766 users online (93 members and 673 guests)  

Websleuths News

Ebay - Making $$$ off a Tragedy

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wendy-Hutchens-J...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Portrait-of-John...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHNKARRTRIAL-CO...QQcmdZViewItem

***If this information has already been posted, please feel free to remove this post or instruct me how to remove it.
    Thank you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GenaBena, my only sibling,
    In the time line of life, it wasn't supposed to happen this way.
    We were supposed to grow old together.
    Sleep Peacefully, Li'l Sis
    October 16, 2011

~~~~~~~~~~

Amity

Consciousness:
    That annoying time between naps.

Why would anyone want.....

wow! Strange that Wendy Hutchins is so eager to sell this stuff.i'd be hanging on to it. This comes after I saw her on Larry King and thought her story intersting.No doubt that is Karr on the tapes. I can't think why anyone would want the painting but who knows. Ditto for the Domain name.

Making money while there's interest in Karr. i noticed the initial item has a starting bid of $1,499.00.

who's first?

the domain name, JOHNKARRTRIAL.COM, will go to some sad sucker, i'll bet.

but surely it should be JOHNMARKKARRTRIAL.COM ?

shoddy, very shoddy.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzbar
    wow! Strange that Wendy Hutchins is so eager to sell this stuff.i'd be hanging on to it. This comes after I saw her on Larry King and thought her story intersting.No doubt that is Karr on the tapes. I can't think why anyone would want the painting but who knows. Ditto for the Domain name.
    It says it is a copy, the only copy offered to the public (she is keeping the original). I would wager she could use the money; she clearly had a rough and not a luxurious life. Everyone seems to think this is so gross to try to profit from her notes and journal. I don't; she performed a service by interviewing this criminally insane and dangerous man for the FBI, only to be brushed aside when they decided he wasn't that dangerous. He's been roaming free for 5 years since the police heard the tapes and read his emails to her, and didn't put out a manhunt for him when he skipped town. Who is right now about him? That is the point.

The painting of Karr and the domain name, however, offered by unknown persons on ebay are in horrible taste.

Well, what's the difference between her selling her stuff and Nancy, Katherine, Gretta, et all selling commercials during their show in which they are talking about the case?

None.

Cal

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Here's another one and it is getting some hits ----http://cgi.ebay.com/Hamilton-High-Yearbook-1983-John-Mark-Karr-Senior-Year_W0QQitemZ160022275143QQihZ006QQcategoryZ378QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

WHy not??

Susan Bennet is selling a play on ebay. There is a thread here about it somewhere.

Seems that everyone is making money and getting their 15 of fame out of this case.

I wish I still had my copy of "A Mother Gone Bad".

There's only one copy available on amazon, and it's $250.00.

Just call me See-Saw

Kazzbar,
    After lots of thought on this subject, I'm with you....I'd be hanging on to it too! My older Grandkids (11 & 12) are just now starting to ask about this case because of the name they hear around my house once in awhile..."JonBenet".
    I'd keep whatever I had so that if they are interested in a few more years they can read the information for themselves.
    I too feel it's Karr on the tapes.

Floh,
    Well, I can empty my piggy bank and those of my Grands and if you empty yours, maybe we can come up with a good portion of the $1,499??

Aspidistra,
    I think you're right in that if Wendy grew up in the same non-affluent neighborhood as JK, her life must not have had any of the nicer extras and maybe she sees this as her chance to "get back" or maybe she feels she's owed at least this much (whatever amount she gets from her auction) or "entitled" after all she did for them and then was brushed aside by the PD.
    But the painting? Someone could give it to me for free and it wouldn't enter my home. Even if he didn't kill JBR, he's a pedo. No way would anything glorifying a pedo be anywhere near my home with my knowledge. Anyone who hurts a child should not and never be glorified in any way, shape or form. JMO, of course.

Calus,
    I hadn't thought about that. And honestly, I don't know how I feel about the making money off a tragedy....not that I haven't bounced it around in my widew gray matter half of the day today. I'm see-sawing. One minute I think it's shameful and disrespectful to the victim and their families and another minute, I think as I posted above about Wendy H....maybe she feels "entitled" after all the work she did for the PD and got brushed aside.

Poco,
    The yearbook is up to $38 now, and it still has three more days left in the auction! I just put it on my Ebay Watch Page because, well, frankly, I'm really curious to see what someone would pay to see an eensy-weensy picture of JK....and probably a black and white pic at that!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Hamilton-High-Yearbook-1983-John-Mark-Karr-Senior-Year_W0QQitemZ160022275143QQihZ006QQcategoryZ378QQ %20ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anraann,
    You're right....SB is selling a "play" on ebay. From some of the things I've read online (not here-at other forums): she's in her right, she's qualified being as she's put so much effort into this case from the beginning. Keep in mind, these are just things I've read about SB in regards to putting her play on Ebay, not my own opinion as I have still not come to terms with how I feel about the whole making money off a tragedy syndrome.

Wenchie,
    That's the book that was written by Hodges, right? (I've read so many I forget who wrote what! )
    If that's the same book, I lent mine to a "friend" and never got it back. She told me last Christmas she was going to give it back to me as a Christmas Gift. I didn't get it....I got a box of hankies.
    I just checked and there's one on Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Mother-Gone-Bad-by-Andrew-Gerry-Hodges-JONBENET-RAMSEY_W0QQitemZ270021335495QQihZ017QQcategoryZ378 QQssPageNameZWD10VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    Now I wonder if it's my friend that's selling my book??!!??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    October 16, 2011

~~~~~~~~~~

Amity

Consciousness:

Here's someone with a great sense of humour. Selling authentic pinecones from the Boulder house garden!

http://cgi.ebay.com/JonBenet-Ramsey-...QQcmdZViewItem
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    Here's someone with a great sense of humour. Selling authentic pinecones from the Boulder house garden!

http://cgi.ebay.com/JonBenet-Ramsey-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Jayelles,
    It's Gone, It's gone already! I didn't get to see it.
    Geesh, this latest with JBR is sure keeping Ebay busy. They are pulling auctions off right and left! Wonder why they haven't pulled the auctions off that I first posted? Hmmm.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    October 16, 2011

~~~~~~~~~~

Amity

Consciousness:

Quote Originally Posted by Amity
    Jayelles,
    Geesh, this latest with JBR is sure keeping Ebay busy. They are pulling auctions off right and left! Wonder why they haven't pulled the auctions off that I first posted? Hmmm.....
    I don't know. The starting bid was $99. I thought it was funny - obviously someone "making a point" about the profiteering that's been going on.
    This is only my opinion

Alert Viewer in Scotland

omgosh i got tha book just wasteing on my shelf

Quote Originally Posted by Amity
    Jayelles,
    The pictures gone and awh, I was gonna buy it to hang in the lounge room!

Here's someone else with a sense of humour! - John Mark Karr car only $100

http://cgi.ebay.com/John-Mark-Karr-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Someone else has registered the JohnKarrTrial domain name and is offering it for sale at $800. (I reckon these listings might get pulled!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHNKARRTRIAL-CO...QQcmdZViewItem
    This is only my opinion

Alert Viewer in Scotland