Wood threatens to sue

Hi Seeker!

I'd love to see Murphy and Wood duke it out on a talking head show.

Weny is very brave....all the other reporters are shaking in their shoes afraid to be sued.

Show Me said:
Hi Seeker!

I'd love to see Murphy and Wood duke it out on a talking head show.

Weny is very brave....all the other reporters are shaking in their shoes afraid to be sued.
I'd love to see them together too! I think she could take him. Whaddya think?? :woohoo:

The Ramseys remind me of Gary Condit...sue everyone in sight but settle out of court so you don't have to answer any questions. I would love to see Wendy get her teeth into Lin Wood and John Ramsey in court.

So would she! She told that story on "Crier" last night. Even imitated his voice! (Sounded like Mama's Family!)

"I'd love to see Murphy and Wood duke it out on a talking head show."

I's like to duke it out with him physically.

"Weny is very brave....all the other reporters are shaking in their shoes afraid to be sued."

She mentioned that! Said he was a bully, and that's JUST what he is!

"I think she could take him. Whaddya think??"

The Skirt with a Hurt! The Peach with a Punch!

(And me: the Ayatollah of Rock and RRRRRRRRollah!"

Okay then Wendy and Super Dave versus Woody and Tracey!

Woody:Touch me Dave and I'll sue you.

Tracey: Yeah, and I'll make a documentary of you accusing you of murder...and I don't care if you were in China when JonBenet was murder...I'll spin the evidence to convict you in the court of the media.

Show Me said:
Wendy can take him....I've no doubt.

I sooo agree with you!

Searched Wendy/Wood: :) She knows what she is talking about, no doubt about it! Go Wendyyyy Wood must 'fear' Wendy Murphy, those who have to threaten are usually very worried about something! imo Read this segment, Wood declined his invitation. Wendy was THERE! :dance:

Linn Wood is looking for 'payback', no doubt! He has been seething for a long time imo.

http://66.98.176.96/~tricia/forums/showthread.php?p=40442&mode=threaded

WENDY MURPHY, FMR. PROSECUTOR: Yes, but look you’ve got to focus on what Michael said, Dan. She was ruling on the evidence in front of her, and she got a boatload of evidence from Lin Wood and from the Ramseys, much of which I would characterize as red herrings that really don’t establish their innocence by any stretch. And when you have a judge looking at a pile of evidence and that’s all she has, you can’t help but draw those kinds of conclusions. The context of her case was such that she knows almost nothing about...

Show me, you have truly made my day!

I'd LOVE that! Oh, man! The Skirt with a Hurt teaming up with the Ayatollah of Rock and RRRROOOOLLAH! Tricia is welcome, too!

Wood: Touch me, Dave, and I'll sue you.

Tracey: Yeah, and I'll make a documentary of you accusing you of murder...and I don't care if you were in China when JonBenet was murder...I'll spin the evidence to convict you in the court of the media.

Dave: See what good it'll do you. I'll make so much trouble, you'll wish you'd never heard the name SuperDave.

In all seriousness, yeah, he's a BULLY! Wendy said it best. And like all the bullies I dealt with in school, he's tough when he thinks he has the upper hand. But you confront him, he crumbles. Woody doesn't scare me or Wendy, obviously.

As far as I go, Lin Wood is scum. He may be rich, well-bred scum, but he's still scum. And I don't take threats from scum. Neither does Wendy.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, folks!

When has Wendy Murphy been above the law? Would it be ok to slander her family if they had not been charged with a crime? What makes her so special?
Amy

dottierainbow said:
When has Wendy Murphy been above the law? Would it be ok to slander her family if they had not been charged with a crime? What makes her so special?
Amy

She has the same rights the rest of us have: to state her opinion.

And in her case, it's backed up with some pretty hard evidence.

wenchie said:
She has the same rights the rest of us have: to state her opinion.

And in her case, it's backed up with some pretty hard evidence.

YAHOO! Damn straight!

I guess the RST (Woody especially) has forgotten that whole First Amendment thing.

Let me turn the question on you, dottierainbow: who the F died and made HIM king? I didn't vote for him!

He is doing his right protecting his clients rights. Not one of the Ramseys have been charged. They have been tried and convicted in the media. Speculations have been spoken as facts.
Amy

"He is doing his right protecting his clients rights."

And making a boatload of barratry money doing it! I don't buy that altruistic bit for an instant.

"Not one of the Ramseys have been charged."

