Pageant Kids: A Rant

sillyhead

Former Member
Reaction score
I started to post this to another thread, but it was way off-topic. I looked back a few days and didn't see a thread about this, but if there is one, please feel free to move my post to it.

Someone on another thread implied that children who "dressed like *advertiser censored*" attract pedophiles. So do young girls who dress regularly. So do young boys who dress regularly. Has anyone read the news on this very site lately? Is it not VERY obvious that pedophiles don't give a darn about what little kids wear? It doesn't matter HOW they dress or WHAT they do, pedophiles want them, and will get to them any way they can. They don't even have to know what the kids LOOK like. Take a look at how many guys have been busted recently for enticing/attempting to entice children over the internet! I let my kids choose their own clothes all their lives. They didn't start choosing adult clothing as early as some of the pageant kids are introduced to them, but the bottom line is this:

It just doesn't matter!

Pedophiles and murderers are going to get ahold of ANY kid they can, and it does NOT matter what they're wearing, or what activity they're involved in. I'm undercover in a couple of different situations on the internet, and you wouldn't believe the range of kids that these sickos are attracted to. All this arguing about this pageant stuff makes no difference, and I think it's a distraction. The truth is that these pervs are pestilence of epidemic numbers, and we should all be involved in our kids' lives and protect them as best we can.

You can say all day long that you wouldn't EVER dress your kid like that, but I imagine that everyone can say that about -something- that some other parent does. We don't all parent our kids the same way, and every child is at risk at some point. Some parents refuse to send their children to school, and would NEVER put their kids at risk to be exposed to the many pedophiles who teach and purposefully put themselves in situations where they're in control of children. That doesn't mean their parenting skills are any better than those who do send their kids to school.

I think there are more important issues here than what kids wear and what kind of activities they're involved in. The laws, for one. Ever noticed the sentences these pedophiles get? They rarely get any significant time.

Sorry, I know I'm new here. I'm just sick of this particular argument, because I know what's going on, have seen it first hand from many angles and she could've been dressed in a potato sack from head to toe with just her eyes showing and the same thing could have happened. I don't know if the Ramsey's did this or not, but I think it's disgusting to suggest that any parent ASKS for this, unless they're actually guilty of pedalling their kids. I'm sure that every parent of every missing or murdered kid could look back and say, "If I'd only done X differently..." But the fact is that ALL children are at risk. Every. Single. One.
Hi. :)
C

You're correct IMO in saying every child is at risk!! Saying a child is targeted because of being dressed up in a pagent is the same as saying a woman is raped because of wearing her skirt to short.
People who are attracted to children find things exciting that have nothing to do with what they're wearing.
It's not the fact that the skirt was short that caused the rape but the woman was targeted because she was the one available where the rapist was able to attack.
A child can become a target because they catch the eye of the pedophile and they're able to get access in some way, not because they're wearing a certain outfit.
When I was a young child I loved to play dress up, I used an older sisters prom dresses etc. What JonBenet did was play dress up to a much higher degree than I ever did!

Welcome to WS!

OB

Old Broad said:
You're correct IMO in saying every child is at risk!! Saying a child is targeted because of being dressed up in a pagent is the same as saying a woman is raped because of wearing her skirt to short.
People who are attracted to children find things exciting that have nothing to do with what they're wearing.
It's not the fact that the skirt was short that caused the rape but the woman was targeted because she was the one available where the rapist was able to attack.
A child can become a target because they catch the eye of the pedophile and they're able to get access in some way, not because they're wearing a certain outfit.
When I was a young child I loved to play dress up, I used an older sisters prom dresses etc. What JonBenet did was play dress up to a much higher degree than I ever did!

Welcome to WS!

OB
I agree with you. When I was molested by a neighbor, I was @three, dressed in shorts/t-shirt/sandals, had my hair in braids, and was not looking like a tart!

I will say this...it's been said many times the pageants seem to attract a bunch of sickos and I truly believe this. Now, those particular sickos have a penchant for little girls made up to be older, but there are many more child molesters who are turned on by CHILDREN...not anything more or less...just little children.

I spoke on another thread about my psychologist who has worked with child molesters. She said she was out in the prison yard with one of the guys and he said if you took him to a playground, he'd point out in two seconds which child to snatch. He said they stand out to molesters as if they're highlighted. They are the shy ones who seem to be loners or lonely. They are often smaller and don't seem to belong to any of the little cliques. He said they're anxious for any kind of attention and will cooperate without any fuss whatsoever. I believe this because that was just the type of child I was.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I think someone also mentioned, in so many words, that a children's beauty pageant was just a "feeding ground" for these perverts... A child can be playing baseball, be at the mall with mom, walking/riding down a street...

Like you all said, if a pedophile wants a child he'll go anywhere, do anything to get that child.

I don't dispute that if a pedophile wants a child he will find one. However, that does not mean that we as adults and parents can simply alow our children to be anywhere in any attire. Parents, Guardians have an obligation to keep children safe. I do not think participating in pagents is not safe but, alowing a child to parade around dressed and gestering like a sexualized adult is unexceptable. We as adults must teach our children respect for there boides and appropriate behaviors. I see no reason why a child can not participate in pagants if thats what the child enjoys, however the child should be dressed as a child.
I see no difference between alowing a teen to go to school in a bakini, or alowing a 6 year old to parade around as a trampy showgirl. Both are examples of totally inapproriate attire. This does not mean that the pagents or the child or the parents are to blame for a child being the target of a pedafile. Only the pedohile is to blame for what he has done to the child. Howver, parents and guardians do need to take responsiblity for teaching children and keeping them safe. Any parent who alows there 6 year old to parade around as a sexualized showgirl in those pagents IMO, has failed as teacher and protector of a child.

mjak

I was sexually abused as a child by an uncle living in our household. I agree that how a child is dressed does not necessarily attract a pedophile to that child. It is more a case of opportunity.

However, in this case, we simply do not know if JonBenet Ramsey would still be alive IF she had not participated in the pageants. We won't have the answer to that question until and if the actual killer is identified and brought to trial.

We are the guardians of our children's innocence, whether on the playground or in performances. Whether or not it had anything to do with the murder, the Ramseys failed in that regard with respect to the showgirl costume (among others), the full makeup, the come hither glances, and the bump and grind dance moves. It is all simply inappropriate for a child of 6 and served no purpose other than to push the envelope with the judges.

The effect was to create a sexual icon in the realm of Marilyn Monroe and Betty Page out of this small child. Yes, a pedophile can strike anywhere, but do you want your child to stand out as a target?

sillyhead said:
I started to post this to another thread, but it was way off-topic. I looked back a few days and didn't see a thread about this, but if there is one, please feel free to move my post to it.

Someone on another thread implied that children who "dressed like *advertiser censored*" attract pedophiles. So do young girls who dress regularly. So do young boys who dress regularly. Has anyone read the news on this very site lately? Is it not VERY obvious that pedophiles don't give a darn about what little kids wear? It doesn't matter HOW they dress or WHAT they do, pedophiles want them, and will get to them any way they can. They don't even have to know what the kids LOOK like. Take a look at how many guys have been busted recently for enticing/attempting to entice children over the internet! I let my kids choose their own clothes all their lives. They didn't start choosing adult clothing as early as some of the pageant kids are introduced to them, but the bottom line is this:

It just doesn't matter!

Pedophiles and murderers are going to get ahold of ANY kid they can, and it does NOT matter what they're wearing, or what activity they're involved in. I'm undercover in a couple of different situations on the internet, and you wouldn't believe the range of kids that these sickos are attracted to. All this arguing about this pageant stuff makes no difference, and I think it's a distraction. The truth is that these pervs are pestilence of epidemic numbers, and we should all be involved in our kids' lives and protect them as best we can.

You can say all day long that you wouldn't EVER dress your kid like that, but I imagine that everyone can say that about -something- that some other parent does. We don't all parent our kids the same way, and every child is at risk at some point. Some parents refuse to send their children to school, and would NEVER put their kids at risk to be exposed to the many pedophiles who teach and purposefully put themselves in situations where they're in control of children. That doesn't mean their parenting skills are any better than those who do send their kids to school.

I think there are more important issues here than what kids wear and what kind of activities they're involved in. The laws, for one. Ever noticed the sentences these pedophiles get? They rarely get any significant time.

