JonBenet Murder Suspect's Relatives Offer Book, Movie Rights to Agent

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
news link
LOS ANGELES — John Mark Karr's relatives offered the movie and book rights to the family's story Wednesday in hopes of hiring a high-level attorney to defend the schoolteacher against charges he killed 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey.
Karr's father and brother hired actor, author and producer Larry Garrison to represent them in any media deals and to help them find a top attorney to represent Karr, who is in a Los Angeles jail awaiting transfer to Colorado to face allegations he killed the girl in 1996.

Garrison told AP that while the family's film and book rights are secured, no money has changed hands yet. He said he promised the Karrs a portion of any money made by the effort.

This is so hilarious. On the one hand they claim Karr is innocent. So if he is innocent what story are they going to sell? Who wants to buy movie rights to the movie about the guy who DIDN'T kill JBR?

The only story worth selling is the one that has Karr as JBR's murderer. A story about a pathetic pediophile who wants to be a girl and confessed to a crime he didn't commit isn't book or movie worthy. Ho hum. We see it every day on COPS.

This family has to decide which way they want it. I don't think I've seen a family lawyer up and look for the money faster than this one.

Niiiiiice.

This is becoming all too typical. The hands are already out, before HIS handcuffs (in CO) are even on.

You know, I am starting to see quite clearly why this family wasn't very close.

Sherlockmom said:
This is so hilarious. On the one hand they claim Karr is innocent. So if he is innocent what story are they going to sell? Who wants to buy movie rights to the movie about the guy who DIDN'T kill JBR?

The only story worth selling is the one that has Karr as JBR's murderer. A story about a pathetic pediophile who wants to be a girl and confessed to a crime he didn't commit isn't book or movie worthy. Ho hum. We see it every day on COPS.

This family has to decide which way they want it. I don't think I've seen a family lawyer up and look for the money faster than this one.
Ooh, how ugly this is getting.Knew something was odd about the family when the brother kept saying'he's a great family man' Yeah, like hell.This family are really low in the gutter if they are claiming innocence whilst trying to sell the story of the guy that killed little John Benet. I think they 'stink' if this is true.:sick: :sick: :sick:
Angry this is making me!

In Britain, criminals are not allowed to profit from their crime. is this not so in America?

I think police, jurors,witnesses who testify,or criminals should not be ble to profit from crimes.I believe it taints their testimony. This is my opinion only.
Amy

Floh said:
In Britain, criminals are not allowed to profit from their crime. is this not so in America?

Of course it taints their testimony. IMO too.

He can't directly profit, but I'm not sure it extends beyond him. While you can argue that hiring a great lawyer is profit directly to him, I'm just not sure how that "law" is written preceisely?

he hasn't been convicted yet so he can profit up until the time of conviction. after which point, the victim's family can sue him for any money that he may have collected. The family can profit at any point in time as long as none of that money ever transfers to the "convicted" defendant. Then the victim's family can sue them for any money they collected.

Books on pedophiles just don't sell. Diane Dimond painfully discovered that when her book on Michael Jackson flopped right out of the gate. Karr could sell his story to the National Enquirer, but that's about it.

Are these people for real????

He is a flipping nut case who cares about a movie or book about him???

Would a high-powered attorney even touch this guy? Maybe a wannabe, but then they'd probably do it for airtime, er, free. :rolleyes:

What was being reported last night was there have already been 3 dozen offers for free legal representation. There are many lawyers salivating for this coverage IMO.

OB

They haven't known if he was dead or alive for five years. His father thought he was dead.

But they want to make sure he has a good attorney now that he is alive.

Guess it wasn't a big concern that he might be languishing somewhere in a foreign prison.

Texana said:
They haven't known if he was dead or alive for five years. His father thought he was dead.

But they want to make sure he has a good attorney now that he is alive.

Guess it wasn't a big concern that he might be languishing somewhere in a foreign prison.
Hello Texana,:)
Good post,thank you.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Malapoo said:
He can't directly profit, but I'm not sure it extends beyond him. While you can argue that hiring a great lawyer is profit directly to him, I'm just not sure how that "law" is written preceisely?

Actually, the Son of Sam Law was overturned by the Supreme and a convicted creep CAN profit. Nancy Grace talks about it all time.

Um, actually Larry Garrison appeared on CNN a day or so ago to say that claims of his securing the rights to a tv or book deal were false.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back