1086 users online (242 members and 844 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Is there to much coverage on JonBenet?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes there is to much coverage.

43 68.25%
  • The coverage is just right.

12 19.05%
  • No there is not enough.

8 12.70%

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

To Much Coverage?

This is something that has been worrying me for close to a week now. Ever since the news broke about JMK every news show has been covering it, it's Big News! What I don't like is how much the video clips and pictures of JonBenet are put out there. Now the tape recordings of Karr are being played over and over again. IMO putting these things out there is going to do more harm than good. How many other sick people out there are getting excited by seeing and hearing all of this? Hasn't this little girl already suffered enough?

OB
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    I think it's too much coverage because we keep hearing the same thing over and over again or given trivial information about Karr having bacon and eggs for breakfast. Grrr!

It's a slow news week. I'm just amazed they haven't pulled in all the weather reporters who haven't had any major hurricanes to cover this summer and are desperate to get in on some drama.

I can't vote because there is no catagory for "Too much crappy coverage and not enough good coverage".

It's been 10 years. You'd think basic questions such as were there other windows/doors open on the morning of the 26th could be known w/o having to spend hours on the net reading conflicting reports.

Soooo True, all of you!
    Same-O, Same-O stuff on every channel regarding this topic but each channel puts a different spin.

This morning I heard:
    It's Melinda's palm print. It's Not Melinda's Palm Print, It's an Unknown Palm print....from three different channels!

And I'm really beginning to despise those channels that throw the news out there to the public without checking their facts first!
    To me it looks like the powers that be at the stations are saying "Grab the viewers, the high numbers. Doesn't matter if it's true or not...we'll check on it later. Just get the viewers to tune in our channel!"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GenaBena, my only sibling,
    In the time line of life, it wasn't supposed to happen this way.
    We were supposed to grow old together.
    Sleep Peacefully, Li'l Sis
    October 16, 2011

~~~~~~~~~~

Amity

Consciousness:
    That annoying time between naps.

Quote Originally Posted by Amity
    And I'm really beginning to despise those channels that throw the news out there to the public without checking their facts first!
    When Karr's ex said he was at home with the family on 12/26/96, I saw it reported 3 ways. He was home in Atlanta, Home in Alabama, and one report had him home in Arkansas. The woman made a statement. How hard is it to quote her statement correctly?

I agree with you, a bit of fact checking is in order before reporting.

I don't mind at all the amount of coverage this fascinating case is getting. What I do mind is the quality of some of the reporting, especially Nancy Grace. I generally don't mind listening to her biased opinions because they are standard with every case she discusses, however when she can't even describe JMK's clothing yesterday, that he isn't be in the general population at the jail and making it sound like he's getting special treatment or harping for hours on the food that Thai Airways served ~ to me that is way over the top. Please just stick to important things, like his background, evidence, court proceedings, etc.!! And he is innocent until proven guilty!
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Yes, way too much coverage on this guy.. He's getting what he wants.. ATTENTION.. and you know, I just don't like this guy so I don't want to see his face anymore.. hehe .... Plus, when you have too much media covering this, you get conflicting stories... Hard to say what is true and what isn't... The media runs things to the ground... However, I still come here to read up and make stupid comments..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Wink

I could see the talking heads do 5 minutes or so, but 20- 45 minutes is alot...
    And you guys are right, reporting the same thing .

Quote Originally Posted by Old Broad
    This is something that has been worrying me for close to a week now. Ever since the news broke about JMK every news show has been covering it, it's Big News! What I don't like is how much the video clips and pictures of JonBenet are put out there. Now the tape recordings of Karr are being played over and over again. IMO putting these things out there is going to do more harm than good. How many other sick people out there are getting excited by seeing and hearing all of this? Hasn't this little girl already suffered enough?

OB
    Whoa I am really surprised at the majority here voting that there is too much coverage. Why then are we on this board talking about it? We want to know what is happening. It is clearing up a decade of old questions we thought we'd never know the answers to. For me that is THE news story of the year so far. I mean how rare is it that justice might actually be served in a cold case ?? I never watched Nancy Grace or Anderson Cooper...now I have to see them every night for the news and commentaries as this case matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by aspidistra
    Whoa I am really surprised at the majority here voting that there is too much coverage. Why then are we on this board talking about it? We want to know what is happening. It is clearing up a decade of old questions we thought we'd never know the answers to. For me that is THE news story of the year so far. I mean how rare is it that justice might actually be served in a cold case ?? I never watched Nancy Grace or Anderson Cooper...now I have to see them every night for the news and commentaries as this case matters to me.
    Nothing of the sort is happening, nothing is getting cleared up for us.
    After all this who ha has died down, we will be left with the same old questions.

There's way too much coverage. For all we know, he could be released next week. The Boulder DA should have done her investigation prior to picking up this nutcase.

im starting to wonder if they even have a case for this nutjob and why keep the att on him and not on the vic of this cAse who is BTW JB

I believe there had been too much coverage in times past because of police leaking to the press. I'm glad the D.A. is being more tight lipped than the former Boulder Police who tried The Ramseys in the press. They are showing more integrity and proffesionalism in my opinion.
    Amy

Anniegirl is offline Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?
    I'd say the 5 who've voted "not enough coverage" are being sarcastic.
    ~~~

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love' . Mother Teresa

Add me on Facebook: annie51467@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast