1314 users online (257 members and 1057 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
  1. #1

    Why don't you state in the headers...

    That you allow flaming and intolerance to any theories other that RDI?

    I would have moved on easily. This place really has no room for theorizing and ideas swapping. I can't even SEE through the posts sent out like missles to immediately silence anyone and anything that doesn't fit with the RDI crowd.

    Fine - Tricia thinks they did it - so why even bother allowing anyone else? because you get bored agreeing with each other and pattig each other on the back so let in people who debate and discuss so we can bait and attack?


    This is so outright exactly how it is - you are all absolutely humoring yourselves if you even attempt to say this isn't how it is. I'll admit there are a very few RDI's out there that allow a debate or theory without throwing a bunch of bad unproven statements around like arsonal - but very few.


    You want us out - Just say so! And don't say - you can not reqad what you want - that's a cop-out for not moderating properly.


    Still on the fence TB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    BAY AREA
    Posts
    10,338
    Quote Originally Posted by T Broodwater
    That you allow flaming and intolerance to any theories other that RDI?

    I would have moved on easily. This place really has no room for theorizing and ideas swapping. I can't even SEE through the posts sent out like missles to immediately silence anyone and anything that doesn't fit with the RDI crowd.

    Fine - Tricia thinks they did it - so why even bother allowing anyone else? because you get bored agreeing with each other and pattig each other on the back so let in people who debate and discuss so we can bait and attack?


    This is so outright exactly how it is - you are all absolutely humoring yourselves if you even attempt to say this isn't how it is. I'll admit there are a very few RDI's out there that allow a debate or theory without throwing a bunch of bad unproven statements around like arsonal - but very few.


    You want us out - Just say so! And don't say - you can not reqad what you want - that's a cop-out for not moderating properly.


    Still on the fence TB

    Hey you know TB if you do not like this place then you do not have to stay here.And no I am not attacking you.I do not know if the Ramsey's did it or not. But I can say Karr is a nutcase that he could pick up timelines and info on the NET that he said.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.


    http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

  3. #3
    That's cool! Anyone else?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,878
    I'm new here, but I don't find it to be that way at all. You can start a thread claiming an IDI. You'll have to expect RDI folks to respond and ask how that fits with ........ and with ........ and so on. IOW you don't just get to say an IDI and not have anyone disagree with you. But you definitely can advocate IDI theory.

    There was a thread started a couple days ago by a newbie asking for IDI theorists to list their reasons and explain their thinking. Why not get on that and state your case?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    292
    Dear Broodwater,

    I guess I must have my head in the sand or something, as I have not had the experience here that you are referencing in this post. I do hope that you will stick it out and give things a chance.

    I do not know who killed JB, there are times more often than not that I always felt that the Ramseys had something to do with it, but then I did not follow the case here when it happend, I was strickly going on what I was interpreting in their actions following the death of their child. There was nothing scientific about my feelings and I knew I could have them.

    When the Karr story first broke I went kind of Whew ...good, I was wrong. Then he opened up his mouth, and well his own words created doubt in me that he has anything to do with this crime.

    Now he is in Boulder, again I never ever thought that would happen either, so now I feel well the DA must know what she is doing and I want to stick around and find out what she has up her sleeve.

    I joined and participated rampantly during the Laci case, I always held to the fact that SP did the deed. I remember some very vocal people who rampantly proclaimed his innocence, and thrashed those of us who refused to consider anything else other than SP. That did not bother me, it is all part of being a member of an internet forum, and then the truth came out, and we shook hands and moved on.

    Please if something has been said that upset you, try not to take it personal. People are very heavily emotionally involved in the discussions of this case, after all it has been around for ten years and people have devoted a long time into their own personal research of the case (I have not by the way, that is why I ask so many questions) they feel strongly one way or the other and it does not always come across as nice, but I just bet no one really means to hurt anyones feelings, people just want the truth.
    dragonfly >!<

  6. #6
    Oh yeah absolutely - it doesn't exsist.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by T Broodwater
    That you allow flaming and intolerance to any theories other that RDI?

    I would have moved on easily. This place really has no room for theorizing and ideas swapping. I can't even SEE through the posts sent out like missles to immediately silence anyone and anything that doesn't fit with the RDI crowd.

    Fine - Tricia thinks they did it - so why even bother allowing anyone else? because you get bored agreeing with each other and pattig each other on the back so let in people who debate and discuss so we can bait and attack?


    This is so outright exactly how it is - you are all absolutely humoring yourselves if you even attempt to say this isn't how it is. I'll admit there are a very few RDI's out there that allow a debate or theory without throwing a bunch of bad unproven statements around like arsonal - but very few.


    You want us out - Just say so! And don't say - you can not reqad what you want - that's a cop-out for not moderating properly.


    Still on the fence TB
    Oh, my gosh...I believe nearly 100% that Patsy did this on her own. I have believed that for years. However, when things pop up like this Karr fiasco, I am more than willing to embrace any and all possible solutions to this case.

    I hope against hope that someone, anyone, other than this baby's own mother killed her. So, yes, I welcome posters who have a different opinion. I think we all do.

    edited to add: I have been to many forums and this is one of the most open-minded forums on the internet. I never understood why this whole thing is a battle anyway, you know?

    I mean, here we are a bunch of living, breathing adult human beings who are actually more concerned over who the other guy thinks killed a precious little child than we are about the fact that we are talking about a little girl who has been murdered.

    (Phew...now that I have that run-on sentence off of my chest, I feel much better, )

    What I am trying to say is this: Who cares who you think did it? Who cares who I think did it? Let's figure out together who killed her and then we can pretend that the killer's identity somehow matters to JonBenet.
    Last edited by WolfmarsGirl; 08-24-2006 at 10:06 PM. Reason: more to say
    The above is my opinion only based on published accounts of the case.

  8. #8
    You don't seem to understand. I don;t take it personally - I just find it glaringly obvious that you have an imbalance that injures your own good intentions.



    I don't mind not posting here - I figure maybe someone else might though.


    I don't care - go on as you do. Or become something great.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    4,175
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly707
    Dear Broodwater,

    I guess I must have my head in the sand or something, as I have not had the experience here that you are referencing in this post. I do hope that you will stick it out and give things a chance.

    I do not know who killed JB, there are times more often than not that I always felt that the Ramseys had something to do with it, but then I did not follow the case here when it happend, I was strickly going on what I was interpreting in their actions following the death of their child. There was nothing scientific about my feelings and I knew I could have them.

    When the Karr story first broke I went kind of Whew ...good, I was wrong. Then he opened up his mouth, and well his own words created doubt in me that he has anything to do with this crime.

    Now he is in Boulder, again I never ever thought that would happen either, so now I feel well the DA must know what she is doing and I want to stick around and find out what she has up her sleeve.

    I joined and participated rampantly during the Laci case, I always held to the fact that SP did the deed. I remember some very vocal people who rampantly proclaimed his innocence, and thrashed those of us who refused to consider anything else other than SP. That did not bother me, it is all part of being a member of an internet forum, and then the truth came out, and we shook hands and moved on.

    Please if something has been said that upset you, try not to take it personal. People are very heavily emotionally involved in the discussions of this case, after all it has been around for ten years and people have devoted a long time into their own personal research of the case (I have not by the way, that is why I ask so many questions) they feel strongly one way or the other and it does not always come across as nice, but I just bet no one really means to hurt anyones feelings, people just want the truth.
    Broadwater, I for one enjoyed your theory.Stick around, do not let it get to 'ya. I had a similar theory myself but I am not 100% either way. I think that how can people be truly convince when some of the'facts' are missing. We do not know everything there is to know about this case .

  10. #10
    It wasn't my theory.But I'm sure Juliet would enjoy the kind words.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,026
    TB,

    You and your opinions are welcome here. I have found plenty of lively discussion and give and take on this forum.

    Yes, people have strong opinions here. That's probably the nature of most people who would be interested in being a member of a board like this.

    I have followed a number of your posts and the responses and I am unsure why you feel that this is a RDI-only place. Forums do take on a shape and character of their own. I think if you stick around and do some real reading, you will find a number of different opinions regarding this case. RDI-purists, IDI-purists and many folks somewhere in between.

    I agree - don't read what doesn't seem to serve your investigation. It's a BIG place and there are plenty of other posts to look at.

  12. #12
    Yes - I can pretend not to see the obvious too. Doesn't make it so.


    I came here to maybe be pushed off the fence by reason and GOOD investigative facts - this is just not the place to do that I see.

    No one likes anything crammed down their throats - you can tell me all night about how you just "Never see such a "thang" from these nice folks" - but uh - you're obviously just trying to play nice!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,183
    Quote Originally Posted by T Broodwater
    Yes - I can pretend not to see the obvious too. Doesn't make it so.


    I came here to maybe be pushed off the fence by reason and GOOD investigative facts - this is just not the place to do that I see.

    No one likes anything crammed down their throats - you can tell me all night about how you just "Never see such a "thang" from these nice folks" - but uh - you're obviously just trying to play nice!!
    Broodwater
    At the moment everyone's emotions are raw.
    I suggest you go back through the threads and read up, you will find answers there.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    292
    TB I tried. I hope you find what you feel that you need. I do know that some people do not "play nice" but I simply ignore them. I make it a practice to "play nice" where ever I go, and realize that not all people will act civilly much less like adults. I just choose not to sweat the small stuff.

    I applaud you though for stating your peace and conscience. I honestly don't find things around here much different than when River and Pook ran the place, they gave us free reign on our discussions, but when we attacked each other with venom we ended up in the parking lot...which by the way still exists so I suspect things are pretty much the same now.
    dragonfly >!<

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,026
    Quote Originally Posted by T Broodwater
    Yes - I can pretend not to see the obvious too. Doesn't make it so.


    I came here to maybe be pushed off the fence by reason and GOOD investigative facts - this is just not the place to do that I see.

    No one likes anything crammed down their throats - you can tell me all night about how you just "Never see such a "thang" from these nice folks" - but uh - you're obviously just trying to play nice!!
    Believe me when I say I doubt anyone could tell you anything for very long, much less all night.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12
    By nursebeeme in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1992
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 10:03 AM
  2. The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11
    By nursebeeme in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 2098
    Last Post: 01-22-2013, 09:15 AM
  3. The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10
    By nursebeeme in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1697
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 12:12 PM
  4. State bird, state flower, state gun?
    By Snoopster in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 11:15 PM