WHY was the Ramsey plane NOT ready at 10 AM?

Camper

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
IF the plan was for the R's to leave Boulder area at o'dark thirty Dec 25, and the plane would take two hours to be readied when JR called at 10AM Dec 25th, HOW COME?

Time for DA Lacy to figure out this case. TELEPHONE RECORDS ARE NEEDED FOR DECEMBER 25 and 26th.

WE are told that JR spent hours at the airport on Christmas day. I am betting that he either called and filed a flight plan for the 26th on the 25th while he was at the airport.

I am betting that he fueled the plane on Christmas Day, IF IF IF he did there would be credit card records that HE DID.

DA Lacy needs to know WHO filed the flight plan and WHEN they filed it. A quick phone call to file the plan would not take but a few minutes.

WHY was the plane not ready at 10, and WHY was the pilot not there when JR called? The pilot returned JR's call later, WE donut know how much later after the call that the pilot returned JR's call, the DA Lacy needs to find that out.

JR sold his plane to the pilot one year later for a greatly reduced price. Story was that JR 'needed money' for legal expenses.

I don't have my DOI anymore, but in there JR tells of the improvements he made to his personal 'trip to Charlevoix/Mpls plane' the improvements were substantial and expensive. He states in DOI that the improvements he made made his plane the fastest one of this kind of model in the world.

I spoke for quite some time to a man who has many friends who fly their own personal planes. To prep for a flight does not take that long. TWO hours at 10 AM, when the plane was already ready does NOT ring the bell of truth for silly me. I am a handicapped person, I and WE donut know ALL of the facts of this case, harumph, seems neither does the DA Lacy.

When he sold the plane at reduced price, per the media, it was because of their legal expenses, huh, er?

JR could have, imop, have let his pilot who ran a flight service, use JR's personal plane and gotten $$$ from that on a regular basis. JR and family were not destitute they went on to new fields of endeavor in GA after the murder and built a brand NEW and very expensive home.

Remember the story about how they wanted the GA builder to build a home with only ONE door, for security! Building codes required a home to have more than ONE DOOR! Yet they managed to leave the home unsecured in order for a man to come in and take JR's guns, which he told BPD that he did not have any guns, OOPS. I don't remember IF IF the guns were ever recovered, anyone remember?

I recently spent some considerable time with a gentleman who has many friends who fly their personal planes. Said you can file flight plan on a computer quickly or by telephone. Plus it most certainly would not take two hours to prep a plane like JR's for flight, IF it was already ready at o'dark thirty.

DA Lacy, time to travel some skipped side roads on this case, imop.

Maybe the pilot made other plans, and saying "it'll take two hours to get the plane ready" meant "it'll take me 30 mins to say good bye to my family, 30 minutes to shower and get ready, 30 mins to drive to airport and 30 minutes organising for plane to take off"??? When did JR inform the pilot that they wouldn't be boarding the plane at 6.30 as planned? Did he call the pilot after he'd called the police? Did the police examine the phone/cell phone/credit records of the 25th and 26th? Surely they MUST have, and just not released them to the public.

No telephone records were ever given to the detectives that I know of.

This is one of the things that caused Steve Thomas grief, Hunter refused to provide the records to Thomas, as I recall. Nor was credit card information given or requested as far as I recall.

Certainly if plane was fueled Christmas Day at the airfield, there would have been receipts, OR credit card charge information IF an automated fueling system waS in place at Jefferson County airport.

IF IF JR was indeed at the Jefferson County airport on Christmas Day, he surely would have been doing pre flight checks SINCE his entire family would be on board ultimately on the flight to Michigan.

So let me see if I got this right...

You are assuming that JR was planning to kill his daughter that night on xmas and was getting his plane ready a day in advance. So he had this all planned out yet was dumb enough to kill his daughter and leave the body in his basement which would initially point to family involvement? Um, okaaaaay.

Say that wasnt the case and JB died "by accident" (fit of rage or whatever) and then he was planning to high tail it out of Boulder...what, was he going to go to a diff country and hide from the law? I fail to see what that was going to do. How on earth would the ramseys leaving Colorado somehow change things? If they killed her WHY would they call the cops right away THEN try and fly out after? It makes no logical sense and it is obvious John ramsey has some logic so this doesnt fit.

IMO, some of the RDI people are reaching....big time.

To be honest, I have no idea what you are implying. Did John say he was planning to have the family fly out anyway on the 26th and thus the plane should have been ready for this?

I thought there were no cell phone records for the month of December...which is weird.

The problem is that DA Lacy thinks the R's are not involved, so DA Lacy isn't going to go in that direction. I think it's great that DA Lacy's butt is in a sling after this Karr fiasco.

RJML said:
So let me see if I got this right...

You are assuming that JR was planning to kill his daughter that night on xmas and was getting his plane ready a day in advance. So he had this all planned out yet was dumb enough to kill his daughter and leave the body in his basement which would initially point to family involvement? Um, okaaaaay.

