Media Links Only

JBRMod2

Reaction score
No discussion please - just post the media links on this thread.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,210407,00.html

Murder Suspect's Brother: Karr Didn't Kill JonBenet
Friday, August 25, 2006

BOULDER, Colo. — John Mark Karr's brother insisted Friday that Karr did not kill JonBenet Ramsey. "Absolutely not. Emphatically. Without a doubt," Nate Karr said in a television interview.

Karr told ABC's "Good Morning America" he was certain his brother spent Christmas 1996, when JonBenet was slain, with his family.

"Well I can say almost without question that from the time that John had children he has never missed a Christmas with his family, and that's any Christmas," Karr told "Good Morning America."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/25/ramsey.arrest/index.html

A plane belonging to the Colorado State Patrol brought Karr to Colorado on Thursday, ending days of speculation regarding when his transfer from California would take place.

The plane touched down at Jefferson County Airport, between Denver and Boulder, at 4:58 p.m. (6:58 p.m. ET). It departed Long Beach, California, several hours earlier.

The Ramsey riddle

"Let me put it this way," DeAngelo said. "Mary Lacy (Boulder district attorney) and Pete Mcguire (top assistant) are two of the best prosecutors I've ever worked with, and I've worked with probably 200 of them. If their signature is on that warrant, you can be assured they have something good on him."

Ex-landlord says Karr bragged he was sexual 'wolf'

A man who rented a room to John Mark Karr in Costa Rica told The Associated Press that Karr bragged to his landlord there that "sexually, I am like a wolf." He also said he preferred young girls to women, according to the landlord, John Hall, 42. Hall told the AP he asked Karr to find other accommodations after about five weeks.

Day-care license obtained after murder

Six months after JonBenet Ramsey's death, John Mark Karr obtained a license to run a day care out of his Alabama home, The Associated Press reported. A spokesman with the Alabama Department of Human Resources said a background check turned up no problems. The license allowed Karr to provide care for as many as six children at a time, ranging in age from birth to 14 years old. The spokesman told the AP that Karr cared for at least three children. *advertiser censored* charges followed inquiry in 1997 slaying

http://insidedenver.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4943730,00.html

Clock Ticking
From the Daily Camera

Clock ticking
Karr's arrival presses DA to build case

By Brittany Anas and Ryan Morgan, Camera Staff Writers
August 25, 2006

John Mark Karr arrived in Boulder on Thursday, turning up the pressure on prosecutors to develop a case against a man whose name they learned only two weeks ago.

Karr's first court appearance could be as early as today. At the hearing, the man suspected of murdering JonBenet Ramsey will be advised of the charges against him and of his legal rights.

Brother says Karr is innocent

Brother: John Mark Karr 'without a doubt' didn't kill JonBenet Ramsey
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) — John Mark Karr's brother insisted Friday that Karr did not kill JonBenet Ramsey. "Absolutely not. Emphatically. Without a doubt," Nate Karr said in a television interview.

Karr told ABC's "Good Morning America" he was certain his brother spent Christmas 1996, when JonBenet was slain, with his family.

"Well I can say almost without question that from the time that John had children he has never missed a Christmas with his family, and that's any Christmas," said Karr, who appeared on the show with his father, Wexford Karr.

"If he was away from his family during Christmas it would have been a family scandal," Nate Karr said.

Link to People Magazine

John Mark Karr: In His Words
THURSDAY AUGUST 24, 2006 02:00PM EST

While in custody in Bangkok last week, John Mark Karr, the suspect in the 1996 killing of JonBenet Ramsey, spoke with Thai officials. In its new issue, PEOPLE has exclusive excerpts of the interviews.

On JonBenet's death:
The Ramseys "feel their daughter was brutally murdered, and she wasn't," Karr told a Thai official. "It looks like that but she wasn't. I want them to hear the truth. ... I need closure and (JonBenet's) family needs closure. ... All of us have gone through enough pain."

On people who doubt his guilt:
"(The media) is beginning to shut up about me being crazy and all that stuff. This is not a laughing matter, it's something serious. ... The world is not laughing as much now."

To get the whole article you probably have to buy it, but at least this is something.

