S.B.T.C ... The real meaning ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canny

Reaction score
Could this be the real meaning of S.B.T.C?

The ransom note concluded with the single-word exclamation "Victory!" and was signed "S.B.T.C." Investigators are looking into whether those initials may stand for "shall be the conqueror." Other explanations have been proposed for those initials, including that they were a reference to the Subic Bay Training Center, a now-closed naval base where John Ramsey was stationed.

The ransom note clearly mentioned the word," A small foreign faction".
The Subic Bay Training Center, was located in the Philippines.:waitasec:

Superdave has posted an excellent link,
http://www.acandyrose.com/02182003dh911motion.pdf
Compare the Ransom Note and Patsy Ramsey's handwriting, and be your own judge.

"Could this be the real meaning of S.B.T.C?

The ransom note concluded with the single-word exclamation "Victory!" and was signed "S.B.T.C." Investigators are looking into whether those initials may stand for "shall be the conqueror." Other explanations have been proposed for those initials, including that they were a reference to the Subic Bay Training Center, a now-closed naval base where John Ramsey was stationed.

The ransom note clearly mentioned the word," A small foreign faction".
The Subic Bay Training Center, was located in the Philippines."

Hmmm.. One of my favorite Navy movies was released in May of 95 and was released to Video stores in June of 96. The movie is "Crimson Tide" with actors Gene Hackman and Denzel Washington. The movie starts out with Russian rebel forces (a splinter group from the regular Russian forces taking over some ICBM bases). Led by lunatic "Radchenko" who throws out crazy terms that if "1 Russian citizen is hurt" he will in return kill 900,000. By watching the DVD special features, the actor enjoyed adding crazy jargon to his regular movie lines.

Even though the Russian government assures the U.S. that the launch codes for these nukes have not been comprimised, the SUB U.S.S. Alabama is deployed to watch over the base and take out the silos if the U.S. detects they are being feuled.

Hackman plays Captain Ramsey (name just a coincedence surely) and Washington plays his XO Lt.Commander Hunter. A launch to prestrike is given to the Alabama ,but very soon after a rogue Russian sub attacks the Alabama severing the communications cable. Under attack the Alabama has to release "countermeasures" to deflect incoming missiles. A new order comes down during the attack but it is cut off, so that only a partial order is in hand.

And this is what the movie is about. A power play between the Captain and the XO. For the Alabama to launch it's missiles it takes both the Captain and the XO to concur. Captain Ramsey being old school believes the first order that came through is the valid order. XO Hunter much younger with a Harvard education believes communications need to be re-established before nuclear holocaust begin.

I could go on and on but the climatic ending comes when the fate of a billion people is in the hands of Viggo Mortenson (who plays Pete "Weps" Ince) and he is following the Captains orders to launch our missiles and he receives a frantic message from Washington to not launch. From a phone Washington repeats over and over "It's up to you, Weps! It's up to you!"

So there is an actual movie that resembles the beginning of the ransom note (small foreign faction/small Russian rebel force) to the end by stating "It's up to you John." The ranson note speaks of tactics and countermeasures and the movie uses those.

It even gets better with a great Star Trek reference. Remember there was supposedly a Star Trek poster found in the basement of the Ramsey home. The dialogue is between XO Hunter and Vossler, the guy trying to restore communications.

Hunter: You ever watch Star Trek?
Vossler: St- yeah, Star...
Hunter: Star Trek! The USS Enterprise? All right, now you remember when the Klingons were gonna blow up the Enterprise and Captain Kirk calls down to Scotty he says "Scotty, I gotta have more power-"
Vossler: He needs more, more warp speed, yeah.
Hunter: Warp speed, exactly. Now I'm Captain Kirk, you're Scotty, I need more power. I'm telling you if you do not get this radio up, a billion people are gonna die; now it's all up to you, I know it's a deal but you got it, can you handle it?

Anyways I think it's very possible the author of the ransom note saw the movie. It's even actually better than Clancy's "Hunt for Red October.

S.B.T.C

possibility: Such Bitter Tragedy Commences ???

Pure speculation but could be the utterings of guilt in code form.