Say that wasnt the case and JB died "by accident" (fit of rage or whatever) and then he was planning to high tail it out of Boulder...what, was he going to go to a diff country and hide from the law? I fail to see what that was going to do. How on earth would the ramseys leaving Colorado somehow change things? If they killed her WHY would they call the cops right away THEN try and fly out after? It makes no logical sense and it is obvious John ramsey has some logic so this doesnt fit.

IMO, some of the RDI people are reaching....big time.

------>>>>>OH hold on, plus welcome NEW person. You would do well to read the archives and you would not attribute things to me that I never thought nor said.

IF IF you were or are a man, and IF IF you knew how to fly your own plane, and IF IF you were leaving the following day for a long trip in your plane, PLEASE tell me that YOU would not be taking extra care and attention WITH your fancy and expensive plane to ensure that the plane was flight ready, fueled and the CORRECT flight plan filed?

What I am saying out loud is that the private pilot and bank records, should be checked and double checked. The telephone records should be checked as well, and they were never given or authorized by DA Hunter to be given to the detectives who requested them.

Someone is hiding 'a' monkey OR the monkey left town.

Reading interpretation is an acquired art.

DA Lacy needs to be very very busy NOW with her little shovel digging up REAL information.

Camper said:
------>>>>>OH hold on, plus welcome NEW person. You would do well to read the archives and you would not attribute things to me that I never thought nor said.

IF IF you were or are a man, and IF IF you knew how to fly your own plane, and IF IF you were leaving the following day for a long trip in your plane, PLEASE tell me that YOU would not be taking extra care and attention WITH your fancy and expensive plane to ensure that the plane was flight ready, fueled and the CORRECT flight plan filed?

What I am saying out loud is that the private pilot and bank records, should be checked and double checked. The telephone records should be checked as well, and they were never given or authorized by DA Hunter to be given to the detectives who requested them.

Someone is hiding 'a' monkey OR the monkey left town.

Reading interpretation is an acquired art.

DA Lacy needs to be very very busy NOW with her little shovel digging up REAL information.

hehe what's with the "IF IF" stuff?:) It's like E-stuttering.

So again, did John say in his book or whatever that he was planning to fly the family to Michigan or whatever? That is what I am asking. If he said he had no plans to fly out that day (meaning he had no intention of going anywhere Dec 26th regardless of what may or may happen) then logically he wouldn't prep a plane.

So basically, what exactly did John say to have you wondering about all this? Please, inform me since I do not know.

RJML said:
hehe what's with the "IF IF" stuff?:) It's like E-stuttering.

So again, did John say in his book or whatever that he was planning to fly the family to Michigan or whatever? That is what I am asking. If he said he had no plans to fly out that day (meaning he had no intention of going anywhere Dec 26th regardless of what may or may happen) then logically he wouldn't prep a plane.

So basically, what exactly did John say to have you wondering about all this? Please, inform me since I do not know.
I do not know what John put in his book, but the plane which was to go to Minneapolis to Michigan (probably Traverse City) was cancelled soon after the 911 call. Within 20 minutes after the discovery of JonBenet's body, John called his pilot and ordered the plane to be flown to Atlanta that day. After it was pointed out that would be rather bad form, the plane was cancelled. I believe Fleet White made that call to the pilot.

ljwf22 said:
I do not know what John put in his book, but the plane which was to go to Minneapolis to Michigan (probably Traverse City) was cancelled soon after the 911 call. Within 20 minutes after the discovery of JonBenet's body, John called his pilot and ordered the plane to be flown to Atlanta that day. After it was pointed out that would be rather bad form, the plane was cancelled. I believe Fleet White made that call to the pilot.
OK then so the point being made is that there was supposed to be a scheduled flight according to John and if so, there should have been prep work on the plane ready on the plane to be where it needed to be on Dec 26th but nobody knows for sure because it was never checked out. Gotcha.

I fail to see the importance of this because again, it makes no sense to try and leave if you are guilty like that because it would just add suspicion. However, I don't know why one would try and leave after finding his child's body unless he was thinking of meeting with family or something.

Basically, it makes no sense either way.

ljwf22 said:

that's always been a 'sore spot' with me...20 minutes after finding their dead daughter in the house, they plan to get out of town :mad:

RJML said:
OK then so the point being made is that there was supposed to be a scheduled flight according to John and if so, there should have been prep work on the plane ready on the plane to be where it needed to be on Dec 26th but nobody knows for sure because it was never checked out. Gotcha.

I fail to see the importance of this because again, it makes no sense to try and leave if you are guilty like that because it would just add suspicion. However, I don't know why one would try and leave after finding his child's body unless he was thinking of meeting with family or something.

the R's thought they were 'above the law', IMO...they lawyered up immediately...they knew from the beginning that they weren't going to cooperate w/LE....imo

RJML said:

Gotcha? How? Yes, there was supposed to be a flight the 26th and prep work was done. It was scheduled to fly from JeffCo to Minneapolis to pick up John's other children and then on to Michigan.

I do not know why JR wanted to go to Atlanta so quickly. I can understand they might want to get as far from the scene as possible, but it would be much more helpful to stick around and try to help in any possible way. I guess I don't understand your point.

I think if you are wealthy and in the upper class your natural instinct is to "lawyer up" if something happens. Also, they no doubt probably knew that they'd be seen as the initial suspects and thus went on the defensive. Hell, they probably got comments by LE at the time implying their guilt so they decided to get on that quickly.

I just don't think that stuff (plane, lawyer, etc) points to their guilt.
It is obvious John is a smart guy and I can't imagine him doing stuff that the media or whoever may take as signs of guilt....but hey, maybe you're right and they thought they were above the law and did this stuff regardless them being guilty and it helping point to their guilt.:)

The part of 'the plane' that I don't understand is where was their luggage. I can't imagine that Patsy packs light. After Michigan they were to go on a cruise on Disney's Big Red Boat. Where was the luggage? Preboarded on the plane? It wasn't (or I haven't read about this) in the house. I can't imagine getting up at 5:30 and THEN pack. :confused:

About the IF IF. After ten years of posting I found that a number of 'posters' did not read posts carefully and took speculative posting as a FACT.

So I began using IF IF to get those folks attention so that they would not run like Chicken Little with false facts.

I have never speculated that JR did this crime, that is your assumption.

IF IF JR used the garrott, I feel quite sure a gentleman of his experience would know HOW to use it properly, and JonBenet would be alive.

However the blanket in the suitcase in the basement with semen NOT JR's and a Dr. Seuss book sends me in quite another direction.

Ten years of intense work on the facts of this case as WE know them, keeping in mind WE do not know all that LE knows, makes it difficult to cover ALL of the bases that WS posters have talked to death over time.

READ the books on the case, there are many. READ DOI, the book the Ramseys wrote.

Ask simple questions and posters will help you too.

ljwf22 said:
Gotcha? How? Yes, there was supposed to be a flight the 26th and prep work was done. It was scheduled to fly from JeffCo to Minneapolis to pick up John's other children and then on to Michigan.

I do not know why JR wanted to go to Atlanta so quickly. I can understand they might want to get as far from the scene as possible, but it would be much more helpful to stick around and try to help in any possible way. I guess I don't understand your point.
"Gotcha" as in I now understand the OP's point although you mention that prep work was done so I am back trying to figure out what the OP's point is. If the flight was scheduled then why does it matter what happened on Dec 25th wiht John and his plane prep and why does it matter if the plane wasnt ready or whatever at 10 AM.

My point was that I don't see trying to leave as a sign of guilt but I honestly don't understand why someone would leave. It makes no sense either way. I would logically chalk him up wishing to leave that soon as a decision based on shock (ie finding your 6 yr old daughter dead in your basement) than a way to high tail it out of there because you're a killer. Making that choice (which as we know seems odd because logically one would want to stick around and try and help) because your mind is messed from shock is more logical than doing a calculated decision after killing your child.

ljwf22 said:
The part of 'the plane' that I don't understand is where was their luggage. I can't imagine that Patsy packs light. After Michigan they were to go on a cruise on Disney's Big Red Boat. Where was the luggage? Preboarded on the plane? It wasn't (or I haven't read about this) in the house. I can't imagine getting up at 5:30 and THEN pack. :confused:
maybe she had clothes at their michigan home. If not then yeah, it does seem unusual.

RJML said:
maybe she had clothes at their michigan home. If not then yeah, it does seem unusual.
From what I understand, visits to Charlevoix in winter were rare. Then what about the luggage for the cruise?

ljwf22 said:

When John called to make those arrangements to leave, his daughter's dead body was still laying on the floor in the house - and he didn't know WHEN it would be removed.

As it was, I don't believe her body was removed until later that evening. I guess if they hadn't stopped him, they would have all flown to Atlanta while she was still laying there.

Camper said:
About the IF IF. After ten years of posting I found that a number of 'posters' did not read posts carefully and took speculative posting as a FACT.

So I began using IF IF to get those folks attention so that they would not run like Chicken Little with false facts.

I have never speculated that JR did this crime, that is your assumption.

IF IF JR used the garrott, I feel quite sure a gentleman of his experience would know HOW to use it properly, and JonBenet would be alive.

However the blanket in the suitcase in the basement with semen NOT JR's amperand a Dr. Seuss book sends me in quite another direction.

Ten years of intense work on the facts of this case as WE know them, keeping in mind WE do not know all that LE knows, makes it difficult to cover ALL of the bases that WS posters have talked to death over time.

READ the books on the case, there are many. READ DOI, the book the Ramseys wrote.

Ask simple questions and posters will help you too.

Camper, I think the IF IF IF is a great idea. :blowkiss: You are so right about a thread at a forum, one says 'maybe this', and soon after, another poster has it as a fact. :(

I did not start out on Webs discussing the case, as I am sure that is true about a lot of posters. However, there have been so many forums, I would guess many of the new posters have been active one way or another somewhere. I was. Just sayin--because of a poster's # of posts, doesn't mean they are new to the case-just sayin ;)

10 years, well a lot of us have about that # of years into trying to get Justice for JonBenet. Frustrating!

The problem is, it has been so long, and sometimes the ole memory fails us. I have been pulling the ole books out,right and left.

Thanks for being so kind, it is nice to know, you are so enthusiastic to help the new posters. :) And some who are not so new, but maybe getting too old to remember :doh:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back