The Water in Hamilton, AL ???

shoe_horn

Reaction score
Anyone suspect anything after the many people that have been interviewed over the past week?

Being from Alabama myself, I think these people from Hamilton (with the exception of JK, of course) are just typical small-town folks from the south. Don't let their drawl fool you--they can be shrewd. They may lack sophistication, but don't underestimate them.

I hope the town can at least cash in on this, since they could use a Krispy Kreme.

Small southern towns have their own charm. They are not for everybody, of course. You won't find Krispy Kreme or a fast food place there. You'll find a decent cafe that serves a meat-and-three with coffee and a smile (for a very reasonable price!) Again, don't assume these people are ignorant. They may be stuck in a time warp, but that's where they want to be....

southerngirl said:
Small southern towns have their own charm. They are not for everybody, of course. You won't find Krispy Kreme or a fast food place there. You'll find a decent cafe that serves a meat-and-three with coffee and a smile (for a very reasonable price!) Again, don't assume these people are ignorant. They may be stuck in a time warp, but that's where they want to be....

southerngirl....what's a meat-and-three?

Being a native San Diegan, I would love to live in a small southern town.

Oceanbreeze said:
southerngirl....what's a meat-and-three?

Being a native San Diegan, I would love to live in a small southern town.
It's a meat (fried chicken, meatloaf, country fried steak, etc.) and a choice of three vegetables ( maybe fried corn, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc.) and cornbread, of course. And don't forget the sweet tea, a must in the south. The diners have formica tables and a counter with vinyl-seated stools. The working class love to congregate in these diners and talk weather, politics, local gossip, etc. They are southern institutions and you'll find them all over the south, along with a multitude of churches, another VERY important part of life in the south!

Come visit! You'll learn about southern hospitality! :)

I'm hungry now......

I suppose, since JMK is a good example, when you speak of wanting to be where they are.

But I get the feeling that these people are trapped in some other warp, besides a time warp.

shoe_horn said:
I suppose, since JMK is a good example, when you speak of wanting to be where they are.

But I get the feeling that these people are trapped in some other warp, besides a time warp.
What do you mean exactly?

Somethings cannot be explained as clearly as they speak for themselves. The interviews are stunning to me. It was like the guy was cult leader driving a red sports car around town. They have JMK as being one of the smartest, most musically talented, and most handsome people from their recollections. But, they follow that up with him being practically the wierdest person they knew.

Seems like JMK cast a spell on that vulnerable town.

southerngirl said:
It's a meat (fried chicken, meatloaf, country fried steak, etc.) and a choice of three vegetables ( maybe fried corn, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc.) and cornbread, of course. And don't forget the sweet tea, a must in the south. The diners have formica tables and a counter with vinyl-seated stools. The working class love to congregate in these diners and talk weather, politics, local gossip, etc. They are southern institutions and you'll find them all over the south, along with a multitude of churches, another VERY important part of life in the south!

Come visit! You'll learn about southern hospitality! :)

I'm hungry now......

Reading the menu here makes me think about that tea bag left in the glass... hmm I wonder if it was JMK who was the tea drinker that night!!

Old Broad said:
Reading the menu here makes me think about that tea bag left in the glass... hmm I wonder if it was JMK who was the tea drinker that night!!
Could be, and good thinking in making that connection. Sweet tea is VERY big here.

southerngirl said:

Amen! Learn to love GRITS...Girls Raised In The South. We make talk slow, move slow, and appear that we have no clue. But I assure you, Southerners just take their time in analyzing things; we've got what my Mama always called "Horse Sense".
I'm as proud as a peacock to be from the south, Tennessee rocks. And I rock it out "Little Lot" style. How's that for the name of a Southern town?
And BTW, I work at one of the most well known Southern Universities/Medical Centers in the entire world. Trust me, I ain't no dummy! Ha! Ha!

southerngirl said:
Could be, and good thinking in making that connection. Sweet tea is VERY big here.

Yup, and I can't live without it. Wow, I never thought about JMK being the tea drinker that night!!! :eek:

shoe_horn said:
Oh and by the way SG @@@@@@@@@@@ Roll Tide @@@@@@@@@@

War Damn Eagle!!! :D :woohoo:

Signed,
an Auburn graduate who still lives right here :)

GiveMeAnswers said:
Amen! Learn to love GRITS...Girls Raised In The South. We make talk slow, move slow, and appear that we have no clue. But I assure you, Southerners just take their time in analyzing things; we've got what my Mama always called "Horse Sense".
I'm as proud as a peacock to be from the south, Tennessee rocks. And I rock it out "Little Lot" style. How's that for the name of a Southern town?
And BTW, I work at one of the most well known Southern Universities/Medical Centers in the entire world. Trust me, I ain't no dummy! Ha! Ha!

GiveMeAnswers....Vanderbilt??

A bit peppy this early in the maw-nin, hey girl?

I hope you are not endorsing JMK to support the Volunteer state, are you?

This case may shed a renewed light on the south that may not look pretty at the end of the day. Seems to me that many a folk down there just turn their backs on some serious walking human timebombs.

shoe_horn said:
Somethings cannot be explained as clearly as they speak for themselves. The interviews are stunning to me. It was like the guy was cult leader driving a red sports car around town. They have JMK as being one of the smartest, most musically talented, and most handsome people from their recollections. But, they follow that up with him being practically the wierdest person they knew.

Seems like JMK cast a spell on that vulnerable town.
I don't think he exactly cast a spell on Hamilton. I think he was unusual and different and "stuck out" in a sense. I also think he is intelligent and people recognize "smarts."

Did anyone see the interview on MSNBC this morning with his classmate and fellow bandmate? She said in the spring of 1997 JK was at her home helping her with her computer. He was normal and appropriate until something came on TV about JonBenet's case and he did a "360" and began shouting at the TV, calling the Boulder LE "incompetent" and the issue concerned the footprints in the snow and why there were none. She said he admitted to her then that he was the killer of JB. She didn't report it because she and JK were in drama together and "he was like that," she said, often blurting out strange dramatic statements. Obviously she should have reported it, though. He also admired her young daughter....

So you are not a Tuscaloser fan?

Poor Auburn the year before last. They got you know what out of championship.

This southern culture gig will be xposed during this continued debacle. However, I happen to like the South.

shoe_horn said:
So you are not a Tuscaloser fan?

Poor Auburn the year before last. They got you know what out of championship.

This southern culture gig will be xposed during this continued debacle. However, I happen to like the South.

Ummmm...only when they aren't playing Auburn. :)

I know, that really stunk about the national championship, but it was a GREAT season.

Well...they always seem to pick the most toothless, hillbilly folks to interview in the national media, and our accents make us seem slow, but there are brilliant people here in the South. I can't speak for Hamilton, AL, but a lot of the NASA shuttle astronauts come out of the aerospace engineering program at Auburn!! :woohoo: The only thing I really hate about living in the South is how dadburned :)D) hot it gets in the summer!!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back