1106 users online (231 members and 875 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    170

    Finding a focus to the constellation of lies

    I'd like to know what information or other lies don't fit into the following theory/observations.

    I have long wondered why the R's felt compelled to lie about 2 sleeping children - JB at night and Burke in the mornig. The pineapple and enhanced 911 call proved that was not true. So, why lie about both of those things, since Burke sleeping seems, at first glance, to be immateral. Another strange thing for me has always been JR claiming that, after a party and quite late, the eve of an early departure, smack in the middle of Christmas holidays, when Burke has just received a new Nintendo .... JR claims to have stayed up helping Burke with a project?

    I think that the focal point of those lies is eliminating any time frame during which Burke would have been alone with JB. And I think the reason for that and J's angry voice towards the son was because that night there probably was another "golf club" incident between brother and sister. That would explain many things, including the Ramsey's incredible solidarity throughout the entire thing and maybe even the unlikely ramson note. That would also be why they would not have worried about getting him out of the house when the cops were there. They would have WANTED him to leave and not to face the cops.

    Can someone tell me what evidence contradicts the theory that the brother, in a fit of anger could have swung a hard object at his sister's head, followed by a parental cover-up? What would a 9 year-old in such a position do, if, let's say, both his parents were asleep?

    JMO

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,810
    There is a huge constellation of misinformation...

    RE: The enhanced 911 call. It has been reported numerous times in many media outlets that the so-called "enhanced" 911 call did not have Burkes voice on it at all, and the person who did the enhancements has since been discredited. True? I don't know...but the fact that there are experts who argue that fact, well, that's enough for me to not factor it in...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    84

    Which came first?

    Wasn't JonBenet strangled first then hit over the head?
    ...we'll raise up our glasses against evil forces...whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by dolly1
    Wasn't JonBenet strangled first then hit over the head?
    My hunch is that her head was first hit, then she was presumed dead - though in fact was not - and then she was strangled as a staging.

    JMO

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,810
    I don't have anything to contradict the "9 year old brother did it" theory. But I don't believe there is one speck of evidence to support that.

    It's not highly unusual that JR would've been up for a bit helping Burke with a project. Wasn't this actually a Christmas gift, some sort of model?

    Sure, siblings fight & argue. But I don't see an otherwise normal, healthy 9 year old boy striking his sister with such force to kill her. Maybe if he had a history of documented problems and issues, but I don't believe he did. Everything about him has always seemed extremely normal.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by dolly1
    Wasn't JonBenet strangled first then hit over the head?
    Nobody knows the answer to that question, Dolly. Even the best of the experts disagree on whether the strangulation or head blow came first.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by julianne
    I don't have anything to contradict the "9 year old brother did it" theory. But I don't believe there is one speck of evidence to support that.

    It's not highly unusual that JR would've been up for a bit helping Burke with a project. Wasn't this actually a Christmas gift, some sort of model?

    Sure, siblings fight & argue. But I don't see an otherwise normal, healthy 9 year old boy striking his sister with such force to kill her. Maybe if he had a history of documented problems and issues, but I don't believe he did. Everything about him has always seemed extremely normal.
    I thought he had once hit her with a golf club. Do you remember why LE, including Steve Thomas ruled him out?

    Just wondering

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    170
    Children HAVE been killed by other children without the latter intending it.

    JMO

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,878
    If Burke hit her with a golf club (or baseball bat, or whatever) why would the Ramseys have to stage anything? Burke was 9, it's not as if he'd be tried as an adult and sent to prison for several years.

    I can't see parents doing all that to cover for a 9 year old.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyatt
    Children HAVE been killed by other children without the latter intending it.

    JMO
    True, but their parents don't then stage elaborate cover-ups complete with garotte strangulations and broken paint brush sexual abuse to insure that their nine year olds aren't branded in the unintentional deaths of those siblings!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrishope
    If Burke hit her with a golf club (or baseball bat, or whatever) why would the Ramseys have to stage anything? Burke was 9, it's not as if he'd be tried as an adult and sent to prison for several years.

    I can't see parents doing all that to cover for a 9 year old.
    I'm not sure the Ramseys, and perhaps other high-profile families would want to live with that stigma or have the son live it all his life. An issue of family reputation?