Fine, but that doesn't answer my question: who gave him the right to BULLY people?

dottierainbow said:
He is doing his right protecting his clients rights. Not one of the Ramseys have been charged. They have been tried and convicted in the media. Speculations have been spoken as facts.
Amy

Still suspects, at least JR is, I believe.

SuperDave said:

I'd LOVE that! Oh, man! The Skirt with a Hurt teaming up with the Ayatollah of Rock and RRRROOOOLLAH! Tricia is welcome, too!

Dave: See what good it'll do you. I'll make so much trouble, you'll wish you'd never heard the name SuperDave.

In all seriousness, yeah, he's a BULLY! Wendy said it best. And like all the bullies I dealt with in school, he's tough when he thinks he has the upper hand. But you confront him, he crumbles. Woody doesn't scare me or Wendy, obviously.

As far as I go, Lin Wood is scum. He may be rich, well-bred scum, but he's still scum. And I don't take threats from scum. Neither does Wendy.

Even for an attorney, defamation suits are expensive to defend, and both individuals and websites that support defamation can be sued.

When sharks are in the water, it is never wise to pour blood around you or go splashing about like a giddy child. The first thing that happens to individuals who get sued for defamation is they lose any bravado they might have felt.

Moreover, in the last week, certain media actions have caused this website to be more illuminated than ever, and there is a thread in this forum highlighting that this forum will be treated differently than all of the other forums, which could well offer a special invitation to certain interested parties.

If all that happens to Wendy Murphy is that Lyn Wood gives her a personal warning, she should consider herself very lucky. If taken to court, she would not have a chance, for she cannot prove her statement to to be true.

Dominic Dunn was more circumspect in his statement on LKL regarding Gary Condit's involvement in the Chandra Levy case. Dominic Dunn paid defense legal fees for many a moon. He eventually settled out of Court.

Lyn Wood has a fantastic ten-year track record in the defamation suits he's brought in support of clients who were caught up in high-profile cases

People should focus on reality and consider if the risk of a libel/defamation suit is really maze bright. And no one should be insulting sharks unless their feet are far away from the shoreline.

Wudge said:
Even for an attorney, defamation suits are expensive to defend, and both individuals and websites that support defamation can be sued.

When sharks are in the water, it is never wise to pour blood around you or go splashing about like a giddy child. The first thing that happens to individuals who get sued for defamation is they lose any bravado they might have felt.

Moreover, in the last week, certain media actions have caused this website to be more illuminated than ever, and there is a thread in this forum highlighting that this forum will be treated differently than all of the other forums, which could well offer a special invitation to certain interested parties.

If all that happens to Wendy Murphy is that Lyn Wood gives her a personal warning, she should consider herself very lucky. If taken to court, she would not have a chance, for she cannot prove her statement to to be true.

Dominic Dunn was more circumspect in his statement on LKL regarding Gary Condit's involvement in the Chandra Levy case. Dominic Dunn paid defense legal fees for many a moon. He eventually settled out of Court.

Lyn Wood has a fantastic ten-year track record in the defamation suits he's brought in support of clients who were caught up in high-profile cases

People should focus on reality and consider if the risk of a libel/defamation suit is really maze bright. And no one should be insulting sharks unless their feet are far away from the shoreline.

Actually, when you sue someone for defamation, it gives them the opportunity to air the dirt about YOU. You have to prove that you have been defamed irresponsibly, and that opens up a big can of worms for the person who brings the suit.

I don't think that Wendy Murphy is worried in the least.

There's no comparison between what Wendy Murphy is saying, and what Dominic Dunne said about Gary Condit.

"Even for an attorney, defamation suits are expensive to defend, and both individuals and websites that support defamation can be sued.

When sharks are in the water, it is never wise to pour blood around you or go splashing about like a giddy child. The first thing that happens to individuals who get sued for defamation is they lose any bravado they might have felt."

Is that a threat?

"If all that happens to Wendy Murphy is that Lyn Wood gives her a personal warning, she should consider herself very lucky. If taken to court, she would not have a chance, for she cannot prove her statement to to be true."

She'd rip his spaldings off and hand them to him, Wudge. You forget: in libel/slander cases, it's the PLAINTIFF who has to prove their case. She has an automatic advantage.

"Lyn Wood has a fantastic ten-year track record in the defamation suits he's brought in support of clients who were caught up in high-profile cases"

He has a record of settling! That's about it.

"I don't think that Wendy Murphy is worried in the least."

She isn't! Believe me!

SuperDave said:

Woody sure is bullying Lacy around, or I could be mistaken Lacy might be totally incompetent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back