Breaking News 8/28

Doesn't he go before the judge this afternoon?

Today is just an advisment hearing. Not sure if he is going to be charged today. I don't think we are going to find out what they have on him today. I'm hoping for something though.

Good Morning JBean,

The time has expired for filing charges against Karr. Do you think that will be done today when he goes to court? This will really be the tell-tale day then for learning if the DA feels she has enough to make charges.

News is just in that DNA was taken from Karr last Thursday and results could be in later today. That was from Michell Hopkins live in Boulder with FOX.

Scandi, I just heard on Fox that they have 72 hours from today, after the advisement hearing. Are they wrong?

MrsMush99 said:
Scandi, I just heard on Fox that they have 72 hours from today, after the advisement hearing. Are they wrong?
I haven't heard anything about that. Maybe the law is 72 hours from his first court hearing.

scandi said:
Good Morning JBean,

The time has expired for filing charges against Karr. Do you think that will be done today when he goes to court? This will really be the tell-tale day then for learning if the DA feels she has enough to make charges.

News is just in that DNA was taken from Karr last Thursday and results could be in today.
I'll go out on a limb, and say, "no surprise" Karr's DNA does NOT match the DNA found at the crime scene. Karr himself, already prepared us for this. Why?? Karr didn't murder Jon Benet. That's my opinion, and until proven otherwise, I am sticking to it.

Buzz, If the DNA doesn't match, do you still expect them to charge Karr?

scandi said:
Do you think we will find out if it matches or doesn't match since they are under a gag order?

scandi said:
IMO, they shouldn't attempt to try Karr without a very in-depth investigation to prove that Karr couldn't have obtained any inculpatory evidence against him, from other sources, including Michael Tracey, and/or, the internet. To me, this appears to be a ruse, fabricated by Karr's obvious fascination with this case.

scandi said:
I haven't heard anything about that. Maybe the law is 72 hours from his first court hearing.
Scandi and Mrs. Mush,
Last week when the Monday court date was set (today 4:30 MT time), it was explained that the clock started ticking after that, meaning authorities have 72 hours following today's advisement hearing to charge him. So, no, the time has not passed yet to charge him.

Buzzm1 said:
IMO, they shouldn't attempt to try Karr without a very in-depth investigation to prove that Karr couldn't have obtained any inculpatory evidence against him, from other sources, including Michael Tracey, and/or, the internet. To me, this appears to be a ruse, fabricated by Karr's obvious fascination with this case.

I think you are probably totally correct that Karr has fabricated his own involvement in the case. I hold out hope that perhaps it is not so and the case may be solved by this mans confession .....but my gut tells me this guy is making this up because he gets off on it and because he will now forever be part of the great mystery that is the JBR case.

I think he would be a great suspect, the wierdness, the obsession with little girls, even the "Shall Be The Conquerer" but I don't think he was in Boulder Colorado at all much less long enough to be involved in this crime. I don't think the person who commited this crime was just walking past that day and broke in..... If an intruder was involved it was an intruder to was at least a little familiar with the family/house/JBR.

But it is still good that a guy like this is taken off the streets. I think locked up is exactly where he belongs. Perhaps he can be jailed for various other things he has talked about and the child *advertiser censored* and perhaps for making false statements in this case? (if of course they are found to be false).

I wait to hear what happens next...but I don't hold out much hope this is the guy....but maybe...

This am on MSNBC Rita Crosby interviewed the man who thought he saw JKM on Dec26 at the bus depot in Boulder. He said, on air, that the man was acting very bizarre and had a red stain on the front of his jacket that looked like blood. The man said he couldn't swear it was JMK because of the time elasped but he was pretty sure. He also mentioned other people at the station saw him and reacted to his bizzare behavior. He said maybe someone else will remember and come forward.

Some interesting tidbits on Dayside on Fox today from Candace DeLong, former FBI profiler. One, the arrest warrant for Karr is 80-90 pages long. If that's common knowledge, forgive me, but I hadn't heard that before. Two, DeLong herself says she's now leaning toward thinking, in her words, "Karr is the one who killed little JonBenet." I've generally found DeLong to be pretty credible in the past, so I would have liked to hear more about why she's leaning in that direction. Naturally, it was too short a segment to find out.

Louisa said:
Some interesting tidbits on Dayside on Fox today from Candace DeLong, former FBI profiler. One, the arrest warrant for Karr is 80-90 pages long. If that's common knowledge, forgive me, but I hadn't heard that before. Two, DeLong herself says she's now leaning toward thinking, in her words, "Karr is the one who killed little JonBenet." I've generally found DeLong to be pretty credible in the past, so I would have liked to hear more about why she's leaning in that direction. Naturally, it was too short a segment to find out.

Louisa, I saw that, too, and thought, wow. If Candace thinks he did it, that's huge.

the boudler DA office and police have spent 10 years performing as KEYSTONE cops. i just had to believe that somehow they got something on this guy. my belief was the detective tailing KARR for 7 days in Thailand got DNA and they got a match - maybe its me HOPING for justice and that the KEYSTONE COPS, along with the DA have all retired and new people actually CAN get justice for little jon benet.....as crazy as this KARR story is....and implausible to the Nth degree...maybe someone finally got the killer. i so hope its true

Karr currently being held in Maximum Security at the Boulder jail due to "the charges he faces". Why was he moved?

Also MSNBC reporting that Karr is NOT under a suicide watch as he was in CA. Why not?

Has Karr been seen by anyone besides his attorney? Any medical or psych exam done?

I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies I once had for Seth Temin and I hope, in the end, he proves me wrong....but why does Seth Temin insist on being present for any visits Karr has and that includes his family? What if his family were to tell Karr they found a CO lawyer who had agreed to represent him? I mean, to heck with being present for any DNA tests that we know aren't going to match, why isn't he requesting a court ordered mental evaluation of his client?

I'm still very concerned that the judge is the same one who presided over the grand jury, who also issues a "gag order" that also means that Karr's defense attorney cannot make any statement proclaiming his client's innocence.

Hmmmmmm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back