1314 users online (272 members and 1042 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    81

    Ablow nails it? JMK and PR

    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/LegalCent...page=1&gma=true

    This might be all we need to know.
    JMK's mother tried to kill him, abused him.
    JonBenet's mother abused her, killed her. (in his opinion)
    A mother murdering a child does not compute. He will make it not so. Mothers are supposed to be perfect - love their children.
    He'll take the rap for Patsy because psychically, it's unbearable to know that a mother could abuse and kill their own child.

    Explains JMK but not the murder.

  2. #2
    "Explains JMK but not the murder."

    There are several explanations about why this child was killed floating about.

    One is that the pedephile JK saw JonBenet at a pageant and fell in love, then tracked her down and murdered her. Another is that one of the parents had a temper tantrum that got out of control. Although most people seem reluctant to believe that any parent would do that kind of harm to their own child.

    To those that believe that neither of the parents is guilty for this reason, you need to consider ONLY the evidence. Instead of drawing from YOUR life experience and what you THINK every mother is like.

    Anyone who has ever been abused as a child can describe knowing when their parent has lost control and remember the horrific fear that maybe sometime they would be so bad that they would cause their parent to lose it and that things could go too far.

    Even when the mother is young, slender, soft spoken, seemingly sweet and beautiful and there is no known history of anything amiss with the family, behind closed doors the mother the child adores can keep that child on pins and needles afraid to displease.

    And if you think that child is gonna talk about it later when she is safe and grown up...nope...think again. That child is too ashamed to talk about what happened. Because she would rather blame herself than a parent she still adores.

    Do not tell me that a mother would never hurt her own flesh and blood through pain. I have looked into my own mother's eyes, seen the rage and known that there was always a possibility that she could lose it.

    Just maybe Karr did it. He at least seems convinced of his guilt.

    To those who say that NO mother could put her child through pain and inflict visable wounds, I gotta say, take off your rose-colored glasses. It happens. Even in "nice" families.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by blonde1
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/LegalCent...page=1&gma=true

    This might be all we need to know.
    JMK's mother tried to kill him, abused him.
    JonBenet's mother abused her, killed her. (in his opinion)
    A mother murdering a child does not compute. He will make it not so. Mothers are supposed to be perfect - love their children.
    He'll take the rap for Patsy because psychically, it's unbearable to know that a mother could abuse and kill their own child.

    Explains JMK but not the murder.
    I don't think so. The psychological profile on Wendy Hutchens' site explains it well, how he could become a child lover/molester/killer, because of the way his mother molested him; it has nothing to do with Patsy Ramsey.

  4. #4
    Before y'all decide I am thinking Patsy did it because of my own life experience, I have to add that right now I am leaning toward Karr doing it because the tone of some of the media (Nancy Grace comes to mind) has changed from shock that the DA would arrest with such flimsy evidence into showing clips of JonBenet with sad music intertwined with pictures of John Karr. And last night Nancy kept playing the sickest of the JK tapes over and over.

    I think the media is getting wind of something they can't talk about. At least their attitude toward this case seems to be changing. But, that is the only reason at this point I am leaning in that direction. So far, I do not think anything concrete really points to Karr as the little girl's killer.

    Anyway, I pointed out my own life experience because I have seen firsthand how different life can be behind closed doors. That no mother could do ANYTHING like that to her own child is simply not so. And it is no reason to exclude a suspect when the evidence points toward them.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,335
    I wish I could make up my opinion if he did it. One minute I don't think he did, the next I am sure of it. I think I should be on the jury. I can't seem to get an opinion that I can stick with. I will wait for all the dna, prints, and if they can place Mr. High Pants there.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,228
    Great posts Jollynna,

    Your statement "I think the media is getting wind of something they can't talk about. At least their attitude toward this case seems to be changing." is something I have noticed too. Most encouraging!

    Three nights ago I was lost, not knowing what fit with what, and the night before that I was sure Karr was the killer. Up and down, that is how I go in trying to figure this out. It is almost a brand new case, ezcept we are so fortunate to have all the work the oldsters in the case have left for us to utilize.

    Euff Ta Meta! It is a most complicated case.


    Scandi

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna
    Before y'all decide I am thinking Patsy did it because of my own life experience, I have to add that right now I am leaning toward Karr doing it because the tone of some of the media (Nancy Grace comes to mind) has changed from shock that the DA would arrest with such flimsy evidence into showing clips of JonBenet with sad music intertwined with pictures of John Karr. And last night Nancy kept playing the sickest of the JK tapes over and over.

