• No there is not enough.

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old Broad

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is something that has been worrying me for close to a week now. Ever since the news broke about JMK every news show has been covering it, it's Big News! What I don't like is how much the video clips and pictures of JonBenet are put out there. Now the tape recordings of Karr are being played over and over again. IMO putting these things out there is going to do more harm than good. How many other sick people out there are getting excited by seeing and hearing all of this? Hasn't this little girl already suffered enough?

OB

I think it's too much coverage because we keep hearing the same thing over and over again or given trivial information about Karr having bacon and eggs for breakfast. Grrr!

It's a slow news week. I'm just amazed they haven't pulled in all the weather reporters who haven't had any major hurricanes to cover this summer and are desperate to get in on some drama.

I can't vote because there is no catagory for "Too much crappy coverage and not enough good coverage".

It's been 10 years. You'd think basic questions such as were there other windows/doors open on the morning of the 26th could be known w/o having to spend hours on the net reading conflicting reports.

Soooo True, all of you!
Same-O, Same-O stuff on every channel regarding this topic but each channel puts a different spin.

This morning I heard:
It's Melinda's palm print. It's Not Melinda's Palm Print, It's an Unknown Palm print....from three different channels!

And I'm really beginning to despise those channels that throw the news out there to the public without checking their facts first!
To me it looks like the powers that be at the stations are saying "Grab the viewers, the high numbers. Doesn't matter if it's true or not...we'll check on it later. Just get the viewers to tune in our channel!"

Amity said:
And I'm really beginning to despise those channels that throw the news out there to the public without checking their facts first!

When Karr's ex said he was at home with the family on 12/26/96, I saw it reported 3 ways. He was home in Atlanta, Home in Alabama, and one report had him home in Arkansas. The woman made a statement. How hard is it to quote her statement correctly?

I agree with you, a bit of fact checking is in order before reporting.

I don't mind at all the amount of coverage this fascinating case is getting. What I do mind is the quality of some of the reporting, especially Nancy Grace. I generally don't mind listening to her biased opinions because they are standard with every case she discusses, however when she can't even describe JMK's clothing yesterday, that he isn't be in the general population at the jail and making it sound like he's getting special treatment or harping for hours on the food that Thai Airways served ~ to me that is way over the top. Please just stick to important things, like his background, evidence, court proceedings, etc.!! And he is innocent until proven guilty!
;)

Yes, way too much coverage on this guy.. He's getting what he wants.. ATTENTION..:boohoo: and you know, I just don't like this guy so I don't want to see his face anymore.. hehe :D .... Plus, when you have too much media covering this, you get conflicting stories... Hard to say what is true and what isn't... The media runs things to the ground... However, I still come here to read up and make stupid comments.. :dance: ;)

I could see the talking heads do 5 minutes or so, but 20- 45 minutes is alot...:slap:
And you guys are right, reporting the same thing .

Old Broad said:
This is something that has been worrying me for close to a week now. Ever since the news broke about JMK every news show has been covering it, it's Big News! What I don't like is how much the video clips and pictures of JonBenet are put out there. Now the tape recordings of Karr are being played over and over again. IMO putting these things out there is going to do more harm than good. How many other sick people out there are getting excited by seeing and hearing all of this? Hasn't this little girl already suffered enough?

OB
Whoa I am really surprised at the majority here voting that there is too much coverage. Why then are we on this board talking about it? We want to know what is happening. It is clearing up a decade of old questions we thought we'd never know the answers to. For me that is THE news story of the year so far. I mean how rare is it that justice might actually be served in a cold case ?? I never watched Nancy Grace or Anderson Cooper...now I have to see them every night for the news and commentaries as this case matters to me.

aspidistra said:
Whoa I am really surprised at the majority here voting that there is too much coverage. Why then are we on this board talking about it? We want to know what is happening. It is clearing up a decade of old questions we thought we'd never know the answers to. For me that is THE news story of the year so far. I mean how rare is it that justice might actually be served in a cold case ?? I never watched Nancy Grace or Anderson Cooper...now I have to see them every night for the news and commentaries as this case matters to me.
Nothing of the sort is happening, nothing is getting cleared up for us.
After all this who ha has died down, we will be left with the same old questions.

There's way too much coverage. For all we know, he could be released next week. The Boulder DA should have done her investigation prior to picking up this nutcase.

im starting to wonder if they even have a case for this nutjob and why keep the att on him and not on the vic of this cAse who is BTW JB

I believe there had been too much coverage in times past because of police leaking to the press. I'm glad the D.A. is being more tight lipped than the former Boulder Police who tried The Ramseys in the press. They are showing more integrity and proffesionalism in my opinion.
Amy

I'd say the 5 who've voted "not enough coverage" are being sarcastic.:p

The media has included some terribly SLOPPY coverage.

For those of us who have discussed and worked on the facts as we knew them from 'reliable' sourcing for nearly 10 years it is tough to listen to the newbies prattle mis truths on the NETWORKS.

The new crop of network trainees stepped in when the old regulars collapsed from overwork. Then a whole new set of bad informative broadcasts confronted all of us.

Enough will be when the killer is found and convicted. Not sure when that might happen.

Sloppy coverage or not, it just may be a help in bringing people out who have real facts to relate about our Mr. Karr. His face is out there for everyone to see.

God bless little JonBenet who will forever be six years old, WE will never forget her, nor Samantha Runnion, Polly Klaas, and all of the little girls before whose lives have been snuffed out by societies perverted individuals, who seem to not care or to understand right from wrong.

Respect has been lost for one another, and that might include power hungry network execs who have lost respect for TRUTH in reporting.

The huge amount of coverage on this case is exactly what I expected.......and boy oh boy is the media on this one BIG TIME!

Since I wasn't in on this forum from the beginning I"ve really learned a lot about it though you guy's here who were. I am spending more time on this thread than I am listening to media! Also joined Tricia's "Forum for Justice"..........lot's of good information there particurlarly the hand writing comparison You don't have to join to read it.

Now about this John Mark Karr. IF.............this guy know's anything about this case other than what he's copied from news reports leaks... I'd probably wet my pants.............and I think the new DA in Colo....and the media are hoping against all hope that Karr knows something. Good Lord, 10 years later this goof ball shows up because this Colorado professor tipped LE on him.......but only one reason.....he's looking for a new book deal!

My idea of what will happen is we may never know who killed Jon Benet, and though Camper said........"Jon Benet will Always be 6 yrs. old" is because we'll only remember her when she was a living on earth child, and that Camper means that she will alway's be that age in OUR hearts........Today, Jon Benet would 12 yrs. old.....

I've lost a child too. My daughter Stacy was 27 when she left this earth, but I say to her everyday......Don't lie about your age Stacy, you're really 47! heeheeheehee
Hey...if you think death is the end of our lives..then you're cheating yourself. Life does not just exist here on earth! :woohoo:

xxxxxxxxxxoooooo
mama

I think the tv ratings are way up so they want to keep on the story but there is very little new information to report & now with the gag order in place there will probably be even less until trial so we're screwed either way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back