1419 users online (281 members and 1138 guests)  

Websleuths News

Daytona Beach Girl Fights Back, Escapes From Would Be Abductor

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- A 14 year-old girl managed to fight off a kidnapper as she walked home from school in Daytona Beach. Now, police are looking for the man responsible.

The young girl had just gotten off her bus and was cutting behind a Checkers to her home when the man approached her. The girl told police the man said he had been watching her for a while and then he grabbed her.

She was able to use her backpack as a weapon and fight the suspect off.

The police report said the man responded by punching the 14-year-old in the face, but the girl was still able to get away.

The assailant is described as a white or Hispanic man, about 5-feet 10-inches tall and weighing approximately 160 pounds. The girl said he had long black hair and a thick moustache.

The victim and her family are pretty shaken up and did not want to talk about the incident. Police said she may have saved her own life by choosing to fight back.
    http://www.wftv.com/news/9740011/detail.html

WOW! Thank god this young woman was quick thinking and comfortable standing up for herself.
    IMHO

Wow! Good for her. I think all children should take defense classes. This sickos would never know what hit them.

Wow.. Kudos to this little girl and her bravery to fight back. In her case it obviously made the difference. Poor thing she must have been terrified.. I can;t imagine how tramatic this was.. but maybe she is a great lesson to other children who live near her.. She choose to fight and was able to get away .. not so in other missing childrens cases like Carli Bruchia..( makes me so incredibly sad to think about her). I am going to insist my child continue karate and to take self defense lessons until eternity or our society no longer tolerates these sickos running around..and the cease to exist..

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Yea! What a good ending. Kids and adults just remember, make lots of noise and fight back don't let them get you in a car/van or to a secluded area because all bets are off then. Make a huge scene!!!!!!

I'm so glad she fought and got away! As Curious1 says once they have you under their control you have'nt a chance.

I always taught my kids and their friends and now my grandkids, never to let them take you away or tie you up. Then you are at their mercy.

( Do folks remember the 8 nurses who were murdered in Chicago years ago and tied each other up at the murderers demand thinking that would be best? To go along with him to appease him? Poor girls. If only,if only they would have fought him or something! It's so frustrating to think of. My heart breaks when I think of that case.)

I saw a website with a self defense tape created for kids and adults.. and the one thing that really made me pay attention was that they had studied abductions and failed abductions.. the one thing the failed attempts had in common was that the potential vitcim had tripped or fallen during an attempt to escape which prevented a quick snatch and run that the abductor wanted. They want to grab you and get away as fastt as possible with as little visability as they can.. once away they can take their time with you. The tape i saw recommended throwing yourself on the ground and wrapping yourself around the lages of the abductor.. preventing them from picking you up and running awya with you.. Also to yell like crazy to call attention to yourself and the perp. The longer you can prevent them from moving you the better.. they will realize its not going to work and make a run for it.. Premise is always the same..Never go to the second location.. if you get hurt trying its better then if you go quietly .. far worse is likely to happen then... so sad we have to teach our children to defend themselves from would be abductors.

Good advice. Also, if they DO manage to get you in the car, JUMP right into their lap while they're trying to drive. DO NOT try to open the passenger side door. Scratch their eyes out and get behind that steering wheel. That WILL draw attention to the car.