JAR's semen on the blanket in a suitcase in the basement

Guy_in_Georgia

Reaction score
The semen on a blanket in a suitcase found in the basment is VERY significant. The family was planning a trip out of town the morning of the 26th. I don't know about you, but our family and most of my friends always get our suitcases out and pack a few things the night before an early A.M. departure.

An intruder just happening to select that very suitcase out of many that you would think would be stored together in the basement?

Scenario:

The suitcase was one of many brought upstairs in preparation for the A.M. departure. A family member, while cleaning-up after discovering the murder put one of the incriminating pieces of evidence from the crime scene (the blanket) into one of the suitcases and brought it downstairs, perhaps planning to wash/dispose of it later. Then, a while later, after the intruder theory has been hatched, a different family member goes down into the basement and places that suitcase directly under the window to bolster an intruder theory.

The significant thing to remember about that night is that most of the suitcases may (I say may) have already been brought upstairs in preparation for the trip, and that particular suitcase was the only large one down there.

That may be the only mistake the conspirator and/or murderer made that night, one that points directly to the family.

Hi Guy_in_Georgia,

I've never heard about that before. Do you have a link that says the blanket was brought down into the basement and put in that suitcase and then the suitcase was moved by that person to under the window?

If you don't have a link, do you live or have lived close to the Ramseys when they were in Ga? How do you know this?

When I first heard of JonBenet's death, one thing the paper stated is that because of Patsy's illness they hadn't had sexual relations for a long time. To think of John using his daughter in that way is just beyond my scope of reality just because he was horny. She had not had a penis in her acc to that one doctor. It was just the opening to her vagina was twice as big as normal for a girl her age. What would cause that?

Is JAR John Ramsey? I'm assuming it is, but thought I'd better ask! ;)

What puzzles me is why the Ramsey's would go to all the trouble of covering up JBR's murder by moving suitcases, hitting her on the head, cleaning her up etc. when they could have put JBR in their car and got rid of the body. Wouldn't burying her body be the logical thing to do if Patsy wrote the ransom note? Why leave JBR in the house and face all the scrutiny, it doesn't make sense.

"No Body, No Crime"

It was proven that JAR was nowhere near Boulder at the time of the murder. He was completely cleared.

Who knows why one of his used sheets would be in a suitcase in the basement? The entire household appears to have been chaotic.

And we can be sure that when his semen was found on that sheet, it was thoroughly tested for any of Jonbenet's semen at the same time.

It's just another red herring.

The blue suitcase has always been a little odd. I personally never thought it had anything to do with the actual case. The contents are what? The blanket with seman, a pillow sham and a Cat In The Hat Book. Years ago, a theory surfaced that this book could possibly be used by a pedophile. I sort of poo pooed the idea myself. But it's an old suitcase, found in the basement. To me, it made more sense that it was down there for storage. After all, John Andrew had his own bedroom, and it's never been said that "the suitcase" was supposed to be anywhere other than where it was found.

And even though John Andrew had a room at his dad's home, he actually lived with his mother in Florida, I do believe.

If the suitcase was put there deliberately it most definately points to an inside job. How in the world would an intruder know that John Andrews seman is on the blanket? Which leads to the question - if it was put there as staging - was it the first thing they grabbed to sit under the window? Or did they know something more sinister about that suitcase and set it there deliberately?

So there are two scenerios. An intruder just happened to grap it and set it under the window to help him/herself back out of the house. Or it was staging by someone in the house and they either knew or didn't know it's contents.

After reading so much on this case throughout the years I think it was staging and it's contents were known.

It was John Ramsey, not Patsy Ramsey that wanted to go to Michigan to celebrate Christmas with his kids. Patsy was trying to pack summer clothes for their trip on the big RED Boat - to celebrate her birthday. The Michigan home had winter clothes in it - so no need to pack much there.

I just don't get why the kids didn't just come up to Boulder Christmas Day. With so much to do - had it been me, I would have said 'honey this is a bit much with the boat trip and JonBenets next pageant coming up so soon. this house is completely decorated just have john and melinda come here and open gifts'

But now. What John wants - John apparently gets. The dynamics between John and Patsy were not perfect. Most wives know their husbands financial affiars, including their bonus. According to Patsy she didn't.

Was a bible opened to a certain passage in the den? How about a dictionary opened to the word incest?

Maybe Patsy stopped something right in it's tracks because she felt she had to.

wenchie said:
It was proven that JAR was nowhere near Boulder at the time of the murder. He was completely cleared. It's just another red herring.
None of the Ramsey's have been cleared, including JAR. In fact, early on in the investigation a neighbor had come forward who saw someone who looked like JAR walking up the hill near the Ramsey house on Christmas afternoon.

Just because JAR and his friends stated that they were in Atlanta doesn't make it so. We know enough about the case to know people could be lying about other things.

scandi said:
Hi Guy_in_Georgia, I've never heard about that before. Do you have a link that says the blanket was brought down into the basement and put in that suitcase and then the suitcase was moved by that person to under the window?
scandi: No, that's my theory, based on that particular suitcase being found in the basement, under the window (which has been the keystone of the intruder theory).

Your post just send me on a search to check my facts.

JAR and his sister have definitely been officially cleared.

This was a very thorough investigation. If JAR had been in Colorado, it would have been found out.

wenchie said:
Your post just send me on a search to check my facts.
JAR and his sister have definitely been officially cleared. This was a very thorough investigation. If JAR had been in Colorado, it would have been found out.
JAR and his friends stated that they were in Atlanta at the time of the murder. JAR also provided a ticket stub to a movie (a month after the murder) dated Christmas Day, Dec 25, 1996.

JAR had Access to a private plane (pun intended), and could very well have made the trip to Boulder and back that evening.

Folks, we're talking Access Graphics, a multi-million dollar enterprise, Top Secret government contracts. etc.. There's evil in this world; big money and power are at work here. No proof to offer in regard to the JonBenet murder.

Guy_in_Georgia said:
JAR and his friends stated that they were in Atlanta at the time of the murder. JAR also provided a ticket stub to a movie (a month after the murder) dated Christmas Day, Dec 25, 1996.

JAR had Access to a private plane (pun intended), and could very well have made the trip to Boulder and back that evening.

Folks, we're talking Access Graphics, a multi-million dollar enterprise, Top Secret government contracts. etc.. There's evil in this world; big money and power are at work here. No proof to offer in regard to the JonBenet murder.

You still have to log your flight. You don't just get in a private plane and take off in secret.

Guy_in_Georgia said:
None of the Ramsey's have been cleared, including JAR. In fact, early on in the investigation a neighbor had come forward who saw someone who looked like JAR walking up the hill near the Ramsey house on Christmas afternoon.

Just because JAR and his friends stated that they were in Atlanta doesn't make it so. We know enough about the case to know people could be lying about other things.
JARs alibi is a grainy atm photo where he was wearing a baseball cap....IIRC...he and his friends also produced movie ticket stubbs from that night.:waitasec: ...guess some people like to keep their used movie tickets.

Why don't you explain how a plane could get airspace and runway clearance and keep it a secret - as well as how you would get a pilot to risk prison by lying for you in a murder investigation?

Guy_in_Georgia said:
None of the Ramsey's have been cleared, including JAR. In fact, early on in the investigation a neighbor had come forward who saw someone who looked like JAR walking up the hill near the Ramsey house on Christmas afternoon. Just because JAR and his friends stated that they were in Atlanta doesn't make it so. We know enough about the case to know people could be lying about other things.
I apologize.... It appears from the archived article that JAR had been cleared, at least at the time, but not in a way that you would think. What does "alternative sources of information" mean? Sounds like government "doublespeak". What information?

From the article:

'When Boulder police traveled to Roswell, Ga., on Feb. 13, they had the "express purpose" of clearing John Andrew and Melinda Ramsey. They even took a city spokesperson with them, prepared to make the announcement, a city source told the Daily Camera.

But when the detectives and spokesperson arrived in Roswell, they learned that John Ramsey had hired Atlanta attorney James Jenkins to represent Me linda and John Andrew, as well as the children's mother, Lucinda Johnson.

Jenkins would not allow the Ramsey children or their mother to speak with the officers, McNeill said.

"As a result, alternative sources of information had to be developed, which delayed our ability to publicly issue this information," he said.

Pat Korten, the Ramseys' media consultant, posted this on his web site: "The Ramsey family is grateful that police have announced that John Andrew and Melinda are not suspects in the case."'

http://community.bouldernews.com/extra/ramsey/1997/03/07-1.html

wenchie said:
And we can be sure that when his semen was found on that sheet, it was thoroughly tested for any of Jonbenet's semen at the same time.

It's just another red herring.

Are you referring to semen found on JonBenet's body after the murder? Or refering to JonBenet's DNA?

(sorry, confused)

wenchie said:
You still have to log your flight. You don't just get in a private plane and take off in secret.
Why not?

wenchie said:
Why don't you explain how a plane could get airspace and runway clearance and keep it a secret - as well as how you would get a pilot to risk prison by lying for you in a murder investigation?
Oh please. I could think about any number of possibilites. One could rationalize the murder as being a tragic accident, something that doesn't deserve to see the light of day, and someone will buy it (another pun, since the pilot for the Ramsey's bought the plane for a song after the murder). This type of thing went on all the time through-out history, and is still going on.

Guy_in_Georgia said:
Why not?

Oh please. I could think about any number of possibilites. One could rationalize the murder as being a tragic accident, something that doesn't deserve to see the light of day, and someone will buy it (another pun, since the pilot for the Ramsey's bought the plane for a song after the murder). This type of thing went on all the time through-out history, and is still going on.

You think that JAR got a pilot to risk crashing into another plane either in the air or on the runway, so that he could sneak into Colorado and kill his sister on Christmas night?

Ooooookay

wenchie said:
You think that JAR got a pilot to risk crashing into another plane either in the air or on the runway, so that he could sneak into Colorado and kill his sister on Christmas night? Ooooookay
Okay, let's start over....

"Someone", perhaps a lawyer, stated that JAR couldn't have been in Boulder that night because a ticket stub from a movie and an ATM receipt exist from the night of Dec 25, which proves he was in Atlanta.

I say that isn't proof he was in Atlanta.

I don't know whether or he was in Atlanta or not. I do know that there is a witness who stated to police that they saw JAR entering the Ramsey home on Dec 25, 1996.

wenchie said:
You think that JAR got a pilot to risk crashing into another plane either in the air or on the runway, so that he could sneak into Colorado and kill his sister on Christmas night? Ooooookay
Who said anything in my posts about JAR killing his sister?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back