Sorry, I know I'm new here. I'm just sick of this particular argument, because I know what's going on, have seen it first hand from many angles and she could've been dressed in a potato sack from head to toe with just her eyes showing and the same thing could have happened. I don't know if the Ramsey's did this or not, but I think it's disgusting to suggest that any parent ASKS for this, unless they're actually guilty of pedalling their kids. I'm sure that every parent of every missing or murdered kid could look back and say, "If I'd only done X differently..." But the fact is that ALL children are at risk. Every. Single. One.
C

I think you should send your post to Lou Smitt, he has been quoted as saying that JB was a pedophiles dream. Why would he say that?

twinkiesmom said:
We are the guardians of our children's innocence, whether on the playground or in performances. Whether or not it had anything to do with the murder, the Ramseys failed in that regard with respect to the showgirl costume (among others), the full makeup, the come hither glances, and the bump and grind dance moves. It is all simply inappropriate for a child of 6 and served no purpose other than to push the envelope with the judges.

The effect was to create a sexual icon in the realm of Marilyn Monroe and Betty Page out of this small child. Yes, a pedophile can strike anywhere, but do you want your child to stand out as a target?

I do believe that most pedophiles pick a target that is most available......reason why so many of them are dads, uncles, neighbors of the young child.

Back to subject, IF I had a young daughter I would never ever put her out for display... Pasty did this because she was obviously trying re-live her pageant days...nothing more and yes, if little Jon Benet was never in one of those elaborate affairs and had parents who carefully watched her, she would have had a much better chance of being alive today! (all this IF someone in her own family wasn't the one who did it)!

I do not believe for one minute that an "intruder' did it.........

xxxxxxxooooooooo
mama

That's a pretty limited view he has, packerdog. If he took a look at some of the pedo sites on this internet, he'd see that a pedophile's "dream" depends on which pedo he's talking about.

Gaia, I think that that's the type of child that's most often targetted, based on my experiences undercover. They also look for bored kids.

So, I also would never say that if a parent allows their kids to be bored, or to be in situations where they're the odd one out on a playground that they're not protecting them. As far as childrens' innocence is concerned, if we're to "protect" it, we should definitely keep them far away from any media, and other children, as well. The sexualized -everything- on TV and in movies has a large influence on how our kids think about the world around them. And other children have been exposed to it as well. I remember when we were little, we'd play the characters on soap operas. Anyone remember Erica?

Anyway, my point was, and still is, that unless you're pimping your kids out and/or putting them in *advertiser censored*, you're not -asking- for your kid to be abused/killed. A pedo is just as likely (if not moreso) to go after someone who is the Shirley Temple type as he is to go after someone who's dressed as a showgirl.

I guess there will always be those who want to place at least some of the blame anywhere else but on the person who actually commits these crimes, and that's part of the problem with the laws, it seems to me. If the kid wasn't alone, or if the kid was dressed differently, or if the kid wasn't allowed on the internet, or if the kid hadn't been asking for attention, maybe the poor pedophile wouldn't be put in the position to molest them! Bah!

twinkiesmom said:

SAID BEAUTIFULLY!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pervs prey on innocence and chance. They look alot at some of the neglected children and give them attention they desire and hurt them. Then there are some who are just taken advantage of with fine families. I don't think there is a true down to the science profile for these sickos. They come in all shapes and sizes,races,financial status, and true wacked outness.WISH THERE WAS A MORE ACCURATE WAY TO FIND THESE SOB's.

HANG EM HIGH!

I don't believe that JMK ever heard of Jonbenet before she was murdered.

Those pageants are still weird, though.

sillyhead said:

It just doesn't matter!

C
sillyhead, you are absolutely right IMO.

I agree that any child can be at risk. However, what if JB had not been in the limelight? Would she have been less of a risk?

As in business, I think the image one projects is important. JB as a Vegas showgirl was not an image that sits comfortably with me. Maybe Karr had nothing to do with this; it's possible that her participation at pageants made her more of a target. While I'm not saying that a child should be hidden away as a recluse, why parade a child in a sexual way before an audience?

I just don't understand the whole pageant thing. I would never dress my young daughter up to look like a floozy and parade her in front of a bunch of cheering adults...how sick is that? And I certainly wouldn't want to teach her that in order to be beautiful she had to dress herself up in in skimpy clothes, strut herself in a provocative manner, and wear a half inch of make-up. Nor would I want her to compare her looks, either favorably or unfavorably, to those of other young girls.

