682 users online (66 members and 616 guests)  

Websleuths News

Emergency Landing US Airways

A bomb threat has forced a US Airways jet to make an emergency landing at Tri-Cities Airport.
    Federal Aviation Administration officials say a number of notes indicating a bomb was on board were found on the plane. The flight orginated in Philadelphia and was headed to Houston with 50 passengers.
    FBI and other law enforcement agencies are on the scene and bomb sniffing dogs are searching the plane. The aircraft is parked in an isolated area away from the terminal.

http://www.wcyb.com/newsread.asp?newsid=7381

This is in Bristol, TN
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    A bomb threat has forced a US Airways jet to make an emergency landing at Tri-Cities Airport.
    Federal Aviation Administration officials say a number of notes indicating a bomb was on board were found on the plane. The flight orginated in Philadelphia and was headed to Houston with 50 passengers.
    FBI and other law enforcement agencies are on the scene and bomb sniffing dogs are searching the plane. The aircraft is parked in an isolated area away from the terminal.

http://www.wcyb.com/newsread.asp?newsid=7381

This is in Bristol, TN
    Yikes! Keep us posted.

No bomb was found. Everyone is OK.
    Retired 08/03/03

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    No bomb was found. Everyone is OK.
    Yeah,, well you still wouldn't see me hauling my butt back up into that plane - no bomb or not........

How far of a walk is it to Houston?????

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

This just really scares the bejeebers out of me, especially since Philadelphia is the airport I have to use. My poor Mom is all the way in Oregon and tomorrow is her 92nd birthday. As much as I would dearly love to see her, I'm just too chicken to get on any plane right now. Just the hassle of getting there is more than this old bod can take. Wish me luck that there is no family emergency.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Oh my nerves are about to get the best of me!! My little sister is a flight attendant for US Air. She's on the smaller commuter planes (which scared the bejeebers out of me yesterday!!). But when I saw Philadelphia and 50 people, my mind just started to wander!