See Begin Take Committee

Search Begin Take Company

Search Blood Torture Challenge

Seek Beat Torture Cost

Maybe SBTC is just random letters. The RN was written by someone pretending to be part of a foreign faction. Maybe SBTC is the acronym for their group. It might not actually stand for anything. It's the last words of the RN...Where someone would sign their name.

TO me it make no sense to put it there if someone was pretending to be someone else.

That is a marker for me that it does have some meaning and written by someone other than PR.

TO me it make no sense to put it there if someone was pretending to be someone else.

That is a marker for me that it does have some meaning and written by someone other than PR.

I don't see how the RN writer was not trying to be someone else. Unless you really think a foreign faction was behind JonBenet's murder?

I have always thought PR was the note writter and SBTC was "Saved By The Cross".

I don't see how the RN writer was not trying to be someone else. Unless you really think a foreign faction was behind JonBenet's murder?

No. At this point, I think that someone else was behind it and may have wrote the RN to throw the investigation off but I don't think it was PR.

The key to understanding this case is the signature of the case and that is the literature tied to the case. The rn was a small piece of literary fiction. The family Bible was found open to a Psalm that had an initialism connection to the sign off. S.B.T.C should not be separated from Victory!, they go together. That sentiment is the same as In Hoc Signo Vinces, in this sign victory or by this sign will you conquer.

The investigators speculated early on that crime books and movies were used as source material for staging. That theme should be expanded to looking at all literature connected to the case.

That would make PERFECT sense in my opinion if the writer (IMO PR) were intending to deceive.

I also believe that it was some subconscious or conscious feeling of guilt that is coded.

Saved By The Cross is said in evangelical circles.
And evangelical circles always refer to the victory of Christ over death.
Victory over death.
Hmm.
When someone dies still innocent (such as a baby or child dying) OR, when someone dies who has allowed Jesus into their heart to cover their sins and cleanses them of all their sins, that person is said to have died victorious.

Colorado Wild Fires. SBTC Disaster Relief Volunteers

http://sbtexas.com/am-site/media/dr-report-update-7913.pdf

http://thedrunkablog.blogspot.com/2006/08/sbtc.html

http://www.globaltennisnetwork.com/network/tennis-ladder/home/864_4374-sbtc-mens-35

http://www.buildzoom.com/contractor/sbtc-inc

http://*************.net/index.php?topic=236.305;wap2

http://www.rockymountainmurdermysteries.com/newsletter308.pdf

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/USHG/LN_sI86T-fg

Just a sampling of all local things that it could stand for *SBTC*

and this winner from 2006 when other's brainstormed the proposed meaning:

September 4, 2006, 10:12 pm, Mon Sep 4 22:12:40 CDT 2006

SBTC on your phone keypad...
I can't take any credit for this, but just read it over at WS. A poster named miles407 had this brainstorm.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42925"]SBTC IS 7282 IS "PATC" - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

On your phone keypad, the numbers correspond with 3 or 4 letters.

Look for "SBTC" - the numbers are 7282. Also at 7282 - PATC. PAT-C. Get it?

...Don't underestimate us John. Use that good southern common sense of yours. It is up to you now John! Victory! PAT-C

What do you think?

Editing to add: as a kid, I used to toy with funky ways to spell "Sandy" - like S&E, or SAN-D....

That's right, and Evangelical Christianity is based on the Bible, a work of fictional/oral historical/mythogical LITERATURE.

Literature is the key that binds this case together.

Search By The Cellar......Victory

victory,Son Burke The Conqueror

never thought of the possibility that he wrote it,don't think he did but you never know?maybe if he had an elder accomplice/friend?

if PDI,

victory,She Beat The Cancer

lots and lots of possibilties

guess we'll never know

Stop Being The Controller.

Aimed at JR.

Agree with your interpretation of associating JR with being a Controller. Using your theory, would that mean whoever wrote the note must have known JR very, very well?

I'm going to make some statements about Controllers that are backed up strictly from my own experience - having been raised by one, eventually married (now detached) from one, and as a result having professional spiritual and medical therapy which helped to enable me to recognize that personality phenomenon in others and deal with it accordingly:

*A Controller is often at least somewhat recognizable OCD to nearly everyone in their lives, even though they can keep their traits very well managed and disguised from casual acquaintances - they just appear so "organized" and "polished".
*A Controller will keep his/her agenda to the forefront and be able to manipulate you into compromising your own agenda, feel like you completely agree and support theirs, though you "wish they might have agreed with you just this once".
*A Controller will usually appear pleasant, calm, and comfortable in most social circles and activities - giving the appearance they are having a nice time, and if attending with a spouse or close family member will commence to make simple remarks about how they might have "done it this way or that" the minute everyone gets in the car for the return trip home. Usually the remarks are said with a snide or demeaning tone.
*A Controller will have his/her own idea formulated from beginning to end when asked to participate in any group "think tank" either as an equal or as a leader. No one else's input will challenge them to consider a compromise. Compromise is of no value to them, and when absolutely necessary due to group dynamics, the Controller will usually bow out at that point from any further group participation, or will hold a silent grudge waiting for the first opportunity to sabotage or at least say "I told you so", gently and with superiority, if the group's method goes awry. Usually, though, the Controller hangs tough or uses their position to win everyone over their way - no thanks offered for the concession of many - just confidence everyone will benefit from the Controllers idea, plan, and decisions along the way.
*A Controller might have a very explosive outburst, which can be triggered by any short-circuit word or activity that keeps them from having their immediate need or want met. You will usually not know what did or can set them off. And you will always be the reason they blew up.

OK, I have to quit now, or I'll need to sign up for more therapy. Anyway, unless you are in close contact repeatedly and frequently with a Controller, it is easy to be "snake-charmed" by them into seeing them as a regular Joe just doing the best they can to keep their world a good place.

Whoever wrote the RN, by saying, "It's up to you now John", very well may have used that as a volley to him and his arrogance of thinking he could mastermind anything, OR it was a very cool, calm, statement allowing for John's ability to take the situation into hand and completely bear the ability to manage everything without needing help from any other sources.

All :moo:, coupled with just my :twocents:

Agree with your interpretation of associating JR with being a Controller. Using your theory, would that mean whoever wrote the note must have known JR very, very well?

I'm going to make some statements about Controllers that are backed up strictly from my own experience - having been raised by one, eventually married (now detached) from one, and as a result having professional spiritual and medical therapy which helped to enable me to recognize that personality phenomenon in others and deal with it accordingly:

*A Controller is often at least somewhat recognizable OCD to nearly everyone in their lives, even though they can keep their traits very well managed and disguised from casual acquaintances - they just appear so "organized" and "polished".
*A Controller will keep his/her agenda to the forefront and be able to manipulate you into compromising your own agenda, feel like you completely agree and support theirs, though you "wish they might have agreed with you just this once".
*A Controller will usually appear pleasant, calm, and comfortable in most social circles and activities - giving the appearance they are having a nice time, and if attending with a spouse or close family member will commence to make simple remarks about how they might have "done it this way or that" the minute everyone gets in the car for the return trip home. Usually the remarks are said with a snide or demeaning tone.
*A Controller will have his/her own idea formulated from beginning to end when asked to participate in any group "think tank" either as an equal or as a leader. No one else's input will challenge them to consider a compromise. Compromise is of no value to them, and when absolutely necessary due to group dynamics, the Controller will usually bow out at that point from any further group participation, or will hold a silent grudge waiting for the first opportunity to sabotage or at least say "I told you so", gently and with superiority, if the group's method goes awry. Usually, though, the Controller hangs tough or uses their position to win everyone over their way - no thanks offered for the concession of many - just confidence everyone will benefit from the Controllers idea, plan, and decisions along the way.
*A Controller might have a very explosive outburst, which can be triggered by any short-circuit word or activity that keeps them from having their immediate need or want met. You will usually not know what did or can set them off. And you will always be the reason they blew up.

OK, I have to quit now, or I'll need to sign up for more therapy. Anyway, unless you are in close contact repeatedly and frequently with a Controller, it is easy to be "snake-charmed" by them into seeing them as a regular Joe just doing the best they can to keep their world a good place.

Whoever wrote the RN, by saying, "It's up to you now John", very well may have used that as a volley to him and his arrogance of thinking he could mastermind anything, OR it was a very cool, calm, statement allowing for John's ability to take the situation into hand and completely bear the ability to manage everything without needing help from any other sources.

All :moo:, coupled with just my :twocents:

Wow what a spin that was! :)

I more see that as someone who worked for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member