1205 users online (241 members and 964 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2 Things that have me wondering

Wouldn't John's family members know if his handwriting resembled the RN so why haven't they asked anyone who recently knew him and does anyone else think that the knot around her neck would be a bigger clue, I mean how people go around tying that kind of knot? Does John know how to tie that kind of knot?

Quote Originally Posted by conniej
    Wouldn't John's family members know if his handwriting resembled the RN so why haven't they asked anyone who recently knew him and does anyone else think that the knot around her neck would be a bigger clue, I mean how people go around tying that kind of knot? Does John know how to tie that kind of knot?

From what I've read, he hadn't been in touch with his family since 2001. I would think someone could find some writing from around the time of the murder though. Good thoughts about the knot on the rope, but he can't be asked to do that now that he's in custody.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

From what I read back then, the knot was analyzed and experts disagreed on whether it was a complicated or easy knot.

As far as the family goes, I just heard that police told his family to say nothing else. So we probably won't get any info from them - just from friends or acquaintances. So far though, that is a lot.

I agree that the knot is a unique piece of evidence. I would not know how to tie a knot like that.

What kind of knot would that be Connie?

I have not seen a good photo of the knot. However, when asking do people know how to tie such and such knot, I find that only prior examples of their knot tying are useful. People can claim or disclaim any knowledge.

I served 4 years in the Navy. In know how to tie a few knots, but I don't have a lot of knot tying knowledge. My job dealt with radar and I didn't really do much knot tying.

I don't know that the knot was particularly hard to tie. The garrote has always been written of as if it were some exotic S&M device that only a really kinky person would know about. The more I learn of the garrote, the more it seems like a piece of rope wraped around the neck and tightend with a stick - somewhat like a tournaquet (sp?)

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    What kind of knot would that be Connie?
    I thought she was talking about the one on the garotte.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    I thought she was talking about the one on the garotte.
    Yeah I'm sure she is, but I'd like to know what type of knot she thinks it is.

Well, the whole garrote contraption seems kinda complicated to me, I know that it doesn't seem likely that an average person would be able to make it.

Does John know how to tie that kind of knot?
    To which John are you referring???

Well, the whole garrote contraption seems kinda complicated to me, I know that it doesn't seem likely that an average person would be able to make it.
    Well, that's not what the experts think, apparently a child could have done it.

I will try and find a source for you

Karr.

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Well, that's not what the experts think, apparently a child could have done it.

I will try and find a source for you
    Very interesting. I've never heard that.

It's identical to the tourniquets described in Girl Scout, Boy Scout, & Campfire Girl first aid handbooks.

John Wayne gacey used an identical garrotte in his killings.

Thanks, I didn't realize that!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast