2 Things that have me wondering

conniej

Reaction score
Wouldn't John's family members know if his handwriting resembled the RN so why haven't they asked anyone who recently knew him and does anyone else think that the knot around her neck would be a bigger clue, I mean how people go around tying that kind of knot? Does John know how to tie that kind of knot?

:waitasec:

conniej said:
Wouldn't John's family members know if his handwriting resembled the RN so why haven't they asked anyone who recently knew him and does anyone else think that the knot around her neck would be a bigger clue, I mean how people go around tying that kind of knot? Does John know how to tie that kind of knot?

From what I've read, he hadn't been in touch with his family since 2001. I would think someone could find some writing from around the time of the murder though. Good thoughts about the knot on the rope, but he can't be asked to do that now that he's in custody.

From what I read back then, the knot was analyzed and experts disagreed on whether it was a complicated or easy knot.

As far as the family goes, I just heard that police told his family to say nothing else. So we probably won't get any info from them - just from friends or acquaintances. So far though, that is a lot.

conniej said:

I agree that the knot is a unique piece of evidence. I would not know how to tie a knot like that.

conniej said:

What kind of knot would that be Connie?

I have not seen a good photo of the knot. However, when asking do people know how to tie such and such knot, I find that only prior examples of their knot tying are useful. People can claim or disclaim any knowledge.

I served 4 years in the Navy. In know how to tie a few knots, but I don't have a lot of knot tying knowledge. My job dealt with radar and I didn't really do much knot tying.

I don't know that the knot was particularly hard to tie. The garrote has always been written of as if it were some exotic S&M device that only a really kinky person would know about. The more I learn of the garrote, the more it seems like a piece of rope wraped around the neck and tightend with a stick - somewhat like a tournaquet (sp?)

southcitymom said:
I thought she was talking about the one on the garotte.
Yeah I'm sure she is, but I'd like to know what type of knot she thinks it is.

Well, the whole garrote contraption seems kinda complicated to me, I know that it doesn't seem likely that an average person would be able to make it.

conniej said:
Well, the whole garrote contraption seems kinda complicated to me, I know that it doesn't seem likely that an average person would be able to make it.
Well, that's not what the experts think, apparently a child could have done it.

I will try and find a source for you :)

conniej said:

It's identical to the tourniquets described in Girl Scout, Boy Scout, & Campfire Girl first aid handbooks.

John Wayne gacey used an identical garrotte in his killings.

BillyGoatGruff said:
It's identical to the tourniquets described in Girl Scout, Boy Scout, & Campfire Girl first aid handbooks.

John Wayne gacey used an identical garrotte in his killings.
Wasn't Burke in Boy Scouts?

Also, I'm pretty sure the Ramsey's owned a sail boat. I think John and his older kids raced it in Chicago.

"Well, the whole garrote contraption seems kinda complicated to me, I know that it doesn't seem likely that an average person would be able to make it."

I can! And have many times. The experts said ANYONE could have done it.

"Very interesting. I've never heard that."

Mike Kane on the Abrams transcript from July 2003.

Delmar England claims to be an expert on knots and has an analysis that suggests it was done by an amature trying to make it look like what he thought someone experienced in "garroting" would make.

http://www.acandyrose.com/delmarengland.htm

England points out that it is the Ramsey/Smit side who consistantly refer to the garrote as "sophisticated", "professional", "skilled", etc. This, he feels, was done to suggest the Ramseys couldn't have made the garrote.

According to England, it is the very opposite of what would have been made by a professional, sophisticated, skilled person.

The BPD hired an expert in knots from the RCMP to examine it....and he described it as a Prusik (sp?) knot.

John Ramsey is a sailor...Burke Ramsey took sailing lessons in Charlevoix and he was a boy scout. Patsy claims that Burke had a rope and that he would play "boat" outside in the back yard.

That is a great idea to have JMK tie the same knot found around JonBenet's neck. My bet is that he cannot do it.

Toltec said:
That is a great idea to have JMK tie the same knot found around JonBenet's neck. My bet is that he cannot do it.

Respectfully, it wouldn't prove a thing if he couldn't tie it. Anyone who really can tie it would be able to pretend not to be able to do it.

I can tie a square knot, but if the police wanted to link me to a murder involving a square knot, I'd give them a granny knot every time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back