TX - Jacqueline Reich, 22, charged in death of newborn, Laguna Vista, Sept 2005

cathieq

Reaction score
(8/25/06 - BROWNSVILLE, TX) - A grand jury has indicted a 22-year-old woman accused of killing her newborn baby by stuffing the child in a suitcase...
...Jacqueline Lee Reich, of Laguna Vista, faces charges of murder and injury to a child in the 2005 death of newborn, Ava... ...Reich's family discovered the baby's body October 21st in a suitcase in the bathroom and took it to police...
...Reich initially told authorities the baby was stillborn. But an autopsy found the child was born healthy on September 7th...
...She reportedly told them she put the baby "in the suitcase and forgot about it..."
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=state&id=4495284

Alittle more detail here:
http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/ts_comments.php?id=72366_0_10_0_C

FORGOT ABOUT IT? Does this woman have all her faculties? It would be interesting to know more about this so-called mother, what her life was like, did she have a job, was she a party person, etc. It's so hard to imagine what kind of person could "forget about it."

Opie said:
FORGOT ABOUT IT? Does this woman have all her faculties? It would be interesting to know more about this so-called mother, what her life was like, did she have a job, was she a party person, etc. It's so hard to imagine what kind of person could "forget about it."
It's also hard to imagine that somebody could put a healthy newborn in a suitcase and leave it in the bathroom (and forget about it) for 6 weeks!!:liar: What a lying sack of crap she is! And did her mom and step dad not notice that she was no longer preggers, and smell, what about the smell of decomposition??

She must be certifiable! How in H*ll do you give birth to a perfectly healthy little girl.. wrap a sweater over her face and place her in a trach bag and then in a suitcase and then just leave her there....?????? :furious:

How could she just ignore the baby's cries? OMG I will never understand how anyone can disassociate to the extent of ignoring your helpless infant... This woman should be locked up for life and never allowed to have children.. As matter of fact it should be part of her senatance that she undergoes a hysterectomy and is prevented from ever adopting or acting as a foster parent. No contact with children whats so ever!

To think she could have just left baby somewhere safe..a hospital or fire station .. with someone else who has a heart ...and to think of all the folks who so desperately want a baby..

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6228200.html

A woman whose newborn daughter was found dead and stuffed in a suitcase has pleaded guilty to a charge of injury to a child.
Reich faces five to 99 years in prison — the same prison sentence for murder, Villalobos said. She also would be eligible for probation.

she better not get probation!! this was a human child, she is a 24 year old adult.:eek:

just sickening!!

It always amazes me that if a woman kills her child, why would she save the body?

I mean I can kind of understand the psychology of a woman who has a stillborn child and keeps the remains. But if they have actually contributed to the death, why do they hang onto the remains?

On this case, according to the way I understand this article the baby was born in 2005 and had been dead about two weeks when family found it. Yet it is Jan. 2009 before it is being prosecuted. What happened in between? When did family report finding the remains?

It says in that article

Authorities believe the baby had been dead for at least two weeks before it was discovered, but attorneys on both sides of the case dispute whether the child was born alive or stillborn. Cameron County District Attorney Armando Villalobos said pathologists who performed autopsies on the child had conflicting opinions

Of all the cases we hear of *heartbreaking* imagine the number of cases that go unnoticed and unreported *tears*

Her sentencing hearing is 12 FEB 09.

I am just now getting around to reading about this and the news link no longer has the story in it. I did not get the details.

Did the coroner do an autopsy? This woman still covered up the baby's death and hid the little body in a suitcase. That is really twisted.

I am looking forward to knowing what she is sentenced to. She had better not just get probation!!!

sadly its not unbelievable.

but this is texas......they give child molesters the dp.

why does a baby killer get 10 years?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back