804 users online (117 members and 687 guests)  

Websleuths News

106mph Wind Gust In Laporte, Indiana!

Destructive Straight Line Winds in LaPorte County

A National Weather Service assessment team has preliminarily concluded a damage survey of the affected areas. All damage that was observed was consistent with straight line wind damage. There was no evidence of a tornado.

A supercell thunderstorm developed Wednesday afternoon along a lake breeze boundary just south of Milwaukee, Wisconsin . The storm moved southeast and then south over the lake continuing to intensify. As the storm moved onshore in Michigan City, Indiana, a 106 mph wind gust was recorded at the GLERL observation site near the Michigan City lighthouse. The storm produced extensive damage in Michigan City with numerous trees and power lines down, some on cars and buildings. A train was blown off the tracks in northern Porter County . Golf ball sized hail, which covered the ground in places, was also reported with this storm. Washington Park was especially hard hit as thunderstorm winds swept in off the lake. The largest in water boat show in the Great Lakes was setting up in the park for a 4 day show. Several boats and trailers were destroyed, and the tents and merchandise were significantly damaged and scattered all over.

The storm continued to produce damage as it moved south through LaPorte County with extensive damage in Westville and the City of LaPorte . As the storm continued south into Starke County , tennis ball sized hail was reported along U.S. Route 30, a few miles west of Hamlet. The storm continued to produce large hail and strong winds as it dropped south through Pulaski and White counties with damage reported in Winamac, Medaryville, and Monticello .

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/iwx/?n=laportedamage8_23_06

Holy Cow that is a STRONG wind gust!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Even thought it's a ways from us, I had a call during my radio show from someone at La Porte describing the scene, and it sounded like a war zone. Absolutely unreal!

I remember monitoring this storm on the radar, and thinking it looked like one of the worst storms I have ever seen. Unfortunately, it delivered.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.