    I think the media is getting wind of something they can't talk about. At least their attitude toward this case seems to be changing. But, that is the only reason at this point I am leaning in that direction. So far, I do not think anything concrete really points to Karr as the little girl's killer.

    Anyway, I pointed out my own life experience because I have seen firsthand how different life can be behind closed doors. That no mother could do ANYTHING like that to her own child is simply not so. And it is no reason to exclude a suspect when the evidence points toward them.
    Jolynna,

    I am sorry to hear about the experiences you suffered with your mother.

    I don't think anyone here on WS is naive enough to take the stance that "no mother could do anything to hurt her child.", and I don't believe that statement has been made, IMO. This site gives a grim look into the underbelly of society, cruel and sick crimes, and the worst of the worst. I could use alot of adjectives to describe what I think the typical WS poster is, and naivete is not one of them. We know all too well that horrible things happen to children, sometimes at the hands of strangers, and sometimes at the hands of those who are supposed to love, nurture and protect them the most--their parents.

    Jolynna posted:
    "To those that believe that neither of the parents is guilty for this reason, you need to consider ONLY the evidence. Instead of drawing from YOUR life experience and what you THINK every mother is like"

    I don't think neither parent is guilty, and I have considered only the evidence. I have arrived at my opinion in this without ANY inference from my own life experience, nor how I view any other mother.

    Hundreds of highly talented and experienced (and yes, definately some real knuckleheaded LE, also) LE have spent the last 10 years considering the evidence and have tried in vain to pin this on the Ramseys, and they haven't been able to do it yet. 10 years. That's gotta say something.

    As far as the media's "tone" changing your mind---although the IDI could use more supporters--the media is just a bunch of talking heads, and they do whatever they can to garner ratings. Don't let the simple fact of them showing JonBenets photo intertwined with sad music & JMK's photos influence you. Like you say....you need to consider the evidence only. The media will do whatever they can to get that "shock value", and this past week, they have driven me crazy.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,399
    It is not that I don't believe parents, specifically a mother, would do harm to their own child. It happens so often that no one can really claim that. I just don't believe the staging scenario fits. I just don't see Patsy or John causing the severe head injury to Jon Benet, & rather than seeking help, breaking off a paint brush, sticking it inside her vagina & creating a garrote ligature to protect their all-important reputation. How could they stay married carrying such a huge burdensome secret between them? He was at her side when she passed so don't give me the marriage for appearance's sake crap. RE: The ransom note...who could try to disguise their handwriting for 3 pages? I could do it for 2-3 sentences at most. It would take all night just to get that RN right let alone the other staging. Why would John Ramsey casually say on 12/26 the window had been broken previously instead of pointing & shouting OMG the window is broken the abductors must have come in that way?

    Where is there another instance of a parent going this far, not just taking the body out of the house & dumping it elsewhere? If they had money to buy off all the experts & DA to keep them out of prison for murder, they would have had it to get JB the best medical assistance possible &, whether she recovered or not, to silence inquiries into the source of the injury.

    I watch a lot of forensic files shows, & read a lot of true crime books, but I have not deluded myself into thinking I could commit the perfect crime & get away with it. I don't think the Ramseys could either.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    677
    I am 100% with you. That's exactly what I think. Well said!
    The above post is my opinion to which I am entitled.

    Philippians 2:5-10~~'nuff said.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna
    Although most people seem reluctant to believe that any parent would do that kind of harm to their own child.

    To those that believe that neither of the parents is guilty for this reason, you need to consider ONLY the evidence. Instead of drawing from YOUR life experience and what you THINK every mother is like.


    Yeesh - this nonsense again! Most people on websleuths have seen far too many court cases to believe that a mother won't harm a child, even in the most violent and vile ways - nor to believe that a pretty face, a pretty house, nice stories from relatives and neighbors proves anything.
    Before y'all decide I am thinking Patsy did it because of my own life experience
    We're not donig that to you - please don't do that to us. Each person is an individual, and you never know what life experience isn't yet being talked about... If and when someone says "Patsy couldn't have done it - a mother just wouldn't!" - address them - I've given a few of them some info to explain why I just can't believe that - even if I tend to lean IDI, not RDI.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Not Of This World
    Posts
    21,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Details


    Yeesh - this nonsense again! Most people on websleuths have seen far too many court cases to believe that a mother won't harm a child, even in the most violent and vile ways - nor to believe that a pretty face, a pretty house, nice stories from relatives and neighbors proves anything. We're not donig that to you - please don't do that to us. Each person is an individual, and you never know what life experience isn't yet being talked about... If and when someone says "Patsy couldn't have done it - a mother just wouldn't!" - address them - I've given a few of them some info to explain why I just can't believe that - even if I tend to lean IDI, not RDI.
    You're right, there are far, far, too many cases where a mother has done horrible things to her child. I can't believe anyone would think otherwise.


    Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

    Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

    10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

    Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

    Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    214
    Without discussing Patsy as a mother at all, we have an example of a mother who sexually molested and tried to kill her own son, namely, John Karr's mother, Patricia Adcock Karr. This reminded me of the true story Sybil which was a book and a tv movie, of a mother who sexually abused her own daughter, who devloped multiple personalities as a way of protecting herself from the horror. Mothers definitely can do these things and no one is saying they don't.

    What I am saying though, is that Patsy does not fit the profile of this kind of psychopathic woman. And there's no sign that she abused either of her children. There is a lot of proof that abuse begets abuse, and it is going to be a field day for psychologists to analyze the tragic story of two generations of incest which caused John Karr to become so confused about who he was , and what was right or wrong.

    It's possible to be horribly abused and not grow up to be a pervert or a killer, of course. We know that too, but the thing is that it did happen to John Karr, who stands out with every single thing we hear about him, as a very typical victim of severely traumatic childhood abuse, who went on to do the same to other children, despite being an intelligent, handsome, and sensitive young man. He had the demons within him from childhood.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,799
    I know that parents can be as brutal as any killer, and sometimes are even more brutal than any serial killer. But I still haven't seen anything that completely convinces me that PR and JR did it. The theories of everything that was done in the staging is one of the things that is keeping me from believing that parents did it. First they kill their daughter- then they think to write a ransom note, change her underwear to a size twelve, lets wash her up, make a garrotte and put it around her neck and tighten it tight, and oh yeah, while I am thinking about it- give me that paintbrush to put up in her. Lets leave her in the basement so she can be found inside the house.
    It is just too complicated for parents who have just killed their daughter. Parents who kill usually either call 911 or do their best to get the kid away from the house so they can claim that it is missing and not have the kid where it can point the finger at them. So if they took the time to do staging at the home, I think they would have taken the body and dumped it somewhere. And PR sure as heck would not have admitted any knowlege of those size 12's. After all, LE didn't get the package with the rest of them.
    But likewise I have a lot of questions about JMK. Though I don't have too much of a problem with the inconsistencies. If he did it, he has fanatasied about it for 10 years. But not about the details of how to get in, or how to stage the crime.....he would only be fantasizing about they time that he was actually with her. Some of the other details would get fuzzy over the years. You see it all the time in serial killers. They can tell you some things about the murders they did.....but many of the details they don't think is important they won't remember or will get wrong.
    The only thing I am sure of is that you never know what LE has tucked away in their files. They tell somethings, some things get leaked (purposely or without authorization) but some of what they had probably didn't get out. And what did get out, could be incomplete or skewed in some way by the retelling.
    Also don't discount the fact that media is changing their tone about JMK. Many times media will get info that is not released for publication or that they can't verify and so won't print. I think the fact that their tone is changing is telling.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by scandi
    Great posts Jollynna,

    Your statement "I think the media is getting wind of something they can't talk about. At least their attitude toward this case seems to be changing." is something I have noticed too. Most encouraging!
    I was thinking about this, as well, and it is encouraging from the standpoint that maybe, maybe, this hasn't been a huge waste of time and money, but it is discouraging to think that the media isn't talking about something they know. That is their whole purpose for being.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,415
    Quote Originally Posted by absolut_alexis
    I was thinking about this, as well, and it is encouraging from the standpoint that maybe, maybe, this hasn't been a huge waste of time and money, but it is discouraging to think that the media isn't talking about something they know. That is their whole purpose for being.
    yes, but sometimes there are things they CANNOT talk about publicly, for the public good. Especially in a high profile case like this one where so many people are watching. If it can be unmistakably proven that JMK did it, they can't risk tainting a possible future jury by releasing the "key" evidence that may convict him. Or by releasing evidence publicly that only the killer would know.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CA - Nails Planted in CA playground
    By JBean in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 10:57 AM
  2. DNA Under Nails Matches Panty DNA?
    By Nuisanceposter in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 02:25 PM