Lingering questions?

lovebites

Reaction score
There still seems to be some things that you get conflicting information about, depending on where you read about it, so maybe some of you knowledgeable folks can clear these up......

Was it ever definitively proven that there was prior sexual abuse, or is that still under debate?

Although I've read many theories about Patsy possibly losing control because of JonBenet's bed wetting, I've never read whether or not JonBenet's bed was indeed found to be wet that night - has it been established?

Just from what I know:

The prior abuse was never definitely stated - there were differing opinions on whether or not it was a fact.

I believe that Patsy herself said that Jonbenet wet the bed that night, and that she changed her.

Thanks wenchie. The sexual abuse being undetermined really leaves a huge hole in this puzzle IMO.

lovebites said:
Thanks wenchie. The sexual abuse being undetermined really leaves a huge hole in this puzzle IMO.
It sure does. But imo I don't think she was. And I do not believe her parents had anything to do with her death. Its just something that I cannot believe, I don't want to believe that. So I really pray, that her parents couldn't do this to their daughter.

According to my personal theory, she was not sexually abused. Her mother just lost her temper and then tried to cover it up.

lilpony said:
It sure does. But imo I don't think she was. And I do not believe her parents had anything to do with her death. Its just something that I cannot believe, I don't want to believe that. So I really pray, that her parents couldn't do this to their daughter.

I've always had a really hard time picturing her parents doing it either - moreso because there was absolutely no history of domestic violence or child abuse and because the children were so well taken care of (not exactly unwanted children). Plus I always figured that if there were any incidences of sexual or physical abuse or of these parents ever losing control of their tempers, the other children (namely grown children who wouldn't be too intimidated to tell the truth) would have spoken up.

wenchie said:
Just from what I know:

The prior abuse was never definitely stated - there were differing opinions on whether or not it was a fact.

I believe that Patsy herself said that Jonbenet wet the bed that night, and that she changed her.
Hi Wenchie....I believe Patsy said JBR was put straight to bed that night as she was already asleep when they arrived home from the Whites.IIRC Patsy didnt do the usual late night toilet trip with JBR that night and Patsy had no idea what underpants JBR had on even though Patsy placed longjohns on her daughter.
Hope that made sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back