    JMO

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyatt
    I'm not sure the Ramseys, and perhaps other high-profile families would want to live with that stigma or have the son live it all his life. An issue of family reputation?

    JMO
    So it would be better for that high profile family to be considered possible murder suspects for the rest of their lives?

    Maybe I'm not following you here. It's late, and I need to be in bed. I guess I'm not seeing your logic.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyatt
    I'm not sure the Ramseys, and perhaps other high-profile families would want to live with that stigma or have the son live it all his life. An issue of family reputation?

    JMO
    heh. Family reputation. heh

    One thing I think pretty much everyone can agree on, is no matter WHO did it....the family's reputation has been irrevocably trashed whether they deserve it or not.

    Burke ramsey will forever be known as JonBenet's brother (and some people will probably always think he is the killer)
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyatt
    I'm not sure the Ramseys, and perhaps other high-profile families would want to live with that stigma or have the son live it all his life. An issue of family reputation?

    JMO
    Hmm, well...in the past Burke had accidentally struck Jonbenet with a golf club, yeah...I suspect she didn't keel over in that incident...and she ended up in the hospital, etc.

    Why in this particular instance would the parents go through such a coverup, aside from wrapping a cord around her neck and pulling tight...if Burke had simply hit her accidentally again?

    The big question to answer too...is if Burke did strike her...what did he use?

    Only way it'd make sense for the parents to cover up is if it was obvious Burke struck Jonbenet on purpose, I suppose.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyatt
    I'd like to know what information or other lies don't fit into the following theory/observations.

    I have long wondered why the R's felt compelled to lie about 2 sleeping children - JB at night and Burke in the mornig. The pineapple and enhanced 911 call proved that was not true. So, why lie about both of those things, since Burke sleeping seems, at first glance, to be immateral. Another strange thing for me has always been JR claiming that, after a party and quite late, the eve of an early departure, smack in the middle of Christmas holidays, when Burke has just received a new Nintendo .... JR claims to have stayed up helping Burke with a project?

    I think that the focal point of those lies is eliminating any time frame during which Burke would have been alone with JB. And I think the reason for that and J's angry voice towards the son was because that night there probably was another "golf club" incident between brother and sister. That would explain many things, including the Ramsey's incredible solidarity throughout the entire thing and maybe even the unlikely ramson note. That would also be why they would not have worried about getting him out of the house when the cops were there. They would have WANTED him to leave and not to face the cops.

    Can someone tell me what evidence contradicts the theory that the brother, in a fit of anger could have swung a hard object at his sister's head, followed by a parental cover-up? What would a 9 year-old in such a position do, if, let's say, both his parents were asleep?

    JMO
    If you look at it as in an intruder crime, (just for the sake of debate here), you can look around the web and see some claims that there was no Burke or John on the tape, that any extraneous noise after the four "Patsy"s by the 911 operator, was noise from the 911 side, not from the Ramsey home. I have no real opinion on this, it's just a possibility. I've listened to the "enhanced" tape over and over and do not hear anything like a father and son talking.

    I don't think the pineapple proves anything at all. I've posted a long question about this elsewhere. There is no definitive answer to the pineapple in the bowl. Before you say it's proof of anything, you have to understand what it was doing there and no one has the answer. As for the pineapple she ate, we have no proof. It was fruit or vegetable fibre which could be pineapple. That is all it could be identified as. The pineapple in the bowl could point to an intruder or to a lie by the parents but so far there is no conclusion.

    As for the parents forgetting what the child was wearing, the exact sequence of events at night and in the morning, I put that down to the natural amnesia surrounding a crisis and a shock.

    I haven't seen the evidence that cleared Burke, but he was cleared. I can't show you any evidence proving he couldn't have accidentally killed his sister with a baseball bat or golf club, or even deliberately. One person I used to debate with firmly thought Burke did it, but I never thought that was believable. Because that would have to involve the garotte and the other injuries and staging as a coverup, and then ten years of the three of them never breaking down and admitting it. I can't buy that. I don't see any evidence of that kind of evil in them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Why did IDI experts focus on JDI?
    By madeleine in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 05:56 PM