Two Questions

sntemp

Reaction score
I have two questions completely unrelated but I didn't want to ask in two threads and waste space.

1) Is it possible that the DNA contamination is being floated so that people will discount it if JMK isn't a match? In other words people will just assume that the reason he didn't match was because the DNA sample was bad.

2) And does anyone beside myself and my wife think Nancy Grace is a nut bag? Honestly the only reason we watch her is for the comical value of seeing her make a fool out of herself.

sntemp said:
I have two questions completely unrelated but I didn't want to ask in two threads and waste space.

1) Is it possible that the DNA contamination is being floated so that people will discount it if JMK isn't a match? In other words people will just assume that the reason he didn't match was because the DNA sample was bad.
I doubt that...I mean...do you mean they're just saying the sample is bad when in reality it's not? Or that the sample is really bad?
Cause if it is a deception...then I suppose anything's possible...I just doubt it.

sntemp said:
2) And does anyone beside myself and my wife think Nancy Grace is a nut bag? Honestly the only reason we watch her is for the comical value of seeing her make a fool out of herself.
Oh...she's rather comical I think...overacting, really.

sntemp said:

I think the DNA both from the panties and the fingernails very well could be contaminated ie DNA from multiple persons. This means that the 10 markers in the panties DNA could be a collection of several peoples markers. I can't understand how they can be certain that the foreign DNA infact comes from one person.
If the DNA infact is a composite matching against this would be very misleading. Both ruling out a possible suspect because foreign markers are trying to be matched to him OR making a to strong case against an innocent because the composite happend to match him. DNA is a very tricky business and great care should be taken when trying to base a case on it.

Those are good questions.

Anything is possible, and I have a very strange feeling about this whole
thing.

As for Nancy Grace...she is very comical. LOL

Tristan said:
Those are good questions.

Anything is possible, and I have a very strange feeling about this whole
thing.

As for Nancy Grace...she is very comical. LOL
We don't have Nancy Grace could someone post a pikky of her. Everyone keeps mentioning her.Did she used to do a court show ?

...case is that is was irreperably contaminated when John Ramsey moved JBR's body, carreid it upstairs from the basement, and then brought it amidst a group of people. That being said, any DNA under JBR's fingernails would still be relatively "clean", as would anything found underneath her clothing.

However, since she was a small child who was not yet independent yet vis a vis toileting, it is possible that the DNA could have been from someone helping her...what is interesting to me is that we do not know if that DNA was swabbed from a wet (or previously wet) or a dry/unstained area of her clothing...This would also give us clues as to what was going on...

As we have a lot of onformaiton about what JBR's body looked like externally,a nd the garotte, etc., it would seem to me that the police are probably holding back informaiton on what her body looked like underneath her clothing, with the exception of showing/telling us about the strange marks on her body...

It may be that the "mytery DNA" that was found was from a Ramsey family member, but was too contaminated to be definitively determined a "match"...

Testing the DNA, finding it to not be a match, and then blaming it on contaminated or degraded or unrelated DNA, isn't very scientific. Its more like rationalizing the failed result to suit the POV that JK did it.

Same thing with the handwriting. Finding JK's handwriting to not be a match, and then blaming it on 'disguised' handwriting, done by someone whose handwriting 'changed over time' rationalizes the failed result to suit the POV.

If neither is a match, then JK wasn't involved.

1. ive thought that too, that they were just saying that about the DNA so no you arent the only ones.

2. i CANT STAND nancy grace, she is like nails on a chalkboard to me. shes a drama queen, she just irritates me to death. id rather watch tom brokaw than her any day of the week and i used to watch him and fall asleep!

I have a DNA question also, and since this is a more recent thread discussing it, I will ask it here.

When we watched Scott Peterson putting up signs for then missing Laci, he tore the tape with his teeth.

I am wondering if the tape on JB's mouth was tested for DNA that was other than hers and if so, did it yeild any?

I have only heard of DNA under her fingernails, and in her panties discussed.

I think many people share your opinion of Nancy Grace. Why, then, does she still have a TV presence?

sntemp said:

I couldn't agree more about Nancy Grace. I love when saturday Night Live makes fun of her. She's a joke.

"shes a drama queen"

Would you be talking about her fake crying or her over the top sympathy voice she has that she can switch in and out of better than I change the gears in my car?

yup, that is EXACTLY what i mean, i dont understand anyone taking her seriously. she reminds me of tammy faye baker...lol

We don't have Nancy Grace could someone post a pikky of her. Everyone keeps mentioning her.Did she used to do a court show ?
You can got to CNN.com/nancygrace and read up on her show and the transcripts from her shows are posted there the day after they appear. :)

She's a bit over the top since getting this show, but she is truly out for the victims and victims rights and speaks for them.

She was a PA for the DA's office, for many years, tried over 100 cases and NEVER lost one... You can see why if you watch her shows. :) Even the defense attorney's make those comments on her shows, from time to time about this is why she never lost a case and how they wouldnt' want to be opposite her in a courtroom... She doesn't miss a trick....

As I've said, since this show, though, she does get over the top and sometimes I want to tell her to tone it down, but her heart is in the right place.

sntemp said:

The problems with the DNA and forensics in general for this case are well-known. There is nothing new in this recent report. But I do agree that the Ramsey side will play it up so that a non-match will not completely exonerate Karr and he will always be able to be presented as a possible suspect should attention return to the Ramseys.

Nancy Grace is an embarassment. She does not do her homework. She also takes a side and cuts off people who disagree with her. She reminds me of a female Bill O'Reilly (although he is definitely worse).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back