd put money on it.

wenchie said:
If the person is a stranger with limited connection to their victim, it probably wouldn't matter much.

I think he may have started to disguise it or he was just nervous when he started or had bad lighting.

It's not exactly the same as the yearbook because it's 14 years later, it's wavy and the ink makes the writing blobby. Writing can't really be disguised totally. Some people think they may be disguising their writing really well, when in actuality they didn't do a very good job.

Either way Karr did a limited attempt to disguise, because you can still clearly tell it's his handwriting.

It's hard to tell how much he disguised it until there is a sample from 1995 or 1996 to see. Karr handwriting sample made with a sharpie would help too.

Well, I looked at the yearbook from the denver link.

I cast my vote for Patsy.

Yes, it is odd that his writing is similar, but I bet when a professional does a current sample, Patsy's will be closer.

Karr's lower case "r"s are not even close, not even. Lower case "s" are not similar either.

twinkiesmom said:
I am a year younger than JMK and grew up in IL, but I recognized the highly stylized handwriting as a fad that went around in the early 80s. I heard an expert graphologist on CourtTV claiming the hooks on JMK's y's indicated a dark side to his personality....We all made our y's that way in the 80s with the upside down semicircle on the bottom.

I don't think the yearbook is a good exemplar.

I guess the ransom note writer didn't really change his habits from the 1980's then. The ransom not writer is a big fan of writing style from the 1980's, coincindentally just like Karr.

wenchie said:
The note is disguised to a degree. He changed SOME of his characteristic odd d's but forgot others. Some have even said it was written left handed to disguise it (I disagree). You see that he deliberately misspelled words. But you can't utterly change every characteristic in a long note, even when trying to disguise it. Plus, it's not his chief priority in my opinion i.e., he loved the risk of being in the house and doing what he did there anyway. The note was part of his adventure, that is why it is so dramatic, the risk that it would be linked to him some day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back