JMK not the only demon in JBR case

Karr isn't the only demon in the JonBenet case
I don't know what's more disturbing, this coy little freak actually committing a murder that titillates us far more than it should or his claiming to have committed a horrific crime that he had nothing to do with.
By John Bogert

Book and film rights, to what?

Seriously, what would a book or film based upon ridiculous pedophilia poster boy John Mark Karr be titled, Dweeb For Life, Yet Another Creep or -- for greatest appeal -- How to Murder a Helpless Child?

Personally, I don't know what's more disturbing, this coy little freak actually committing a murder that titillates us far more than it should or his claiming to have committed a horrific crime that he had nothing to do with

Karr's Attorney wants handwriting application sealed

John Mark Karr’s attorney wants handwritten application sealed

August 25, 2006

ASSOCIATED PRESS

BOULDER, Colo. — A judge set John Mark Karr’s first court appearance in Colorado for Monday in the JonBenet Ramsey, while the attorney representing Karr took the unusual step Friday of asking the court to seal Karr’s handwritten application for a public-funded lawyer.

Some commentators have suggested that Karr’s handwriting in a school yearbook resembles the writing on a ransom note found in the Ramsey home; others have said the writings bear no resemblance

Judge limits questioning of Karr

Judge limits interviews with Karr
By Howard Pankratz
Denver Post Staff Writer

A Boulder judge has ordered prosecutors and investigators not to interview Ramsey murder suspect John Mark Karr unless they first obtain permission of the Colorado Public Defender's Office.

District Judge Roxanne Bailin's order came after Seth Temin, head of the Boulder public defender's office, said that Karr does not want to be interviewed, contacted, questioned "or communicated with" by any law enforcement personnel, the media or any other individuals unless his lawyers give their consent.

No DNA Link before Karr's arrest

No DNA link before Karr arrest
Source says alibi was another unknown

By Christine Reid, Camera Staff Writer
August 26, 2006

Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy did not have DNA evidence connecting John Mark Karr to JonBenet Ramsey's slaying when she had him arrested in Thailand on Aug. 16, a source close to the investigation told the Daily Camera on Friday.

Lacy also had not checked out Karr's alibi, the source confirmed.

Aug 25, 2006
Investigators Turn To Elgin Lab In Ramsey Murder
Lab Has Assisted In Many High-Profile Cases

(CBS) CHICAGO Forensic scientist Skip Palenik is used to getting calls from police. But two weeks ago, he got a call from a detective that stopped him cold.

It came from a Boulder police detective in the murder investigation of JonBenet Ramsey.

“I've had the evidence back here at my laboratory,” Palenik said. “He called and said he was coming to pick it up, so I wondered what was going on.”

Days later, the arrest of John Mark Karr, who confessed to killing Ramsey, hit the news, and Palenik knew why police wanted what had sat in his lab for a decade.

“We were examining the microscopic evidence from her body that was collected right after the murder,” he said.

Investigators had removed some particles collected from the 6-year-old's body and clothing by hand and some with tape. When it came to examining them, they turned to this tiny lab in Elgin – more than 1,000 miles away – where the best investigators in the world come for answers.--->>

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_237175310.html

Microtrace: Skip Palenik www.microtracescientific.com/people/spalenik/spalenik.htm

This link is on the breaking news thread, but I thought it was important to also put it here:

Witness may have seen Karr on 12/96

Man says he might have seen Karr in '96

Email this story | Print By Todd Hartman, Rocky Mountain News
August 26, 2006

Boulder District Attorney investigator Mark Spray has contacted a man who believes he could have encountered the JonBenet Ramsey murder suspect on a bus in the early morning hours of Dec. 26, 1996.
Daniel Pride, now of Portsmouth, N.H., said he was at the downtown bus station in Boulder sometime shortly after 12:30 a.m. when a man arrived, behaving strangely and bearing a resemblance to John Mark Karr, arrested last week in the case.

He said the man didn't want to be noticed and pulled away when Pride asked if he had a light for a cigarette. The man boarded the same bus as Pride, and exchanged strange glances with him once aboard, Pride said.

Pride said the individual was wearing a Western fleece vest with a "shiny red spot" that Pride took to be a stain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back