I would never tell my six year old that some other little girl was cuter (or not as cute) as her and I definitely wouldn't want a group of adult judges to do so. Talk about a self-esteem complex in the making!

I don't think she'd have been less of a risk. Of course, noone knows if what happened to her had anything at all to do with the pageants, but there are pedos who hang out at ball games, roller skating rinks, school yards, swimming pools, etc. There was recently a child who was molested in the bathroom of a public park. He just hid in there and waited till the first kid came through the door. Like I said, they're all at risk.
C

Trino said:
I agree that any child can be at risk. However, what if JB had not been in the limelight? Would she have been less of a risk?

As in business, I think the image one projects is important. JB as a Vegas showgirl was not an image that sits comfortably with me. Maybe Karr had nothing to do with this; it's possible that her participation at pageants made her more of a target. While I'm not saying that a child should be hidden away as a recluse, why parade a child in a sexual way before an audience?

It all depends on what you see. I mean, even the most outlandish costumes JBR wore looked simply adorable to me as a mommy. The little dances and songs she did reminded me of Shirley Temple. I think it is so cute to see little ones dance and sing. And dressing up with little girls is precious...

Heck , how many Christmas pageants do we attend because our child has a speaking part? How many dance recitals?

And, don't forget Halloween. We dress up our kids in any number of 'adult-looking' costumes. And some of us even send them out to prowl the neighborhood dressed like that at ages five or six (not me - wolfkid will be attached to my hip till she's 20 if I can help it, lol).

To us, the parents in the crowd, JBR looked like a little doll on stage (not Karr's type of "doll"). I guess we can't see the potential harm simply because we cannot see like that.

No, it is not suggestive for a little girl to wear a swimsuit-like costume and do a dance...She is a little girl. A year or so before, she probably would have been anywhere in public in just a diaper! So, how in the heck could it be suggestive or adult-like at six?

I have never seen anything wrong with pageant kids. If that is what the kid wants to do, then let them do it...

The truth is that this world has become so sick and twisted that we have to look over our shoulder constantly when we have children. Although I don't think he killed JBR, the words that have come out of Karr have chilled me to the bone and set me on the defensive - In the last few days I have had my radar on for any adult male within 50 feet of wolfkid.

Today, my kid was wearing early-summer shorts that have gotten too short on her. Now, normally I wouldn't care except that I was annoyed by a Karr look-alike (actually looked nothing like him except for slight build) who continued to glance at my daughter while wolfkid and I were out.

Did he think she looked like some child he knew (we were in a kid-friendly location), or did he want to look at my daughter just to look at her???? I nearly screamed at this man (who was probably nothing more than a father glancing around for his own child - but it looked like his gaze fixed on my child).

The fact that this Karr SOB and others like him have changed our attitudes about what our little girls can wear in public is a tragedy.

I don't think JBR being in a pageant got her killed. The pageant topic is just an excuse to find fault with the Ramseys. I see so many children who are truly mistreated and unhappy. They are with unfit parents that abuse and neglect them. I think the Ramsey children were loved and cared for very much. I admire Patsy for exposing JBR to modeling, acting, singing and dancing at an early age. John Ramsey has a grown son, I believe. If there had been abuse going on, the small children might not have reported it but the older one would have. These parents don't fit the profile of abusers at all. But Karr fits the profile of a pedophile and it would take one to do this.

Adult, grown men have different 'tastes' when it comes to what they look at/are attracted to in a woman. One grown, adult man might light breasts, one might like legs, one might like calves, one might like eyes...same with adult grown woman liking/being attracted to men with say, big hands, smooth face, bearded men, men with thick necks, etc.

Pedos have their prefs too. Some like little girls with curly hair, some with long hair, some like the brown hair. Pedos might like little boys who are more demure than most their age, are feminine looking or with dark hair or curly hair.
One pedo might find a young girl dressed up Vegas Showgirl style a big turn-on where another will look at the same girl and get a rush from her long hair.

I just don't think it's possible at this time for anyone, no matter the science, to be able to get that deep into a pedo's mind so that it can be figured out what makes them tick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back