957 users online (184 members and 773 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

24,' 'Office' Win Emmys for Best Series

LOS ANGELES Aug 27, 2006 (AP)— "24" won the Emmy award for outstanding drama series Sunday night, and "The Office" won for outstanding comedy series.

Kiefer Sutherland of "24" won for best actor in a drama series.

Earlier, the Emmys followed a predictable path as Tony Shalhoub won his third acting trophy for "Monk" and departed series "Will & Grace," "The West Wing" and "Huff" earned bittersweet toasts.

The surprises in the ceremony were courtesy of host Conan O'Brien and his inventive comedy bits, including a running gag that had Bob Newhart's life threatened if the show ran long.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ory?id=2363798

Quote Originally Posted by PlasmaFiend024
    LOS ANGELES Aug 27, 2006 (AP)— "24" won the Emmy award for outstanding drama series Sunday night, and "The Office" won for outstanding comedy series.

Kiefer Sutherland of "24" won for best actor in a drama series.

Earlier, the Emmys followed a predictable path as Tony Shalhoub won his third acting trophy for "Monk" and departed series "Will & Grace," "The West Wing" and "Huff" earned bittersweet toasts.

The surprises in the ceremony were courtesy of host Conan O'Brien and his inventive comedy bits, including a running gag that had Bob Newhart's life threatened if the show ran long.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ory?id=2363798
    Thanks for posting this. "24" is my all-time favorite show and I'm so happy it won! Keifer Sutherland does an outstanding job as Jack Bauer. Like the t-shirt says, "If you don't watch 24, you don't know Jack!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ca-Sun
    Thanks for posting this. "24" is my all-time favorite show and I'm so happy it won! Keifer Sutherland does an outstanding job as Jack Bauer. Like the t-shirt says, "If you don't watch 24, you don't know Jack!"
    It's still on here CA-Sun, if you want to watch. Thanks for posting Plasma, I am betting my family on the winners because they don't know.

ETA: I don't know Jack.

here are the rest of the winners for those that don't want to wait:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ory?id=2363813

Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    It's still on here CA-Sun, if you want to watch. Thanks for posting Plasma, I am betting my family on the winners because they don't know.

ETA: I don't know Jack.
    Thanks, JBean. Bet you would like Jack if you got to know him! Going to watch it now.

We absolutely love "The Office." I am so glad that they won!!

Yeah thanks for the great replies guys.both 24 and the office deserved to win.both keifer sutherland and steve carell are great.plus i cant wait for the new season of 24.isnt it kinda weird they snubbed lost?

Yeah thanks for the great replies guys.both 24 and the office deserved to win.both keifer sutherland and steve carell are great.plus i cant wait for the new season of 24.isnt it kinda weird they snubbed lost?
    I got so spoiled by the british Office, but I love Steve Carell.

plus i cant wait for the new season of 24.isnt it kinda weird they snubbed lost?
    Neither can I! We have only 5 more months to go! I never got into Lost.

Didn't they change the rules and deadlines causing a lot of shows to miss the deadlines for various categories??

Quote Originally Posted by Ca-Sun
    Neither can I! We have only 5 more months to go! I never got into Lost.
    Lost wasn't as good last season as it was in the first season - just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    We absolutely love "The Office." I am so glad that they won!!
    Just thinking about The Office makes me laugh! I can't wait for it to start back up again.

I am addicted to "24".

I have never watched it on tv, I've been watching it a season at a time on DVD. This is a great way to watch 24 if you have a week to lose

How many seasons have there been? I have seen seasons 1-4, but on the radio today they said there were 6 seasons? I thought maybe they were just going into their 5th season?

The Emmy's place crash skit has been called insensitive in light of the plane crash in Kentucky:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060828/...sh_controversy

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    Just thinking about The Office makes me laugh! I can't wait for it to start back up again.
    I also like 'The Office'. Steve Carrell does a great job as the slimy Michael. My favorites are Jim and Pam. I noticed the actor who plays Dwight wasn't on stage, or at least I didn't see him.
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast