850 users online (144 members and 706 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Elly Lorey, 89, starved to death, Boca Raton, 18 Sept 2005

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A suburban Boca Raton woman and her husband were arrested for first-degree murder Wednesday after detectives found they'd kept the woman's 89-year-old mother in a darkened room in their upscale home and allowed her to starve death.
    A grand jury indictment was returned Tuesday against Kerstin Fenn, 50, a yacht broker, and her husband, Toby Fenn, 47, a Palm Beach County tennis pro, for the murder of Elly Lorey, according to the Palm Beach county Sheriff's Office.

Detectives say the couple notified the sheriff's office of her death in September 2005. When deputies arrived at the couple's home at 21538 Woodchuck Court, they found Lorey dead and emaciated on a futon in the den.

Investigators say she was kept in a small room in which the air conditioning vent was sealed with cardboard and electricity and water were not running. She was not properly fed or hydrated, they said. Investigators believe the abuse started around December 2004.

The Fenns are being held without bond at Palm Beach County on the murder charge as well as a charge of aggravated elderly abuse.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/treasur...8/23/0823.html
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A suburban Boca Raton woman and her husband were arrested for first-degree murder Wednesday after detectives found they'd kept the woman's 89-year-old mother in a darkened room in their upscale home and allowed her to starve death.
    A grand jury indictment was returned Tuesday against Kerstin Fenn, 50, a yacht broker, and her husband, Toby Fenn, 47, a Palm Beach County tennis pro, for the murder of Elly Lorey, according to the Palm Beach county Sheriff's Office.

Detectives say the couple notified the sheriff's office of her death in September 2005. When deputies arrived at the couple's home at 21538 Woodchuck Court, they found Lorey dead and emaciated on a futon in the den.

Investigators say she was kept in a small room in which the air conditioning vent was sealed with cardboard and electricity and water were not running. She was not properly fed or hydrated, they said. Investigators believe the abuse started around December 2004.

The Fenns are being held without bond at Palm Beach County on the murder charge as well as a charge of aggravated elderly abuse.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/treasur...8/23/0823.html
    Makes me absolutely ill to think that elderly and children are so disposable in today's society.

These two were bent on torture! With their finances, the Fenns could have easily hired someone to help with her mom's care. This was premeditated murder - nothing less. Someone needs to take them out on one of those "yachts", hog-tie and drop 'em overboard. But then that would be trashing the environment.

This one makes me sick!!!! Why would anyone want their own mother to suffer? Why not just put her in a nursing home if they didn't want her around? Unbelievable!!!

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    Why not just put her in a nursing home if they didn't want her around?
    Because they didn't want to spend the $$$.

This make me ill.

Never mind indicting them. Let's just take them out and shoot them. No, that's too kind. How absolutely disgusting that these so-called people are still breathing the same air as human beings.

I put money on "they never" thought" that anyone would look at this death as anyless less "then an old frail women" dying.

They would answer a few questions, sign a few forms and that is it.

People like this have no empathy for others, the only thing, and I mean the only things that matters to them is themselves and money and more money.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Disgusting! I watched my family take care of my grandparents during their final years and it makes me so mad to see people treat their elderly parents this way. There is no punishment that I could see fit for this type of trash. My grandparents were cherished by our family. While it was sometimes difficult for my parents and family caring for them, they still look back on it and are thankful they were able to give them the care and comfort they deserved.

Totally disgusting.. I can't fathom how anyone could do this to their mother.. Lets just save the tax payers money and put these two in a nice dark cell and throw away the key.. oh and we can save money by not heating, cooling or feeding these 2 sub-humans. And they should be made to donate all money and assest to a charity that cares for the elderly. Probabtion if they ever get out should be years of work with the elderly- supervised of course! No more easy sentances for these creeps.

Thumbs up

!00% agreed Opme.

Kerstin V. Fenn

Sentence Date: 09/18/2009
    Date In Custody: 10/14/2009

Offense: Abuse Elder/Disabled-Injury
    Sentence: 5 years

Current Release Date: 06/14/2011
    ACTUAL TIME SERVED: 1 year 8 months

Toby Fenn

Sentence Date: 09/18/2009
    Date In Custody: 10/05/2009

Offense: Abuse Elder/Disabled-Injury
    Sentence: 5 years

Current Release Date: 06/11/2011
    ACTUAL TIME SERVED: 1 year 8 months 6 days

No WAY! For the abuse and indignity she suffered??

I truly appreciate the sentence updates you post on cases, Belinda, but sometimes I think I shouldn't read them because of things like this. A year and eight months...for deliberately torturing and starving your own mother to death...to save a dime. It just makes my blood boil.

Debbie3223 is offline Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light. :o)

Angry

its NOT ABUSE!!!! its premeditated slow murder.. GOD i wish.. karma was quicker.....wheres the MOB whern ya need em? murderers

www.givesmehope.com

Short, sweet, tear jerking 4-5 line stories one MUST read after reading true crime.

http://vodpod.com/watch/2135947-no-u...nse-is-expired

Hiliarous tribute to Kathy B... OMG too funny

One year and eight months.... the same amount of time they left this woman in her room to slowly die? That is pathetic. I am guessing they were fed daily, had running water and electricity for those 20 months?

This case disturbed me so very much. I don't understand the ridiculously light sentence. They tortured that woman to death. What kind of crap is elder abuse? Totally doesn't fit the crime. 1st Degree Premeditated Murder fits the crime. I lost my mother-in-law last June at 83 and I would have given anything to have had her even a minute longer. Every time we went out, we had to take her oxygen tank with us and I would have to run around to get a cart for her to ride on, which was somewhat difficult as I am rather limited myself. I didn't care. Every minute spent with her was a joy. I wish this could be true for all elderly people. I just don't understand......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast